WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lol, change of plans

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Earlier in the week I had cut a deal on a truck I had been looking for awhile. Wife and I decided to do a smash trip to reno this weekend to pick this truck up.

Friday night drove to mammoth from temecula and decided to spend the night. Woke up saturday morning to head into reno and close out the deal. On the drive i started to get sick as all hell. Crushing abdominal pain, urge to pass out and had pale diaphoetic skin. Being a paramedic by trade for the past 14 years, i was headstrong on not going to the hospital 600 miles from home even if i was sick.

Well my wife (who is also a paramedic) won that fight. I gave in a went to the local ER. Ruptered appendix and emergency surgery. Dr here was laughing his ass off as he was listening to me talk to the seller of the truck. Lol, we are closing the deal in the parking lot of the ER in few hours
20191027_054245.jpg
20191026_142718.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Lol, they aren't mine either. Im going with billets once i get home and settled

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Lol, thanks for th kind words. I guess i will throw up a little teaser picture of said truck. Original owner with 80k miles View attachment 810839

Hope you get better soon.

Did you give up on the rusty roofed one you bought a couple of months ago?

Looks like a nice Monte Carlo parked behind your new toy too.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yeah, im having the roof patched, but just knowing its patched kept bugging me. This truck is much lower miles and doesnt need much

scottchbrite

Reaction score
That stubbornness kills our kind constantly. Glad your wife was the smart one :D
My wife had the same thing happen to her at work. She drove from Lake Forrest to Loma Linda Murrieta- over Ortega- because she wanted to be closer to home. The whole time she was telling me her S/S and I kept telling her to go to Mission Hospital.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Earlier in the week I had cut a deal on a truck I had been looking for awhile. Wife and I decided to do a smash trip to reno this weekend to pick this truck up.

Friday night drove to mammoth from temecula and decided to spend the night. Woke up saturday morning to head into reno and close out the deal. On the drive i started to get sick as all hell. Crushing abdominal pain, urge to pass out and had pale diaphoetic skin. Being a paramedic by trade for the past 14 years, i was headstrong on not going to the hospital 600 miles from home even if i was sick.

Well my wife (who is also a paramedic) won that fight. I gave in a went to the local ER. Ruptered appendix and emergency surgery. Dr here was laughing his ass off as he was listening to me talk to the seller of the truck. Lol, we are closing the deal in the parking lot of the ER in few hours View attachment 810831 View attachment 810832

Mine went out on the 4th of July in Havasu. No way in hell I was going to the hospital in town. Thankfully, I made it to Loma Linda University Medical Center before it burst. Strange that you have an incision in the upper mid abdomen.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wow. Outstanding. And all of this was accomplished without any input from the RDP Medical Review Board? Lol. Glad you got it taken care of.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
A burst appendix can kill you.... you’re lucky. When I went to the hospital they did surgery, doctor said it was the biggest appendix he ever saw... without busting....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Really, you couldn't find a lowered Chevy on chrome rims in SoCal?:D

Glad you're ok, that sepsis shit sucks ass, and so do hospital trips in general. At least your wife made you go to the hospital, and didn't go for a roadside appendectomy;)

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That does look like a good vehicle. :thumbup: Best to you for a speedy recovery by the way. LOL

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Hard core :D

You should have hung a BA out of yore hospital gown :p

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If it weren't for the IV's, I'd be thinking mental asylum:p

Hope you're feeling better!

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
dude you are a nut! Glad you are OK, my Son has his appendix out in March and it was tough seeing the pain he went thru. Truck looks awesome!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice find you got there.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
haha, good thing you are ok!! Nice deal!

575cat

Reaction score
Just about died from burst appendix when I was 13 , Gangrene , pneumonia , 6 + weeks in the hospital .

buck35

Reaction score
Umm, nice rig ,but not a truck.... :confused:
Glad you recovered from the ordeal!:eek::cool:

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
The truck is beautiful but the story is amazing. Keep it and pass it to your son.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Appendix are overrated anyway

clean Hoes are not. :p:cool:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
The truck is beautiful but the story is amazing. Keep it and pass it to your son.
That is the plan, i will enjoy it as havasu cruiser for a few years and when my son is of age we will do a full resto on it and hand him the keys