WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RZR Spare Tire Mount/Box- Gravity Motorsports

Hammer

Reaction score
Seems like a cool idea but there are no returns if you don’t like it. I was going to go with the assault spare tire carrier but came across this. Seems like the box would be handy to keep sweatshirts and other stuff out of the weather. Looks tall though,like you wouldn’t be able to see out of the rear view mirror.

Does anyone have one of these?

https://www.gravitymotorsports.co/rzr-cooler-dry-storage-spare-tire-carrier/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Gonna depend on the cage and roof if you’ll will be able to see out of the back. With a stock cage or taller aftermarket cages you’ll probably be ok.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I agree you will not be able to see out the back of it

Hammer

Reaction score
$705 shipped and tax
Wonder how much it weighs
Wonder if you can still install a S&B particle seperator
A lot of work to get to the air filter or add oil

That is my biggest worry. It takes up the entire bed and I have to remove it in order to add oil.
I dont need that much storage.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I have a spare tire carrier similar to the Polaris one. $250
I have a Super ATV cooler box. $200
Box is super heavy duty but a bit small. We use it more to put a change of clothes to keep stuff dust free
It removes easily with a couple hitch pins
It's a small area but you can see out the back and does have a nice look instead of strapping a cooler down
IMG_20191002_192532_011.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That is my biggest worry. It takes up the entire bed and I have to remove it in order to add oil.
I dont need that much storage.

I did all this calculus last year.

If you want to be able to see out of the back, I don’t think you will find any box on the market that is going to work with a tire on top of it. They are all pretty tall.

You’d probably need something custom, and the height of your cargo in the box will be limited.

Your cooler will need to be over the engine hatch, harder to reach.

With a tire carrier on the back you can get some taller cargo over the engine hatch like your tool box, and a 24 can AO cooler will fit under the tire, right up front.

I carry a 20 or 30 liter dry storage bag on top of my tool box under the spare tire for clothes.

Hammer

Reaction score
I’m very happy with my spare holder. The Assault one kinda sucks.

I have this one, about half of what the Assault one costs.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192224647465

You’ll have to do a little measuring if you have an aftermarket cage, it won’t work with the rear bracing in all aftermarket cages.

That’s the one my brother in law just picked up, do you think it will hold a 32” tire if go bigger?. Glad to hear the assault one is t that great.

My worry is the cross support. I really don’t want to cut it out but will if I have too...

IMG_0102.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh yea that cross support has got to go no matter what you do if you want a box or a rear tire carrier.

A 32 will fit on the carrier, the limiting factor is the rear down tubes, and where the tire will touch them when the carrier goes up.

My tire is 30.5”. A 32 will be tight, but it should work, you’ll have to place it further back on the tire carrier.

B61D4953-EA6D-492E-B11C-525A70D5D029.jpeg

If you decided you could live without rear visibility, I would just get a static rear tire mount and modify it to bolt to your cage. You have plenty of structure back there to support it.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have the same mount as large orange font but I have the tusk bag instead of. Box. I can lift it out easily and I have plenty of storage. I also fit a 24 can ao in the back as well

Hammer

Reaction score
I have the same mount as large orange font but I have the tusk bag instead of. Box. I can lift it out easily and I have plenty of storage. I also fit a 24 can ao in the back as well

Looks you guys made my decision...

Thanks BP and LOF!!:cool:

I like the price point of that Spare tire carrier... I'll just do a soft bag for storage.

Time to Break out the Plasma....

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

I like the price point of that Spare tire carrier... I'll just do a soft bag for storage.

I’ll take a picture tonight of my setup

2Driver

Reaction score
0E30529F-6644-463A-BB90-334BC5CFEDD0.jpeg
I have a spare tire carrier similar to the Polaris one. $250
I have a Super ATV cooler box. $200
Box is super heavy duty but a bit small. We use it more to put a change of clothes to keep stuff dust free
It removes easily with a couple hitch pins
It's a small area but you can see out the back and does have a nice look instead of strapping a cooler down
View attachment 815940

There you are using my trails again :D

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

On the spare tire carrier I had to use a dremel to smooth out a couple of the holes, but it goes together nicely.

At lest this will be way cheaper than the box :) FWIW I use an 8 gallon Action Packer for tools and spare parts, and I put a bracket on the engine cover to keep it from moving. I just strap it down using the lock and ride hooks in the bed. And I use the AO cooler as we mentioned.

I bungee cord my dry bag on top of the Action Packer, it fits in the backside of the wheel when the spare is down.

944FB1EF-0111-4D3B-855D-8E4D34F1699E.jpeg

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg

Installed. I think I’m going to leave the cross bar and extend the spare tire rack with another tube with brackets for the straps It will give me the ability to mount a jack or tool box to the spare tire rack in front of the tire...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 817100 View attachment 817098 View attachment 817096

Installed. I think I’m going to leave the cross bar and extend the spare tire rack with another tube with brackets for the straps It will give me the ability to mount a jack or tool box to the spare tire rack in front of the tire...

Sweet, that is good news. Even better that you don't have to hack up the cage. You'll be able to carry a 32 without issue that way. That is a good spot for a jack up front as well.

I like the look of those machined Method wheels.

Last edited:

69hondo

Reaction score

Hammer

Reaction score
Hammer lets see the ATC hiding back there,

I don't have any good ones on this computer..... I will post a pic in its prime tonight.

Thats my pride and joy, shes under rehab right now. I've owned that bike for 20 years. Kind of crazy to think about now. Trinity Stage 3 Port Job with a 38MM carb. That bike rips, although I havent ridden it in awhile...

Hammer

Reaction score
Sweet, that is good news. Even better that you don't have to hack up the cage. You'll be able to carry a 32 without issue that way. That is a good spot for a jack up front as well.

I like the look of those machined Method wheels.

Ya... I didnt want to touch the cage.. Its powder coated and looks nice.
I like the wheels too. Everyone was going with black and I wanted something different. I haven't had a chance to powder coat the beadlock.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ya... I didnt want to touch the cage.. Its powder coated and looks nice.
I like the wheels too. Everyone was going with black and I wanted something different. I haven't had a chance to powder coat the beadlock.

I may be biased, my wheels are machined face.. Did it to be a little different as well.

And yes, you'll have little guilt hacking up a $250 spare tire mount, vs your finished roll cage.

Brobee

Reaction score
I just saw this at the boat show. The owner is going to have it replicated and sold through Horizon this December. Seems like a good design as it just covers the bed and has a divider between the cooler area and storage.
IMG_0783.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
IMG_0231.jpg

This is as the easiest/quickest solution. Primer is drying. Should have painted and installed tonight. Big enough to accept a 32” tire as well.

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
@Hammer I have no idea how I missed this, but have been very busy with family things lately.

Mike, we have a Turbo S with aftermarket cage and I am going to go this route I believe. IS there anyhting you would do different now with the benifit of some miles on this set up? Looking at your 30 inch tire and the gap to the cage I am sure we can get a 32 on there. I carry the 8 gallon Action Packer and a soft sided cooler underneath. I will be modding the rack like you did. Was thinking of perhaps putting a rubber snubber/leg under the extensions and set them up to rest on the flat plastic ledge there, idea would be to add some support to the rack and take some of the load off that single centered latching point....any advice? Here is an older pic w/rear view of the cage, the "beauty bars" on the stock cage are gone, I am thinking this will work
rear shock.jpg

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont Where did you get that tie down for the rack, and ...

Where did you guys buy this rack, off ebay or from the UTV kings website.?

Thanks...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Thanks...

They used to sell it with the tie down straps for the tire. Mine came wi them but it seems they do not sell them wiry the straps anymore. I did buy mine right from eBay. But the UTVKingz website might be cheaper.

I get most of my custom straps from customtiedowns.com. You can get some straps made to your specs and color. They also have the Y strap for spare tires as well.

This rack is bulletproof for the price. It needed a little finish work with a dremel and I added some fender washers to the lower mount for the lift struts. The latch however is really solid as is. It may need a little extra fab work for your cage and a 32” tire (or not, it may just work) but looking at your cage it should be good.

I’ve had mine for over 2 years, very satisfied.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Thanks...
Got mine off eBay....they've been selling them at $225.
Got the 1 1/2" straps at harbor freight for $6.99.
My cage is a ProArmor and doesn't hinder function or tire size.
20210302_094655.jpg
20210302_094704.jpg
20210302_094718.jpg

Last edited:

Boat 405

Reaction score
I'm running the cage worx spare tire carrier and the Polaris storage box in my 2018 xp4 turbo, and I have the Air separator which blocks all view. But I have the ride command which gives you a rear view camera. Works great once you rely upon the camera to see your buddy behind you or to back up somewhere instead of using mirrors.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Got mine off eBay....they've been selling them at $225.
Got the 1 1/2" straps at harbor freight for $6.99.
My cage is a ProArmor and doesn't hinder function or tire size. View attachment 977791 View attachment 977792 View attachment 977793
Zig, you need some of these for your cargo. They drop into the round holes in the bed.

GripPRO ATV Anchors to fit Polaris Lock & Ride ATV Tie Down Anchors Made to fit RZR, Sportsman - Set of 4 - These DO NOT FIT Ranger Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9G1Y9...abc_6VJ6KYVFDPW788M3SHG5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Zig, you need some of these for your cargo. They drop into the round holes in the bed.

GripPRO ATV Anchors to fit Polaris Lock & Ride ATV Tie Down Anchors Made to fit RZR, Sportsman - Set of 4 - These DO NOT FIT Ranger Models https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M9G1Y9...abc_6VJ6KYVFDPW788M3SHG5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Got some on order. In mean time I looped straps all the way through and over cooler, you don't see em in that pic because I put lid over them. The bungie was just to prevent any rearward motion.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. They list it a bit cheaper on their website, tonight I will look and see if it is playing games with shipping etc or really cheaper.
I have Ride command too Boat 405 but I like using the wide angle rear view mirror i have to put an eyeball on the people behind us on rides and the grandkids if they are putting along behind us. Frankly I have never tried to use the ride command rear camera in any gear but reverse.

Polaris RZR XP 1000 Turbo Spare Tire Mount

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
I just saw this at the boat show. The owner is going to have it replicated and sold through Horizon this December. Seems like a good design as it just covers the bed and has a divider between the cooler area and storage. View attachment 817290

This is a R*S*K Customs trunk lid, made in Utah, about $450.00. I have a couple of them on my rigs, I like them alot.