WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Paid family leave is bullshit!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Because you have a baby you get time off...men and women? Bullshit! They should offer equal vacation time to people that don't have kids! I need "bonding time" with my boat.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I think it's part of state disability kind of pay in California . Family leave kind of b.s.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Don’t get me started about who’s paying taxes for who’s kids (or is it whom)?
Why should my neighbor pay local taxes for the public school system when both of his kids go to private school?
I pay school taxes in AZ and CA. And I don't even have kids..:)

DuttonDave

Your RDP Connection For Buick, GMC & Cadillac
Reaction score
Um no, it's paid with most companies.
Actually you can get disability during that time...Most Company’s don’t pay you. It’s a little to much for me, although I’m old school.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Most big companies these days offer at least 6 weeks PAID time for men and women after you have a baby.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
My wife had accumulated nearly 6 weeks of sick days, all paid
Came in handy for my recovery.

Dan'l

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know if it's the same, but I had put in for FMLA once. It wasn't paid, but it was so they would can my ass for taking days off when my Mom was sick. Those days were taken from sick and vacation time.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I think most companies pay 6 weeks for family leave.

Many pay up to a specific amount for adoption services, fertility services, and other services or programs that most workers will never use.

I think you should equally criticize these other programs being paid by corporations.

jet496

Reaction score
And they just pass the cost on to the consumers. They aren't lowering their profits. Nope, so all the people that can't afford shit, can't afford it more, yet , they are the very ones voting these liberal laws & politicians in. Crazy how they can manipulate the poor, weak soles out there.

squeezer

Reaction score
Yes because going immediately back to a job after having a baby is proven to be the best thing for the Baby, Mom, and Employer...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Because you have a baby you get time off...men and women? Bullshit! They should offer equal vacation time to people that don't have kids! I need "bonding time" with my boat.
Again, a thread showing it's all about you. What you want. Based on you.....:rolleyes:

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I almost had another one cause of it. I took close to 5 months off by integrating my sick time and sdi while getting paid 100% the entire time. That shit was awesome.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Why should my neighbor pay local taxes for the public school system when both of his kids go to private school?

I'd go a step further...

Why should people that dont have kids be forced to pay school taxes at all? (property tax basically)

Why should people without kids subsidize others decision to wriggle upstream and spawn?

UD

RCDave

Reaction score
Yes because going immediately back to a job after having a baby is proven to be the best thing for the Baby, Mom, and Employer...

having a kid is choice. If one cannot plan properly to take care of the kid, they shouldn't be having them and passing on responsibility to others or an employer. Its call self responsibility

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
having a kid is choice. If one cannot plan properly to take care of the kid, they shouldn't be having them and passing on responsibility to others or an employer. Its call self responsibility
Have you ever called out sick? Taken a vacation day to take care of personal issues?

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
OMG, greg must have FINALLY learned to read, at least selectively ! Now if he would take comprehension classes and learn the real definitions of PROGRESSIVE and REGRESSIVE, there may be hope for him yet !!!
NAAAAWWWW !!!

squeezer

Reaction score

Your argument/position/???? Short sighted and flawed it’s impossible to know where to start.

If a semi-literate adult can’t see the benefits of healthy babies and educating kids one must question the choices your parents made...

RCDave

Reaction score
Your argument/position/???? Short sighted and flawed it’s impossible to know where to start.

If a semi-literate adult can’t see the benefits of healthy babies and educating kids one must question the choices your parents made...

My argument is simple. Its the PARENTS responsibility in every area to take care of the kid they brought into this world. They are 100% responsible for all the kids needs; physical, financial, educational, developmental, etc. NOT the government, the school, the parents employer, etc.

As for the last part of the comment you made, please with all sensitivity, sincerity, and intensity: GO FUCK YOURSELF

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Nice attempt at reframing the discussion to suit your narrative.

Where did he say anything about not wanting healthy babies and educating kids?

He didnt.

(not to put words in his mouth) What he doesnt want to do, or feel is fair that people that CHOOSE not to have children pay for others that CHOOSE to do so.

UD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'd go a step further...

Why should people that dont have kids be forced to pay school taxes at all? (property tax basically)

Why should people without kids subsidize others decision to wriggle upstream and spawn?

UD

Because those spawn will be paying for your SS and other entitlements is the theory anyway.

FWIW getting rid of SS and letting me manage my own money would be fine with me.

squeezer

Reaction score
My argument is simple. Its the PARENTS responsibility in every area to take care of the kid they brought into this world. They are 100% responsible for all the kids needs; physical, financial, educational, developmental, etc. NOT the government, the school, the parents employer, etc.

As for the last part of the comment you made, please with all sensitivity, sincerity, and intensity: GO FUCK YOURSELF

I rest my case.

wayniac

Reaction score

you forgot the dad.. he gets family time off too.. what if there are 2 moms... what do you do? I dont think anyone is saying that they should go back to work immediately, however i bet there are some moms that wish they could. I believe its 6 weeks here, and you dont have to take it all right away.

My kid was in private school until 8th grade. The schools we are assigned too are bad. Trying to get the school district to release him was an act of God!!! I do not mind paying taxes for a school district, but I do mind how they are wasting my money.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
And my ass produces a more defensible position than the Tighty Righties brains on this one...
Ya right. Keep drinking the cool aid. Some fresh air may help your brain comprehend reality. May I suggest you grab both your ears and use your feet to push real hard against your ass.
Lol

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I've seen no position that explains why subsidizing procreation makes sense on any level.

As usual, the libs want everything both ways, especially on this front.

The liberal position is very clear that carbon emissions and overall consumption should be taxed.

Creating people is of all activities is the most eco-unfriendly decision of all - one in effect creates a legacy of ongoing consumption and emission multiplication by doing so and as such - should be heavily taxed vs rewarded for making these choices. Each little person will require food clothing and shelter, exacerbating demand on resources that are already insufficient.

Creating a mini-me makes buying a hummer look like a responsible choice.

Each child should cost progressively more to the parents vs charging everyone else for their"little bundles of joy"...

UD

westair

Reaction score
Completely agree .... once again employers taking all the burden

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I've seen no position that explains why subsidizing procreation makes sense on any level.

The liberal position is very clear that carbon emissions and overall consumption should be taxed.

Creating people is of all activities is the most eco-unfriendly decision of all - one in effect creates a legacy of ongoing consumption and emission multiplication by doing so and as such - should be heavily taxed vs rewarded for making these choices. Each little person will require food clothing and shelter, exacerbating demand on resources that are already insufficient.

Each child should cost progressively more to the parents vs charging everyone else for their"little bundles of joy"...

UD

Completely agree. I assume that they are banking that bringing in more generations of people dependent on government outweighs the carbon emissions cost.

If CA was truly worried about climate change, they would start limiting the population of the state.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Completely agree. I assume that per their usual they are banking that bringing in more generations of people dependent on government outweighs the carbon emissions cost.

If CA was truly worried about climate change, they would start limiting the population of the state.

And there it is, the primary goal of the entire global warming agenda.
Reduce population to a controllable figure.
It’s estimated that a 60% reduction globally is necessary to diminish and eliminate the “will of the people”.
Sheer numbers are all that save us right now.

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
I'd go a step further...

UD
Did you go to school? Consider your debt paid.

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score

All of society benefits from ensuring that kids grow up healthy and with as much education as possible. And that’s why all society pays for it. It’s pretty fucked up how y’all oppose the right of a poor mother to abort an unintended pregnancy, but once that baby draws its first breath you want nothing to do with ensuring its success.

RCDave

Reaction score
Common sense isn't so common.

If two consenting adults agree to procreate, they are taking on the responsibility of all that entails THEMSELVES. Its not society, government or employer responsibility for the ensuing child. Why the hell would any parent abdocate their personal responsibility on others and why would they want to. It's THEIR child.

This is one of the major contributors to our failing society. Sluff off personal responsibility onto others.....

Another one of Liberal minds mental disorders.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
upload_2019-11-21_10-28-17.gif

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
All of society benefits from ensuring that kids grow up healthy and with as much education as possible. And that’s why all society pays for it. It’s pretty fucked up how y’all oppose the right of a poor mother to abort an unintended pregnancy, but once that baby draws its first breath you want nothing to do with ensuring its success.

More supposition.

I am pro-choice when it comes to first-trimester abortion.

I'm also pro ownership of responsibility for one's choices and actions and believe as much as its a womans right at this stage to do this-
It's also her responsibility to pay for the consequences of her actions.

If you decide to have an abortion - you should pay for it.

Not me - I had nothing to do with her actions.

UD

Last edited:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score

UD
Did you go to school? Consider your debt paid.
It is truly amazing to me that you really believe the crap you post. What Debt does Uncle Dave have if he doesn't have any kids? Where did his school tax money go? You Libs really can't understand math much less common sense can you?
Sad that the ignorant will reproduce faster than the informed.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
All of society benefits from ensuring that kids grow up healthy and with as much education as possible. And that’s why all society pays for it.

All of society would benefit from free electricty as well as many other things.

That does not justify punishing people for the poor choices and decisions of others.

UD