WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Garage wall covering ideas in Havasu

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I want to put something on my garage wall next to where I park my RZR. I want 3 sheets measuring 3’ x 8’ to place over the drywall. This is just to protect the drywall from tire scuffs. I parallel park the RZR against the garage wall.

Thinking of diamond plate or white plastic.

Any good places to get this type of stuff in Havasu?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
FRP panels come in 4 x 8 sheets are lightweight and pretty tough and have kind of a orange peel drywall look to them.

I had looked at those. Cheapest solution certainly, I just have to cut them down somehow lol.

Edit: l could just cut the board for plug and switch clearance.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Line-X it.
Buy a gallon and roll it on. Even Harbor Frieght has the stuff in gal or rattle can.

I had thought of this option, my hope is that an external board may offer a bit more protection for the drywall.

Not that I try to rub the wall, but it happens, and line-x and rubber won’t slide over each other at all, and I’m worried that could put a little more pressure on the drywall.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I had thought of this option, my hope is that an external board may offer a bit more protection for the drywall.

Not that I try to rub the wall but it happens, and line-x and rubber won’t slide over each other at all.
You could coat some 8th inch plywood or similar.....but at that point I'd do some aluminum diamond plating and buff the shit out of it for the bling factor:p

96scarab

Reaction score
How about some corrugated metal panels ? They are cheap and you can paint them to your liking.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I think FRP would probably be the easiest solution for what you're trying to accomplish. Thirty-five bucks a sheet at Home Depot, and you need one normal size tube of glue for each sheet.

Use a straightedge and a sharp razor to score it a few times, then it will snap off. Also grab some of the edge cap trim pieces.

They also make white plastic FRP rivets if you don't want to glue it to the wall.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score

Not that I try to rub the wall, but it happens, and line-x and rubber won’t slide over each other at all, and I’m worried that could put a little more pressure on the drywall.

I got some of these bro, and put them under my tires. Its amazing how easy you can swing the car around. When I need to make room for Momma to do Laundry, its literally just scoot it over. And you can do it really easily. Pull in away from the wall and tuck her in. Just a thought.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
corrugated aluminum roofing is what I used for part of the garage where tool chests, boat, jet skis, and vehicles are moved around. Used some brick paneling on the side where the pool table and high top tables are. Outdoor carpet would be good too.

Reactions: DLC

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Sintra Plastic comes in 4×8 sheets and various colors . Not sure where to get it in Havasu though ..

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
IMG_4970.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
They have FRP in smooth also in different colors but it’s Probaby a special order. You can get it at supply stores that sell drywall to contractors.

Maybe install a 2x12 painted black along the floor and stack frp above It.

I’ve installed a ton of frp, so I can give you a hand if needed.

DLC

Reaction score
corrugated aluminum roofing is what I used for part of the garage where tool chests, boat, jet skis, and vehicles are moved around. Used some brick paneling on the side where the pool table and high top tables are. Outdoor carpet would be good too.

Can you post a pic?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They have FRP in smooth also in different colors but it’s Probaby a special order. You can get it at supply stores that sell drywall to contractors.

Maybe install a 2x12 painted black along the floor and stack frp above It.

I’ve installed a ton of frp, so I can give you a hand if needed.

My garage has baseboards, so my plan is to set it right on top of the baseboards.

I’m thinking the FRP might work well. I see I can glue it down or rivet it down. I don’t want to glue it.

I’m assuming I could just screw it down with some stainless pan head screws into the studs.

Ideally I’d like it 3’x8’ so the prospect of scoring it and snapping it off sounds appealing. Otherwise I’m notching it with my dremel around the outlets.

I like the idea of mill finished diamond plate, but the FRP sheet is so cheap and at Lowe’s already.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
What about rubber sheet diamond plate, they sell it on Amazon in different sizes and colors, go up the wall 3 or 4 ft with a piece of trim of some kind at the top

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I
My garage has baseboards, so my plan is to set it right on top of the baseboards.

I’m thinking the FRP might work well. I see I can glue it down or rivet it down. I don’t want to glue it.

I’m assuming I could just screw it down with some stainless pan head screws into the studs.

Ideally I’d like it 3’x8’ so the prospect of scoring it and snapping it off sounds appealing. Otherwise I’m notching it with my dremel around the outlets.

I like the idea of mill finished diamond plate, but the FRP sheet is so cheap and at Lowe’s already.
I did this in my garage & looks good. I used the screw snaps to hide the drywall screws, easy, inexpensive & looks good.

calkid

Reaction score

These instead of glue.
Screenshot_2019-11-18-19-19-34.png

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Whitewalls?
:p
You skidding into home plate? lol :D