WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s everyone’s plans for Thanksgiving?

RJ65

Reaction score
Family dinner, then the wife and I are off to Glamis for 3 days. All the kids are working so solo trip this time.

farmo83

Reaction score
Early Turkey day with my family on Sunday. Actual day of we are going to my In Law's. They love to cook so I can feel my arteries clogging already. That night a bunch of friends I've known since High School all get together at Janies Fine Martini's and talk about how skinny we used to be and how much fun we use to have. The rest of the weekend I'll most likely go black Friday shopping(not door busting though) and deer hunting.

Springfield

Reaction score
Havasu 11/21 to 12/1, quiet wife and I :). Bumn and slumn around town, hit a few gun and pawn shops, pre T Run of course. Tore my damn rotator cuff again and a little edgy waiting surgery. Oh hell ya my tank goes in for new upholstery 12/1!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nothing.

But I’m in town until Friday if anyone wants meet up for a beer or whatever.
I’m at Shugrues right now.

Bails

Reaction score
We are having turkey day at home then driving out late thursday night. I would love to do this ride with my kids and wife. Hell it might just be my son and i....
We are doing the same thing. Let's put a ride together.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Going up to Big Bear to spend it with the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Gonna try to spatchcock a turkey on the Traeger. Then on Friday head over to the LA Car Show and check out the new C8 Vette.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
ill be in parker wed to sat. looking forward to it.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I'll be up @ 5:00 am stuffing bread crumbs up a dead birds butt.:D

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Heading to Discovery Bay for the week!!! Boating, cocktails with friends & BBQ turkey.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I got transferred back to California Milpitas I leave Chicago Saturday and I get a week off might even get to shoot some of my guns and maybe take the sand car out for a ride spend some time with wifey dinner with my grandkids and daughter and son-in-law on Thursday I’ll be doing the cooking

old rigger

Reaction score
Gonna try to spatchcock a turkey on the Traeger. Then on Friday head over to the LA Car Show and check out the new C8 Vette.

What the hell is 'spatchcock a turkey'?

Last edited:

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Some friends of ours rented a house in Havasu for a week, so we will he spending sometime with them.

I’ll be doing the run before T-Day with everyone (formerly Schiada’s in the channel). Don’t think I will be able to get out of the boat with my foot.. Wanted to take the schiada but not sure how I’d even drive it with the foot throttle.. lol. So most likely will be burning the remaining fuel out of the Hallett.

Typically on the Friday we would Goto the Desert bar as it’s kind of tradition. Honestly it’s the busiest day of the year and has turned into such a traffic jam, I’m not sure if we will do it this year or not. Would be good for some drone shots and a quick article so I’m up in the air.

Saturday of course will be Outlaws of Sundance. That has turned into quite the event! Love going down and seeing all my old neighbors and Parker friends.

What’s your plans?

Going to my in-laws in Delaware for the Holiday. Hit the tax free liquor store, and bootleg it back home.

JD D05

Reaction score
Do the 7 then the 63. Don't waste your time on the 6.

I actually am not super clear on all that but I know the industry is shifting a little with all the RIA vs BD stuff. My company is having me do the 6...

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Staying home and cooking for the family as usual, 16 of us plus some kids.

The wife ends up shopping the next morning about 4am.

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
Willow Valley,

Building a new ramp and deck that I have been putting off for 3 years...

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Headed to Dumont tues thru sat. It's about a good 10 hr drive with fuel stops.

87tahiti

Reaction score
IMG_0604.JPG
Staying home and studying for my series 6.

Good luck bro.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Usual shit thursday ..Wake up early fri morning and shoot out to parker for the weekend.. Might ride out to swansea..

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Boys have the week off of school. Heading out to Havasu to boat, offroad and shoot guns.

77charger

Reaction score
Glamis all week gonna take the cr500 for morning rides it hasnt been out in a year too.Buggy rest of day.

mswasey

Reaction score
Thursday: smoke a turkey in my coat and beanie, dinner at my house with family, stare at my boat in the garage.
Friday: go get Christmas tree and decorate it, stare at my boat in the garage.
Saturday and Sunday: Lava Hot Springs Idaho in the hot pools.

petie6464

Reaction score
Spending Thanksgiving with family in Havasu. Waiting for the first one to say "Turkey day" so I punch him/her in the face.

TGIBFTGOG

Reaction score
Oahu - Thanksgiving with daughter and future Son-in-law. Body boarding and body surfing everyday, I hope.

cofooter

Reaction score
Parker this Friday through the following Saturday. Both daughters and families coming out for Thanksgiving day and w/e, first time in a while we've all been together for the holiday. Looking forward to a relaxing time.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
I actually am not super clear on all that but I know the industry is shifting a little with all the RIA vs BD stuff. My company is having me do the 6...

Try to get them to sponsor the 7. You are better off for it and you won't need to get a 7 to work with you (and get cut in). The only thing that's complicated about the 7 is the options trading questions about whether or not they made or lost money. What I learned is to avoid options like the plague. The easiest way to make a small fortune in options trading is to start with a large one.

Most insurance companies push the agents to get the 6 instead of the 7. With the 7 you are much more mobile and can easily put out your own shingle as an investment advisor who also can sell insurance. You need to be able to get control of your career, with the 6 you are still a captive to the company. With the 7 you are in control. IIRC they split the 7 test into two parts and the 63 is still one test.

Familyties

Reaction score
Headed to Havasu Springs for the Best Thanksgiving meals ever. We now go to the Springs Dining for the Thanksgiving feast for the last three years. Its so good we skipped the inlaws house and just to come out to the Springs. YUM :)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Picked up the new RV from service. Ready for the holiday. They knocked it out fast too.

So many Horror stories we heard from friends about Thompson’s and Giants service we take that into account first when we buy.
Worth the drive North. Cheaper too.

Warranty bill $1979 picked up by the MFG. Excellent work.
If you Eddie Haskell how fantastic they are they’ll detail the entire rig free.

Haven’t played dice in awhile. Time for a few hours at the Crap table.

Just the wife and I this year.
We’ll camp in the desert through the holiday then head into Vegas and spend time with Granny Axehandle.
Then onto the Mob museum.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Heading out to Ocotillo Saturday morning until mid-week. Daughter's boyfriend is in town from college so they are going with us and the Mrs. 7 other families in the mix. Staying off the 22. Then back to town for Thanksgiving at our house. Mom wants me to make the turkey. Will be my first time, just going to do it in the oven with a good brine before hand. Oh, and lots of whiskey and beer in between. Everyone enjoy!!!!

brgrcru

Reaction score
You guys might as well stay home , storm of century on the way .

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Thanksgiving with friends Wednesday, family at our house Thursday, Friday head to Havasu to grab the boat (it's supposed be all good and running), might stay Friday night, a little shooting by day and Flying X at night, then home for Christmas decoration work the rest of the weekend.

Oh and insert Christmas/Winter beers into all activities.

Reactions: TPC