WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big Bend...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So you guys probably already know that the store that was at Buckskin St Park is now closed.

Well, sorta...

They moved across the river to Big Bend. Everything in there is all brand spanking new. They have a whole new menu with even more stuff on it, and the pizza is absolutely da bomb.

Full store. Ice, beer, food, you name it. They have boating supplies in there as well.

The arcade for the kids has a lot of new games in it, and they have TV's all over the place. Inside and out. They have Sunday NFL ticket, so there was a game on every TV.

They expanded the boat dock, added in gas pumps, and all the bumpers on the docks are fairly new.

They also added a nice outside deck. It's good size, so you can sit outside and watch the boats go by, or sit inside in the AC, or outside inside a screened of patio area. The whole set up is Really nice.

They also have a nice clothing store inside as well. Shades, bathing suits, flip flops. Whatever you might need is there.

They also put in a small wading pool right next to the store. Good place for the kids to cool off.

Come spend a few bucks and enjoy!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

These are the only ones I took. As you can see, the outside deck isn't finished just yet.

20191110_094823.jpg
20191110_094805.jpg

MSum661

Reaction score
First Parker was closed and now the store at Buckskin St Park is closed too?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Tricky!

Looks inviting.

It's nice. They have been putting a lot of work into the place. There is actually a swimming pool there now too. They Just filled it up. No idea when it will actually be opened, or what it will take to get into the pool!

It was locked up tight. Gotta figure out who to bribe to get a key...

JB in so cal

Reaction score
We stopped to look at the beach front park models. Really nice. Sing that close to the water sitting on your deck with the boat right in front ...

grumpy88

Reaction score
Food is really good . They said they were doing delivery on the California side starting in October . I don't know if that happened though

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I’d like to see a breakfast burrito added to the menu, so you can grab and go! Tough to eat a omelette while driving the boat...

NicPaus

Reaction score
Wish they showed echo lodge the same love, oh well! We visit BB often know most the gals who work there. Really is a nice place.
Kitchen was gutted last trip and floor removed to dirt. They had new plumbing going in. New floor drains. Looked like it should be complete in a few years.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You're not doing a very good job of keeping people off of my River.

I know. Kinna breaking my own rules here. But I really wanna see the place succeed.

Plus...

Since I only go in the spring and the fall, I miss all the big crowds anyway! :D

cofooter

Reaction score
I know. Kinna breaking my own rules here. But I really wanna see the place succeed.

Plus...

Since I only go in the spring and the fall, I miss all the big crowds anyway! :D
WHat days is it open for Breakfast? Weekends only, or every day?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
WHat days is it open for Breakfast? Weekends only, or every day?

I was there Thursday to Sunday. It was open every day I was there. BB is full of snowbirds these days. They pretty much cater to them.

;)

boatnam2

Reaction score
I was there Thursday to Sunday. It was open every day I was there. BB is full of snowbirds these days. They pretty much cater to them.

;)
You think? they already know they got the home owners money.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Reason the snowbirds get half price beers and food. Summer hits and every price doubles at the bar.

Skippy

Reaction score
They have Space Dust on tap. $8 a pitcher and a $3 return for bring your empty pitcher back! Fantastic! Food is great and kids love the arcade. If you buy a $100 card from the machine it gives you $40 extra toward games. And the card can be used to buy food and drinks!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They have Space Dust on tap. $8 a pitcher and a $3 return for bring your empty pitcher back! Fantastic! Food is great and kids love the arcade. If you buy a $100 card from the machine it gives you $40 extra toward games. And the card can be used to buy food and drinks!

That stuff is Gnarly!!! lol

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes you have to be really careful. :):(

I took one hit one time. That was more than enough for me! lol

But I do know a few people that live for that stuff. When they saw BB had on tap, they were Very happy about that!

Disclaimer: I'm a rum drinker. No beer tastes good to me. Cept maybe an ice cold Corona once in a great while...

20191017_214459.jpg

marsreev

Reaction score
Hi Guys, this is Marsha the cook from club paradise inside of Echo lodge, I just wanted to say hi, and too thank all of you for being so kind to me and loving all of my cooking over the years, I have met so many wonderful people over the years, and I hope to see all you next summer and our new kitchen, I love and miss you all, love ya marsha

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Kitchen was gutted last trip and floor removed to dirt. They had new plumbing going in. New floor drains. Looked like it should be complete in a few years.

Wish Echo would take our launch ramp down to the dirt and start over!

NicPaus

Reaction score
Wish Echo would take our launch ramp down to the dirt and start over!
I have a easier fix. Removing the 200 yards of concrete they poured and wasted would be to costly. It needs some stem walls doweled in dirt filled in the middle and compacted then pour to the stem wall level to give it the slope it needs. They threw away so much money attempting to do it in house already they don't want to spend on it again.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I have a easier fix. Removing the 200 yards of concrete they poured and wasted would be to costly. It needs some stem walls doweled in dirt filled in the middle and compacted then pour to the stem wall level to give it the slope it needs. They threw away so much money attempting to do it in house already they don't want to spend on it again.

So launching a 28 magic would be taking a risk? Lol

NicPaus

Reaction score
So launching a 28 magic would be taking a risk? Lol
Not with a 12" lift. My Cobra I can launch with my little truck and 4x4 but tail gate damn near in the water. With my buddies lifted truck and my old truck can launch anything no matter what the water level at. Nice thing is there is almost never a line as most drive a few miles down the road to rock house.

Clank123

Reaction score
Did not know that!
I am the Regional Manager(SoCal, Arizona and Hawaii) for Elysian Brewing(Space Dust is our IPA).
Will definitely be there one day during Thanksgiving Weekend.
Beers will be on the company card for any RDPers there!
And thanks for enjoying the fastest growing IPA in the USA!

Skippy

Reaction score
Did not know that!
I am the Regional Manager(SoCal, Arizona and Hawaii) for Elysian Brewing(Space Dust is our IPA).
I’ll be there!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Good to know!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did not know that!

Nice offer!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Did not know that!

How cool is that!

boatnam2

Reaction score
Hi Guys, this is Marsha the cook from club paradise inside of Echo lodge, I just wanted to say hi, and too thank all of you for being so kind to me and loving all of my cooking over the years, I have met so many wonderful people over the years, and I hope to see all you next summer and our new kitchen, I love and miss you all, love ya marsha

What's up Marsha? Your the best cook on the river;) we love your breakfast! Jim & Danielle.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Did not know that!

Sweet. I will be there too! Name a day!!! Buddies and I are doing a few ski passes on our hydrofoils for the Outlaw Event on Saturday at Sundance. We will be in the area.

Skippy

Reaction score
Sweet. I will be there too! Name a day!!! Buddies and I are doing a few ski passes on our hydrofoils for the Outlaw Event on Saturday at Sundance. We will be in the area.
Do some passes by big bend. Lots of kids in the park would like to see that including me!

marsreev

Reaction score
What's up Marsha? Your the best cook on the river;) we love your breakfast! Jim & Danielle.
Hi Guy's, I'm doing good, I'm working at RiverIland on the az side, and it's owned by the same company, we don't do breakfast, just lunch and dinner, and we do have pizzas, I'm hopping that I can come back to club Paradise? but that will be up to Terri the manager? I hope all is well for you guys, tell everyone hello for me, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving, xoxo marsha

NicPaus

Reaction score
I will give Terri hell for you :). Club Paradise needs you for Summer. Let her cook all winter for her friends the snow birds.

marsreev

Reaction score
I will give Terri hell for you :). Club Paradise needs you for Summer. Let her cook all winter for her friends the snow birds.
Hi Danielle, No don't say anything like that, maybe ask if I'm coming back, as soon as I can talk to Ryan I'll let you guys no, I'm sure I am, anyway have a good day, thank you, marsha

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The patty melt is still the same. That's all I cared about. :D My kids dig the arcade but do miss some of the old games from the Buckskin side. I made John promise not to sell the machine that made all the noise unless he gave me first right of refusal.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Hi Danielle, No don't say anything like that, maybe ask if I'm coming back, as soon as I can talk to Ryan I'll let you guys no, I'm sure I am, anyway have a good day, thank you, marsha
I was joking Marsha. Nick