WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dallas / Plano Inmates - help required for family

Singleton

Reaction score
Best of luck to you and the family. Crazy to say the least!!!

Our son graduated from Boulder and is there now working in architecture. If anything is needed on that front I can contact my son. Just let me know

Thanks. My oldest lives in Denver as well. He took his cousin out for dinner last night

Singleton

Reaction score
Did this happen in McKinney? Is the shitbag in the Collin County Jail?

I'm willing to help, but not sure if I can do anything based on your conversations with her.

Yes and yes.

Don’t want to add stress to anyone’s life. Looking back, I posted thread, since I needed to vent and get ideas on what to do.

Singleton

Reaction score
Finally some good news.
Sister jumped a flight to FL until next Friday, without me flying to TX. Her boys are flying to her for Thanksgiving. Her best friend from HS convinced her to get away and clear her head.

Her soon to be ex husband was bonded out this morning and within an hour suffered a heart attack due to alcohol withdrawals and is currently in ICU. Karma!

4Waters

Reaction score
Finally some good news.
Sister jumped a flight to FL until next Friday, without me flying to TX. Her boys are flying to her for Thanksgiving. Her best friend from HS convinced her to get away and clear her head.

Her soon to be ex husband was bonded out this morning and within an hour suffered a heart attack due to alcohol withdrawals and is currently in ICU. Karma!
Hope he dies and saves Texas tax payers some money

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Damn just saw this thread.

I’m near Dallas/Arlington, shoot me a note if there’s anything I can do to assist...

Oh, and I also only have one gun [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Finally some good news.

That actually explains a lot.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Finally some good news.

Big thumbs up! I hope you aren't out the money for a ticket, but real happy your Sis is out, and you are out of the fray for know. As for him...I believe the saying goes, "The Lord works in mysterious ways"....
Hopefully a good Thanksgiving to you and your family.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Shit.... just read this thread. There is never an excuse for attempting to harm a woman. I don't care if you are an addict. Hope he dies quickly (pain is permitted) and your sister can establish a normal life thereafter.

Singleton

Reaction score
Big thumbs up! I hope you aren't out the money for a ticket, but real happy your Sis is out, and you are out of the fray for know. As for him...I believe the saying goes, "The Lord works in mysterious ways"....
Hopefully a good Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Everything I had purchased was fully refundable. But to be honest, I was not worried about costs when my wife and I decided last night, I needed to go. Needed to make sure she was safe.

As for her soon to be ex, he will be in the rear view mirror soon. While my sister started divorce activities Friday, today we hired a lawyer to get that moving correctly since it will be complicated. They own a business together (45% each) and I own 10%. I want to sign my shares over to my sister, but my legal council has stated not to do that. So this will take time to work out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had just hoped you could get fully refunded...short notice/last minute stuff. Obviously, cost to get what's needed done, is not the issue. I'm just glad you could get a refund...Luau with a pig on a spit or in a pit;), always better with less to think about.

Hopefully she can buy him out, or him buy you both out. Something better than dissolving or shuttering whatever the business is.

Your council is a smart individual. At this point, it makes sense.

rrrr

Reaction score
Everything I had purchased was fully refundable. But to be honest, I was not worried about costs when my wife and I decided last night, I needed to go. Needed to make sure she was safe.

As for her soon to be ex, he will be in the rear view mirror soon. While my sister started divorce activities Friday, today we hired a lawyer to get that moving correctly since it will be complicated. They own a business together (45% each) and I own 10%. I want to sign my shares over to my sister, but my legal council has stated not to do that. So this will take time to work out.

If you find the attorney inadequate for any reason, PM me. I know one of, if not the best, board certified Family Law attorneys in the DFW area. I'm not exaggerating.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
gah, Rob, I'm sure you heard about the horrid story here in San Diego, about RO and Divorce, and guns.... I'm glad she left, and I'm so happy he's in the hospital. Wish there was something we could do. Keep us posted.

Singleton

Reaction score
gah, Rob, I'm sure you heard about the horrid story here in San Diego, about RO and Divorce, and guns.... I'm glad she left, and I'm so happy he's in the hospital. Wish there was something we could do. Keep us posted.

That SD story is my biggest fear.
RDP provided me a place to type, clear my head, validate I was not off basis, get some feedback and ideas. It was what I needed at the time. That is what I love about this place.

Also gave me some local contracts to help my sister, if shit hits the fan while my dad and I travel to Dallas to help. Right now, everything is calm. This divorce is going to get ugly and messy and my only priority is to make sure my sister and nephews are safe.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Something to think about. This happened 25 years ago. Had a buddy that was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic but was off his meds. He hooked up with a crazy broad and they moved in together. They'd fight all the time and finally she pulled a gun on him and was chasing him down the road. Cops show up and they both go to jail. She gets out first and destroys all his stuff. He goes to try to get his stuff but it's all destroyed so he calls the cops. They show up and arrest him again because she claims he tried to assault her.
She can't make the rent so moves to her sisters house in Newhall. He gets out, sells his car to one of my tenants (I was working in Canada at the time) and hires a private detective to locate her. Has a taxi take him to her sisters where he kicks in the front door and guns her down.
Hopefully this guy either dies or gets clean and straightens up but my story is just a warning that she may not be safe at your dad's place or any relative's for that matter. She can still be at risk as well as your relatives.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
That was crazy.

Regarding the Business interests.

what is the penalty for attempted murder in Texas?

I think he will be negotiating the buy/sell from behind bars. The buy/sell agreement may be moot.

Hope your family gets it worked out

Singleton

Reaction score
That was crazy.

Regarding the Business interests.

what is the penalty for attempted murder in Texas?

I think he will be negotiating the buy/sell from behind bars. The buy/sell agreement may be moot.

Hope your family gets it worked out

Was not charged with attempted murder. Aggravated assault w/ deadly weapon.
2-10 years or probation is what he is looking at
10k bail, his lawyer bonded him out already

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Shooting at someones head is not attempted murder? Not sure I understand?

this wasn’t a misunderstanding

Was not charged with attempted murder. Aggravated assault w/ deadly weapon.
2-10 years or probation is what he is looking at
10k bail, his lawyer bonded him out already