WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Solar Contractors?

RVR2SNO

Reaction score
Considering solar and looking for referrals to discuss options? Any members in the business?

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Last edited:

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
@BasilHayden is the man. Andy spent more time than I could have asked for counseling me on what I need, and what I should expect from a local solar outfit. The only reason he didn’t do my install is because it’s a bit out of his geographic area, but that didn’t stop him from helping me. When I hit a small wall, he offered to rearrange his schedule, fit me in, and make it work if I couldn’t get passed the issue.

Because of his advice, I now have a solid, reputable system on my roof that’s worthy of the long term investment. I would recommend him to anybody, based on his integrity and willingness to go above and beyond for the RDP community.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Can’t go wrong the Palomar.

They stand behinds their work. Had a roof leak after install and it turned out it wasn’t their cause, but my home builder backed out of warranty cause I had solar installed.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Another vote for Palomar. I spoke with Andy yesterday about making sure I was doing all the “ground work” correctly on my new shop (which will house the solar and feed the house). I called him at 2:30 and he had no problem, personally, taking my call and answering all my silly questions on my setup.

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Thanks guys, we have always worked with the RDP crew as friends and family channel. That said please understand that "I" can't always respond as fast as I would like, if you need a quote today, i will send you one of my salesmen. But if you want me to work with you I am happy to, it does save you a commission but that only works if you believe what has been said above. I have a few things I would appreciate that you consider. If you intend to let a paid liar, I mean salesman into your home and "sell" you their system, then let me send my guys to be able to explain why we will do a better job. Trust me we will do a better job than anyone else in the business.

We are getting bombarded right now with procrastinators who want to meet today so they can get installed this year. Sorry but you waited to long for any reputable contractor in the business. I have been turning down 2019 installs since early October. If you sign today, you will likely be installed late January to mid February depending on your project. The truth is this is a 25 year relationship and if you choose a contractor because they promise you the install this year, odds are your being lied to if they are any good, or they have no business for a reason.

I have to install a job a day just to finish the deals promised this year and 15 of those we still need to do their roofs. My guys are already working close to 70+ hours a week there is no more time. The good news is your job will be installed just before the solar production reaches its peak and you will avaid the next major rate increases as well as those summer bills. You can smile when you get the system that produces enough so your wife can be comfortable with the AC turned down a couple more degrees, a happy wife is a happy life!

If you are looking for solar and want the truth as to if it makes sense for you then drop me a PM with your contact info, please include name, address, phone and email. I will reach out when I can.

Thanks again

AJ13

Reaction score
@BasilHayden is the man. He helped me with question I had with SCE billing. As we bought a house that had paid off Solar on the house already. He help me understand everything is will be my go to for anything solar for now on.
Thanks Andy for being a stand up guy.

Trash

Reaction score
I would not waste any time looking anywhere else other than Palomar Solar. These guys get it. Andy sized my system DEAD ON. I am 4 years into a 6 year ROI and he nailed it. ZERO issues with the system or install.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Any thought on if the tax credit will be continued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BasilHayden

Reaction score
Any thought on if the tax credit will be continued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently steps down to 26% next year, though industry is pushing hard for a return to 30. I think it will eventually come back but I wouldnt hold my breath. We are still able to make it work without the tax credit, but not all states will. Those who own businesses, I can sell it to you today and we can extend the 30% credit into next year. Still a small window for this, but it is rapidly closing and you will need to come out of pocket for a piece of the contract this year to qualify.