WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu free range turkey?

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Where in Havasu carries these birds for turkey day? I really don’t want to drive back to CA for a Shelton, but I will if that’s the only choice.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Once had a true free range turkey my buddy had shot up in Adelaide near Hearst Castle. It was terrible, tough, dry, no flavor and stringy. Good luck on the Free Range bird.

franky

Reaction score
Once had a true free range turkey my buddy had shot up in Adelaide near Hearst Castle. It was terrible, tough, dry, no flavor and stringy. Good luck on the Free Range bird.
True that. Same experience near Nacimiento, gamey as heck.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I'm gonna have a cigar, alcohol, sugar, butter, eggs, fat, grease, salt, bread and a few other things that are going to fuck up my blood work for December. The last thing my doctor is going to say to me is" I'm glad you had a free range turkey". :D

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I'm gonna have a cigar, alcohol, sugar, butter, eggs, fat, grease, salt, bread and a few other things that are going to fuck up my blood work for December. The last thing my doctor is going to say to me is" I'm glad you had a free range turkey". :D

True

outboardrick

Reaction score
I got a free range, no hormone bird from Herb's Herbs on McCulloch. Very expensive and as said above, pretty dull. I'll stick to the normal store bought from now on.

K-DOG

Reaction score

I agree. Had one for Thanksgiving a few years back. It was horrible. Never again.

wzuber

Reaction score
Where in Havasu carries these birds for turkey day? I really don’t want to drive back to CA for a Shelton, but I will if that’s the only choice.
shelton will ship it to you.

2Driver

Reaction score
Free range just means they go outside in a pen for a few hours a day to eat each others droppings.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm gonna let whoever is cooking worry about a bird. I'd be fine with a big drumstick and a loin cloth....arr-arr:cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Lol

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Adelaide and Nacimiento are the same area. Only about 5 miles apart

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Deer from those areas were excellent. Often feeding on coastal grain and apples. Don't know what those turkeys were eating, acorns?