WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What would you do? Take the offer or wait?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
3 years ago we bout a “major fixer” house near Seattle. In January the Lady and I are transferring to be based out of LAX. We have busted our asses on this house and replaced or repaired damn near everything. We decided to list the house now and see what happens. The listing went up Wednesday night at 9pm. Thursday brought 5 showings, today had 6, tomorrow has a couple scheduled already and the open house on Sunday.

Tonight we got a full price offer and an agreement to buy our furniture outside of escrow but they only made the offer valid for one day, hoping to avoid a bidding war after the open house.
They also want to close in 3 weeks, which works perfectly into our timeline.

Would you just take that offer or gamble on more offers coming in?

See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/26505-Lake-Fenwick-Rd-S-Kent-WA-98032/48909679_zpid/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
3 years ago we bout a “major fixer” house near Seattle. In January the Lady and I are transferring to be based out of LAX. We have busted our asses on this house and replaced or repaired damn near everything. We decided to list the house now and see what happens. The listing went up Wednesday night at 9pm. Thursday brought 5 showings, today had 6, tomorrow has a couple scheduled already and the open house on Sunday.

Tonight we got a full price offer and an agreement to buy our furniture outside of escrow but they only made the offer valid for one day, hoping to avoid a bidding war after the open house.
They also want to close in 3 weeks, which works perfectly into our timeline.

Would you just take that offer or gamble on more offers coming in?

See what I found on #Zillow!
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/26505-Lake-Fenwick-Rd-S-Kent-WA-98032/48909679_zpid/

That's tough but that is a lot of showings in a short amount of time. Depends on whether you priced it lower hoping to get multiple offers or priced it around what you were happy with selling it for ?

grumpy88

Reaction score
We had that same offer and within 7 days we had 11 offers and settled for 32 k over asking and set the new high comp for the area . I would trust your realtor . If you hired the right one they know your homes current value

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Welcome to the gamble? Tough call. If your happy with it take it and move on.

JayBreww

Reaction score
We had that same offer and within 7 days we had 11 offers and settled for 32 k over asking and set the new high comp for the area . I would trust your realtor . If you hired the right one they know your homes current value

If they know the current value then why didn’t they list it for more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arch stanton

Reaction score
My brother and I flipped over 100 houses what got us the most money was to show the house for 2 weeks and create a bidding war we never accepted the first offer and always came back with give us your best and final even if we only had one offer, we did not always take the highest offer because we wanted to close fast to move on to the next house, you had to be well qualified lots of things cause to much delay like VA loans seemed to be 90 days plus caused by government mandated bull.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Is this the house the plywood foundation was revamped?

I've read a few things and the Seattle area is cooling off just a little at this time in some locations.
It's all about centering the Bubble when looking for maximum profit. Sometimes taking a small loss to gain on the other side is more than acceptable.
I rehabbed a house in 2006. many were betting the market was going up and others the opposite. The first few offers on the price we set that was rather high in my hopes of someone thinking things were still skyrocketing were a little low. I refused. Suddenly there were 3 buyers who started a bidding war. I came out $25K over asking. 3 years later the house was back on the market for less than what I paid for it.
I know this doesn't help but I just wanted to give a perspective.
Good luck.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Take it you want that good karma for your next purchase. Don’t be greedy you’ll end up with nothing. Someone might have worked there ass off and your house it there dream no need to stomp on it if. You aren’t losing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Is this the house the plywood foundation was revamped?

I've read a few things and the Seattle area is cooling off just a little at this time in some locations.
It's all about centering the Bubble when looking for maximum profit. Sometimes taking a small loss to gain on the other side is more than acceptable.
I rehabbed a house in 2006. many were betting the market was going up and others the opposite. The first few offers on the price we set that was rather high in my hopes of someone thinking things were still skyrocketing were a little low. I refused. Suddenly there were 3 buyers who started a bidding war. I came out $25K over asking. 3 years later the house was back on the market for less than what I paid for it.
I know this doesn't help but I just wanted to give a perspective.
Good luck.

Yup! I’ve literally done it all to this house.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I always wonder when houses sell quickly if the seller/realtor priced the house correctly

That'd be my concern but if you and your broker did your homework then you priced it right so...you should sell

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I always wonder when houses sell quickly if the seller/realtor priced the house correctly

That'd be my concern but if you and your broker did your homework then you priced it right so...you should sell

That is what people always think. It was under priced. Never ohhhh they overpaid.

I just sold a house in North Hollywood for 65k over list price. Comps are the only way to determine value as well as a good appraisal. Just depends who is looking at the time, how many properties they have missed out on, and how bad they want this property.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
you set the price... own it, sell it.. move on.

boatpi

Reaction score
Tim at OCM needs a safe house, I hear he has a lot of ca$h. Hit him up.