WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gotta love snowbirds......

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
65F1E3EC-9015-4A4F-8688-9D07D0E0A882.png
Snowbird didn’t see my wife’s car in the rear view mirror and backed over it at the gas station.....carbon fiber isn’t going to be cheap. They have great insurance and all is well, my wife is sick to her stomach, can’t even look at it. It’s her baby.

In their defense the car is so low you can’t see it unless you have a back up camera and their truck didn’t have one.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
With what I've read from you in the last few weeks, sounds like you're due for some rainbows and unicorns.

It sucks, no doubt. At least niether of you were standing in front of the car, or as pointed out, anyone's child. Cars can be fixed. Carbon fiber and paint are more mendable than blood and bone.

Watch out for falling anvils or pianos though;)

Reactions: TBI

Springfield

Reaction score
That's messed up, I am sure she is sick about it. Maybe a new one for Christmas....

thmterry

Reaction score
Somebody nicked my Dads ZO6 so he traded it in on a Hellcat.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
If that were Ca , the perp would’ve run and would not have insurance anyway ...

True story....we had one of our guys rear ended on the freeway tonight. He’s in the hospital and from what I’m hearing the guy that got him fled. We will start sorting it out in the morning as they have him on morphine. The I’m car camera might show the license plate of the car so we will pass that on to LEO.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Somebody nicked my Dads ZO6 so he traded it in on a Hellcat.

Smart move! Even though my Hellcat is for sale, I like it much better than the C7’s I’ve driven. That said, there are pros and cons for both! Walts wife’s ride is VERY nice, it sucks to see this happen!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
True story....we had one of our guys rear ended on the freeway tonight. He’s in the hospital and from what I’m hearing the guy that got him fled. We will start sorting it out in the morning as they have him on morphine. The I’m car camera might show the license plate of the car so we will pass that on to LEO.
The plate will come back expired and registered to someone else ...hope your guy will be ok .

SixD9R

Reaction score
When I need to back out of a parking space or something similar I always look around at the situation before I even get in my truck. Glad they didn't run and have insurance though. Good luck getting it fixed. It's pretty minor in the big scheme of things.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Last year during a storm my kids basketball hoop blew over and landed on the hood of my Lexus. When I went to the body shop the guy told me to get it in ASAP because their business gets slammed as soon as the snow bird arrive. LOL

It sucks, no doubt. At least niether of you were standing in front of the car, or as pointed out, anyone's child. Cars can be fixed.

This. About 2 years ago my buddy was fueling at Costco. This old guy on the other side of his pump backed up real fast and ended up on the hood of a Mercedes. He pulled forward and the Mercedes owner walked over to look at the damage. Old guy slams it in reverse again and runs over the owner killing her. Sad

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Last year during a storm my kids basketball hoop blew over and landed on the hood of my Lexus. When I went to the body shop the guy told me to get it in ASAP because their business gets slammed as soon as the snow bird arrive. LOL

This. About 2 years ago my buddy was fueling at Costco. This old guy on the other side of his pump backed up real fast and ended up on the hood of a Mercedes. He pulled forward and the Mercedes owner walked over to look at the damage. Old guy slams it in reverse again and runs over the owner killing her. Sad
Jesus Christ that's horrible!
I've always told my wife, when the time comes, put me out to pasture. I have always thought of a car as freedom, and losing my license would kill me. Before I hurt someone, my driving will be regulated to tractor mowing on the property. Although it sucked my Pops passed so suddenly, that was the only good thing. It would have killed him to take his keys, and killed me to do it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Anyone care to guess how much a gm factory replacement carbon fiber hood is for a 2017 corvette......$9289, crazy.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Anyone care to guess how much a gm factory replacement carbon fiber hood is for a 2017 corvette......$9289, crazy.
I hope you get to keep the old one. Either for resale, or just cool mancave art;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
good idea!
Not a lot of carbon fiber parts littering the local wrecking yards...and as far as cool factor, ranks pretty high. No sense in the body shop pedaling parts they were paid to replace.

...but, your wife may not want to see a reminder her baby was beat up...so check with management;)

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Annoying but in the big picture...... nothing to get worked up about.
Just still very annoying in the short term.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
All the negativity. Yikes. This is why they are called accidents. Shit happens. Yes it sucks ass!!