WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How do I attack this? SirrusXM bill just arrived.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
So think how many subscribers they would have if the max price was only $60 a year. How many just cancel and don't fight the price incrrease.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So think how many subscribers they would have if the max price was only $60 a year. How many just cancel and don't fight the price incrrease.

They don’t let you cancel without offering you the $60/year.

6 balls

Reaction score
Just did this on Monday, only it looks like I gave up too soon. I took their second offer of $96 per year.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Just did this on Monday, only it looks like I gave up too soon. I took their second offer of $96 per year.

DECDA446-80CD-42EF-8DE1-96F49D9CDFE4.jpeg

endobear

Reaction score
I had XM for about 10 years. Had docking stations in both my trucks, job site radio, toy hauler, garage system and home sound system. 1 controller deal. It was great system for me. They pissed my wife off with the billing one to many times and she lost her shit on them and cancelled it.
Funny thing, a few years later, her new car came with the free 6 months. She liked it and has kept the subscription going.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
What are you paying? Tv and internet...

I only have the net
Do you mind sharing what you’re paying for the net only? I’d kind of like to dump the TV and phone, it’s gone up about $50 in the last few months, considering streaming only. I’m currently paying just under $200 for a crappy TV package, phone and Internet.

Reactions: DLC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I need to call SuddenLink and Directv right now to do this same thing.. my retention discounts have lapsed.

Called DTV yesterday and went full apeshit.
Told them every year I call and do the dance to get my NFL ticket lowered.
20 year customer.
Bitch said sorry it’s too late.
Went double super duper apeshit.
Ended up getting remainder of the season free and canceled NFL for next year.
Told the Asian lady I’m tired of calling every year. Just fucking drop the nfl and I’ll get it elsewhere if I’m interested.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Yesterday they turned off my radio, credit card expired. I called and told them I hardly used it. After finally getting the call switch to the States, I got a 12 month deal for $99. Plus the artist fee. Came out to $133.

Good luck.

boatpi

Reaction score
I still have my portable audiovox receiver, works great. I purchased xm lifetime about 10 years ago for $450.

boatpi

Reaction score
As a thought, these work well, uses FM transmitter. I even have a 12 volt cig lighter converter to 110v in my house, it transmits to my Yamaha receiver in FM, plays outside, fantastic. I have used all across the country and Canada for over 10 years. Use on boat, car, house, etc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIRIUS-SP5...:07QAAOSwbqddvJP1:sc:USPSPriority!92649!US!-1

This model has a boombox. If you use a cradle, just place in car, plug in with antenna on dash or roof, good to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIRIUS-Spo...:qWMAAOSwTM5Yzzcq:sc:USPSPriority!92649!US!-1

DLC

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing what you’re paying for the net only? I’d kind of like to dump the TV and phone, it’s gone up about $50 in the last few months, considering streaming only. I’m currently paying just under $200 for a crappy TV package, phone and Internet.

I’m paying $75 a month but it’s for a higher speed which costs an extra $10 bucks month - wife works from home and needs the net to work. Sometimes it just goes out momentarily and comes back on like a blink / blip in service. Average speed service is in the $60’s. And I bought my own modem otherwise it’s $10 month to use theirs

as for tv get an over the air TV antenna you’ll get like 30 plus channels and it’s free after antenna purchase and install. You get local tv, news and some cool channels

As for phone do you need a land line? Unless you have little kids, cell phone is all you really need. You could even add a line to cell plan for a home cell phone if you cut the phone line off, you don’t need a smart phone just a cheap flip style grandpa type phone - jitterbug

Last edited:

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Been doing the $ 25. for five months for a few years in the wife's car. Now it includes streaming on my phone and I'm using that everyday. I really like SirrusXM programming and content, sound quality using satellite is horrible though.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
When Howard went to Sirius, I bought a lifetime subscription.

I think it has been 14 or 15 years now with free Satellite radio...I have bought a couple newer receivers over the years.