WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake Ride 2020

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Does beer, jerky & peanuts count as food?

if so then we have that part covered!

lol

firewood is a much bigger
Problem. But if we all carry a bundle, 2 or 3 of that store bought shrink wrapped stuff then we should be good... or shrink wrap your own bundle....

what’s anybody else think?

I can Goto the fire wood guy and load up the back of the trailer or my truck and divide the costs.. being I have to go two weekends in a row I’d like to carry enough for both weekends.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Let’s us know how much and we can pitch in some cash $$$$

Reactions: DWC

Shortdeck

Reaction score
I can Goto the fire wood guy and load up the back of the trailer or my truck and divide the costs.. being I have to go two weekends in a row I’d like to carry enough for both weekends.

Whata ya mean you have to go two weekends in a row? [emoji6][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
@DLC
@LargeOrangeFont @01erionracing @DWC @Shortdeck @ArizonaKevin @RiverDave

and anyone else I missed

We are about a 2 months away from this ride. I want to start planning some of the logistics regarding the food and firewood.

we have to think about food for

Friday night
Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner
Sunday breakfast

I am leaving breakfast and lunch to each person for Friday and lunch and dinner to each person for Sunday. Last year we had group dinners and breakfast and one person bought all of the food and we were able to keep in daves trailer which he had onsite. I know Dave is unsure about his trailer this year so we possibly need to bring food and cooking equipment for our trip. Don’t stress it’s not that big of a deal.

so I am opening up the discussion to see what ideas people have on the subject

I know we can eat at wayside too (we usually have breakfast there Sunday morning )

To sum up we need to think of food, cooking equipment and firewood for the days we are going.

We should have empty backseats. We rented a full cabin and may have my BIL coming for another load in his razor. I’ll have my wife chime in for meals although the entire family is eating crazy jimmy noodles now, so guessing that’s option 1.
I work through Friday heading in so helping going in is tough. I took the following week off so i can help go back and clean up and shut down.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Still not sure this ride is with a jeep. I can everywhere but not nearly as fast as the sxs and don't want to be so far behind to lose track of everyone else. Did a topock ride with this group and never saw anybody but the other jeep with me.

Singleton

Reaction score
Still not sure this ride is with a jeep. I can everywhere but not nearly as fast as the sxs and don't want to be so far behind to lose track of everyone else. Did a topock ride with this group and never saw anybody but the other jeep with me.

We lost the SXS within 5 minutes

Reactions: mjc

2Driver

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the USGS water data site for Big Sandy river flow rate. If we get a wet winter it will be running high. It can run harder than the river if there are storms.

gqchris

Reaction score
Bumping this up guys. I am going to make this! I dont want to miss it this year!
Im going to rough it and tent it, because Ive always wanted to do it again after being spoiled with an RV and Sat TV. LOL

@DLC, what octane booster did you use for your X3?

Put me on the list sirs. Solo. Wife wants no part of roughing it! LOL

DLC

Reaction score
I didn’t use an octane boost, it’s pretty much follow the leader so your not really running hard. If your concerned bring 4or 5 gallons of fuel

gqchris

Reaction score
I didn’t use an octane boost, it’s pretty much follow the leader so your not really running hard. If your concerned bring 4or 5 gallons of fuel

Got it, yea I was wondering that if it was really necessary.

DLC

Reaction score
Got it, yea I was wondering that if it was really necessary.

I haven’t used boost on any of my trips, although if I went to Mexico I think I would use it

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I am bringing some octane boost, I’ll get Lucas oil or something. My ride with the new ecu really requires it

gqchris

Reaction score
I am bringing some octane boost, I’ll get Lucas oil or something. My ride with the new ecu really requires it

Sounds good. Ill need to stage at someones house also to park my Smaller RV and trailer before the ride. Will probably arrive Thursday night.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Bumping this up guys. I am going to make this! I dont want to miss it this year!
Im going to rough it and tent it, because Ive always wanted to do it again after being spoiled with an RV and Sat TV. LOL

@DLC, what octane booster did you use for your X3?

Put me on the list sirs. Solo. Wife wants no part of roughing it! LOL

Awesome Chris!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sounds good. Ill need to stage at someones house also to park my Smaller RV and trailer before the ride. Will probably arrive Thursday night.

The octane boost you get in CA does not do shit.

I can buy a gallon and have it shipped to AZ, and we can split the cost. It is like $40-$50 for a gallon of good stuff, to mix at 1 ounce per gallon to raise it whole octane points.

Klotz Higher Octane Booster, 128 Ounce Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YEHRUK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_prL8DbFB5QGQ5

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

teded

Reaction score
IMG_1466.jpg

That’s the crossing( the rabbit hole) at the old bus as of 3 days ago.

gqchris

Reaction score

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Normally looks like this
22A2DF57-5ED5-411D-8641-5551D1664A1C.jpeg

In the picture with Dave he is where the red circle is below . You usually can jump across
D4EA08B5-D718-4DAE-9707-3E257F2E540E.jpeg

teded

Reaction score
Can’t get a photo to load

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Roughly 5 weeks to go until this. Still need to lock in firewood and food situation.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Roughly 5 weeks to go until this. Still need to lock in firewood and food situation.

mom still not sure what we are doing as far as my trailer etc or if I will
Even own it by then.

are all the cabins spoken for already?

2Driver

Reaction score

I think you need to add in the Santa Marina flow it merges with Big sandy just before the rabbit hole. USGS also has a projection graph that goes out 2 weeks. The Bradshaws got a lot of rain in the past month. If it stays dry you guys should be good. Im sure the RV place could fill you in, nothing like eyeballs.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
@DLC
@DWC @LargeOrangeFont @01erionracing @Shortdeck @Jumppack JB @RiverDave

so far I know this is the group, plus your friends who all paid. Right now the only one I know is Kevin with a trailer. All of you have been and know what this takes to do. We need to plan food, drinks and firewood.

we have close to 25-30 people if I am not mistaken. Add your name and the number of people in your group so we can get an accurate head count.

We have the following for food:

Friday night dinner (my thoughts were burgers and dogs)
Saturday breakfast lunch and dinner (breakfast? Lunch sandwiches dinner?)
Sunday breakfast= wayside

if we don’t want to do a communal things that is ok too.

Dave is on the fence for a trailer or not so unless you lock that in we need to plan.

bpracing= 1 person(s)

I am thinking we leave at 9:00 am from the short stop on Friday the 17th of January.

ChasingPaper

Reaction score
I’m down to go and bring a friend if there’s still room! I’ve been having a lot of fun so far this year on all these rides!

DWC

Reaction score
@DLC
@DWC @LargeOrangeFont @01erionracing @Shortdeck @Jumppack JB @RiverDave

so far I know this is the group, plus your friends who all paid. Right now the only one I know is Kevin with a trailer. All of you have been and know what this takes to do. We need to plan food, drinks and firewood.

we have close to 25-30 people if I am not mistaken. Add your name and the number of people in your group so we can get an accurate head count.

We have the following for food:

Friday night dinner (my thoughts were burgers and dogs)
Saturday breakfast lunch and dinner (breakfast? Lunch sandwiches dinner?)
Sunday breakfast= wayside

if we don’t want to do a communal things that is ok too.

Dave is on the fence for a trailer or not so unless you lock that in we need to plan.

bpracing= 1 person(s)

I am thinking we leave at 9:00 am from the short stop on Friday the 17th of January.
DWC = 4
@Jumppack JB = 3

We’re all for group meals. It’s much easier and part of the fun of the trip. It’ll be tough without a trailer heading up but we’ll figure it out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@Bpracing1127 and I talked about this earlier today but we were thinking of doing community dinners, and fairly simple community breakfast, but everyone will be responsible for their own snacks and lunches. He can make the final ruling here.

The logistics start to go sideways when you start thinking about how to cook for and serve 30+ people efficiently.. and not serving people for hours at a time, and packing all of that in a few SXS, along with your personal stuff, other camping equipment etc.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I talked to BP race about dinners

Friday night arrive to Alamo
Dogs and burgers
Potato & Mac & pasta salad

sat morning
quick easy breakfast food is undecided
We want to leave camp about 10 am to go on a good ride and explore new areas

get back to camp about 3or 4 pm grill up carne and Pollo asada burritos or Tacos depends on how you fold your tortillas

8pm night ride to slot canyon have a drink or 3 in the canyon with a fire
Be back to camp about midnight

Sunday morning
Breakfast at Wayside and fuel up head back to Havasu

any comments on this
@Bpracing1127[/USER] , @DWC

DLC

Reaction score
We will need to plan to haul our food, drinks and cooking items, clothes and personal gear and fire wood.

Ill give Wayside a call tomorrow maybe we can purchase bulk ( non bundle) fire wood from them if we give notice, along with beer to replenish coolers.

DWC

Reaction score
I talked to BP race about dinners

Friday night arrive to Alamo
Dogs and burgers
Potato & Mac & pasta salad

sat morning
quick easy breakfast food is undecided
We want to leave camp about 10 am to go on a good ride and explore new areas

get back to camp about 3or 4 pm grill up carne and Pollo asada burritos or Tacos depends on how you fold your tortillas

8pm night ride to slot canyon have a drink or 3 in the canyon with a fire
Be back to camp about midnight

Sunday morning
Breakfast at Wayside and fuel up head back to Havasu

any comments on this
@Bpracing1127[/USER] , @DWC
Sounds like a solid plan. I’m in for all of it. Doesn’t sound like we’ll have a trailer heading up so we’ll have to travel light. Figuring all meals cooked in a crock pot or on a fire pit. We lost a kid so I’ll have room in a backseat and the roof rack to haul stuff.
(Gonna be a fun one. I get back from Atl at 9:30 on Thursday night. Pack up and head to Havasu).
I’ll need a place to drop and store the trailer til Sunday.

DLC

Reaction score
Oh man a crock pot is a great idea, what to dump in it is the question?

I have 3 small BBQ’s (Magna 12in) I was going to bring to grill the carne and pollo on but a crock pot would be easy!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Oh man a crock pot is a great idea, what to dump in it is the question?

I have 3 small BBQ’s (Magna 12in) I was going to bring to grill the carne and pollo on but a crock pot would be easy!
Problem with a crock pot is it takes all day to cook

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
We will need to plan to haul our food, drinks and cooking items, clothes and personal gear and fire wood.

Ill give Wayside a call tomorrow maybe we can purchase bulk ( non bundle) fire wood from them if we give notice, along with beer to replenish coolers.

There's hundreds of thousands of acres of free mesquite out there. Just drive the big sand washes. Bullard wash connects the Wayside to the campground, full or wood.

DWC

Reaction score
Problem with a crock pot is it takes all day to cook
Or night.. We do machaca breakfast burritos quite a bit. Throw them on before bedtime and ready in the morning. Could throw chicken in the morning for dinner. It’s easy, fool proof and no need to pack fuel. I’m good either way. Just trying to pack as little as possible. Hopefully the firewood deal works with wayside. @ArizonaKevin are you and the parents coming?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
With a griddle we could also get frozen pancakes and have a pancake breakfast if we wanted to go that route

green250

Reaction score
Any two wheelers doing this??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
With a griddle we could also get frozen pancakes and have a pancake breakfast if we wanted to go that route
Just picked up the 22” version. Looking forward to giving it a test run at home before the trip.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Or night.. We do machaca breakfast burritos quite a bit. Throw them on before bedtime and ready in the morning. Could throw chicken in the morning for dinner. It’s easy, fool proof and no need to pack fuel. I’m good either way. Just trying to pack as little as possible. Hopefully the firewood deal works with wayside. @ArizonaKevin are you and the parents coming?

At this point it's up in the air, my new job kind of threw a wrench in plans. We might just be doing Quartzsite. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

DWC

Reaction score
At this point it's up in the air, my new job kind of threw a wrench in plans. We might just be doing Quartzsite. I'll keep you guys in the loop.
Understood 100%. Hope we see you guys out there. Take care