WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Regatta video!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Been playing catch up between the regatta and the sand and water expo, however got this today and it cheered me up! Article coming tonight / tomorrow on the regatta and the. Working backwards through some of the events that we haven’t written up yet. (Starting to get back into the swing of things after this nightmare)

For those that went hopefully it puts ya back in the mode for a few minutes! For those that didn’t you missed out! :D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Awesome editing, dig how the images change with the beat of the background music

Havazoo

Reaction score
Looked like a great time, will plan on attending next year !

Backlash

Reaction score
Looks like an awesome time and I'm bummed we missed it! I enjoyed the video and the video quality was great, but I found the scenes switched too quickly from one boat to the next. It almost felt rushed making it a little more difficult to enjoy some of the amazing hardware that was present. Thanks for sharing though!

Reactions: AEA

sirbob

Reaction score
He did a nice job with the vid!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Nice video. We need more of them to hold us over for the winter.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Very cool, definitely a good time
20191102_181319.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree Boss. If it's a topic that a person enjoys, they will watch it for far longer than that. Look at all of the folks posting YouTube videos and making a living at it. And look at how many people follow them on Patreon! Majority of those vids are 15-30 minutes long.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree Boss. If it's a topic that a person enjoys, they will watch it for far longer than that. Look at all of the folks posting YouTube videos and making a living at it. And look at how many people follow them on Patreon! Majority of those vids are 15-30 minutes long.

You are correct on this but so is Dave. 2-3 min vids are the accepted duration in today’s attention definite social media world. As you pointed out though there is definitely and audience for longer format content. Hell long format podcasts made a come back and some of those are 3 hours plus!
What has to be understood in a situation like a Regatta or other live event is that most of the videos you see in this industry are shot over the course of two days by one guy with a single camera. You are hard pressed to get enough compelling footage in a few hours per day with one camera to make a quality video much longer than 3 minutes once you edit it all down to the good stuff. BamBam did a good job [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
People rarely watch anything on the web for more than 30 seconds. 2:30 is about as long as you can go if you keep a rapid pace to keep peoples attn.

This may be true for your content, but certainly not mine. This is one of my average vids (randomly chosen) and a view into it's audience retention. I don't know if you're monetized, but longer vids make more money.

Retention.png

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This may be true for your content, but certainly not mine. This is one of my average vids (randomly chosen) and a view into it's audience retention. I don't know if you're monetized, but longer vids make more money.

View attachment 818579

I never do the monetize deal, because I didn't want the adds in the vids, and honestly I didn't think it would be worth enough money to bother?

For our style of vids that are quick "sizzle" style reals 3 minutes is about the max. Most of your vids are almost "documentary" style vids of the events etc.. (at least all the older ones that I saw and owned)

RD

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

View attachment 818579
I watched the whole thing when you posted it. :D

Nice vid Dave. You guys are getting some really good production.

That party looked off the hook as well. :cool:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I never do the monetize deal, because I didn't want the adds in the vids, and honestly I didn't think it would be worth enough money to bother?

For our style of vids that are quick "sizzle" style reals 3 minutes is about the max. Most of your vids are almost "documentary" style vids of the events etc.. (at least all the older ones that I saw and owned)

RD

There’s big money in youtube if you do it right. The way my channel is growing I might get to retire early and I don’t work it that hard. I do minimal editing, but show a ton of content.

My old River Rat productions from 20 years ago are a different deal.

Last edited:

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
I didn't attend (well kinda I was riding Body Beach with some of my stand up buddies and passed RD as he was heading down the lake) so I can't complain. I like the video a lot, just made I couldn't get the wife to come out to pull the boat and join in on the festivities. Next year for sure!

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
People rarely watch anything on the web for more than 30 seconds. 2:30 is about as long as you can go if you keep a rapid pace to keep peoples attn.
... Oh so true on the short attention span of people these days... I have 250 videos on YouTube..,most of them are 10 minutes long...Seems like only yesterday when I was able to pay attention for more than 30 seconds...lol...

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Nice job, but only 2 min?
...Sharp Shooter...you are the Benchmark in shooting boating video...The way your mind and eyes are able to capture an event or a single boat... make it so that the viewer is able to come as close as possible to getting the feeling of being there...big thumbup...

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
... Oh so true on the short attention span of people these days... I have 250 videos on YouTube..,most of them are 10 minutes long...Seems like only yesterday when I was able to pay attention for more than 30 seconds...lol...
What's your channel?
Sharp shooters was subscribed long ago.
Thinking about this. In the Streaming movies and TV there should be a thread with the you tube channels members have.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...You know...I’m not really sure what my channel is??? I haven’t shot any video in probably 8 or 9 years... I always wondered why my stuff didn’t come out anywhere close to sharpshooters... then I discovered I am virtually blind in my right eye no central vision...oh well???...
...Just found it... WillieB2004 ...Don’t expect greatness...I was just a guy with a video camera...wasn’t trying to be a pro...lol...
... Very odd thing but recently I have gotten a whole slew of subscribers from someplace like Taiwan...Dunno???