WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Paid family leave is bullshit!

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
If my debt was paid why do I have to keep paying?

UD
Somebody paid taxes so that you could go to school- I’m assuming here that you’re not a drop out. Now it is your turn to pay so that another kid can go to school and become a productive part of society. Much like you spent a lifetime paying into social security and will be rightfully pissed if my kids decide to stop funding social security when you’re 65 and eligible to collect benefits.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
But if you want to stop giving people a tax credit for their kids I’m down with that.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Somebody paid taxes so that you could go to school- I’m assuming here that you’re not a drop out. Now it is your turn to pay so that another kid can go to school and become a productive part of society. Much like you spent a lifetime paying into social security and will be rightfully pissed if my kids decide to stop funding social security when you’re 65 and eligible to collect benefits.

PM the Oracle.
He don’t want his.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

My parents paid for me - (and a bunch of others no doubt)

I'm happy to pay for any offspring I create - but dont believe in subsidizing others choices.

This is an open-ended problem that rewards procreation - exactly what society DOESNT need. -

People that have 5 kids get more and more breaks when they should be charged exponentially more.

UD

Grandpa mac

Reaction score

I'm happy to pay for any offspring I create - but dont believe in subsidizing others choices.

This is an open-ended problem that rewards procreation - exactly what society DOESNT need. -

People that have 5 kids get more and more breaks when they should be charged exponentially more.

UD
We agree on limiting the number of children, but education isn’t for the sake of those irresponsible parents. It benefits the kids and society. Uneducated kids meth and steal and go to jail (which is far more expensive than school) where they learn to be murderers and better drug dealers when they get out. We’ve been paying to educate kids in this country since long before either of us were born, and a lot of those poor kids who wouldn’t have been able to afford school (myself included) have gone on to become doctors, engineers, chemists, police officers, teachers, scientists, soldiers and every other profession under the sun. You benefit every day from the education they received.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Did you go to school? Consider your debt paid.

So what did UD's parents pay for then? Were their taxes not enough? Why is he in debt for an education his parents already paid for?

You fucking libs are seriously lacking even the most basic math skills, not to mention your complete and utter failure to comprehend anything that looks like common sense.

Your attempts to continue to endlessly bring non-contributing people into our society is what is breaking the bank.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

UD

Did you just call out oldschoolboats? :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We agree on limiting the number of children, but education isn’t for the sake of those irresponsible parents. It benefits the kids and society. Uneducated kids meth and steal and go to jail (which is far more expensive than school) where they learn to be murderers and better drug dealers when they get out. We’ve been paying to educate kids in this country since long before either of us were born, and a lot of those poor kids who wouldn’t have been able to afford school (myself included) have gone on to become doctors, engineers, chemists, police officers, teachers, scientists, soldiers and every other profession under the sun. You benefit every day from the education they received.

And what about the half of them that now pay no taxes and never put anything back into the system?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Education has NOTHING to do with your success in life, you are molded as a child by the environment you are surrounded in, who teaches you a basic set of morals and shows you how to sustain and create relationships with other humans. They set your inner bar on how driven you are to follow you own interests and desires.

You really need to learn how humans work, no wonder you think guns kill people, you have a complete misunderstanding of how humans psyche works.

RCDave

Reaction score
The Libs want control over the tax money and government to control schools for one simple reason (it aint for the benefit of society). Its so they can control the curriculum. One that promotes their twisted ideas and revisionist false history

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

"Because we always have" isn't always a good reason to continue.

For many decades we got our moneys worth, our scholastic results were the envy of the world - now we pay the most for something like 50th place results,

No one is held accountable. Clearly price gives us no guarantee of performance or results.

With no skin in the game (literally) why should I fund a broken system?

I've never received no charge services from any of the professions you listed, but in fact, pay into them and continue to pay even more if and when I receive many of their services so really, I am forced to contribute, and have pay to receive - and as such get charged on both ends.

What's fair about that?

UD

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Education has NOTHING to do with your success in life, you are molded as a child by the environment you are surrounded in, who teaches you a basic set of morals and shows you how to sustain and create relationships with other humans. They set your inner bar on how driven you are to follow you own interests and desires.

You really need to learn how humans work, no wonder you think guns kill people, you have a complete misunderstanding of how humans psyche works.
So learning to read and write and do some basic math, that had nothing to do with your success in life? Where’d you learn those things, church?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
The country you all seem to want exists. It has no laws to keep you from doing as you please and no government to provide education or any other service. Every man sinks or swims based solely on how ruthless and clever he is. It’s Somalia.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
My wife and I have been married 40 years, 40 years of NO OFFSPRING and 40 years of paying for OTHER peoples offspring. We should have a HUGE refund coming!! We also have NEVER stepped foot in a library, why have I paid for this ALL my adult life. I NEVER used the rural fire department when we lived in Oregon but paid for that for 25 years. If we could have refunds back on EVERYTHING we didn't or don't use, we'd be VERY, VERY well off but alas, we have to do what some idiot tells us to do or get fined for more thievery from our fucked up government.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The country you all seem to want exists. It has no laws to keep you from doing as you please and no government to provide education or any other service. Every man sinks or swims based solely on how ruthless and clever he is. It’s Somalia.

How does not wanting to pay for everyone elses kids equate to not wanting "any" law or government services?

What's wrong with personal accountability and owning your own choices ?

UD

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
How does not wanting to pay for everyone elses kids equate to not wanting "any" law or government services?

What's wrong with personal accountability and owning your own choices ?

UD
Owning your own choices is fine but when you bring a child into society, a child who has no responsibility for their parent’s decisions, society still has a responsibility to ensure that his or her basic needs are met. Every child in America is OWED enough food, health care, and education up until the point that they become personally responsible for their own success. In our country we decided educating kids is better than putting them in sweatshops like the Chinese.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
My wife and I have been married 40 years, 40 years of NO OFFSPRING and 40 years of paying for OTHER peoples offspring. We should have a HUGE refund coming!! We also have NEVER stepped foot in a library, why have I paid for this ALL my adult life. I NEVER used the rural fire department when we lived in Oregon but paid for that for 25 years. If we could have refunds back on EVERYTHING we didn't or don't use, we'd be VERY, VERY well off but alas, we have to do what some idiot tells us to do or get fined for more thievery from our fucked up government.
Well, it’s obvious you never set foot in a library.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I’d also bet you never got to fly an F35 or play with nuclear missiles either did you. Bet you never got to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom, or had a White House cook prepare you a fine meal, or flew on Air Force 1 on vacation to Florida. You probably never took a cancer medicine which the government helped develop. Getting rid of every government service which didn’t directly benefit BoatDoc sounds real smart. Just the sort of thing you’d expect from a guy who boasts about never using a library.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Owning your own choices is fine but when you bring a child into society, a child who has no responsibility for their parent’s decisions, society still has a responsibility to ensure that his or her basic needs are met. Every child in America is OWED enough food, health care, and education up until the point that they become personally responsible for their own success. In our country we decided educating kids is better than putting them in sweatshops like the Chinese.

Ok let's conflate the issue - a line can still be ethically drawn and fair.

Taking care of orphans is separate topic, but one that can be reasonably accommodated.

A much smaller tax to take care of orphans would be vastly preferable for childless folk than the freight they pay today. Id find a reasonable amount acceptable as well.

Penalizing childless people by subsidizing those with children by giving them tax breaks is wrong - these people should pay more for kids, AND the orphan tax.

Many of those that could have children decide they shouldn't for many reasons - one of the biggest ones is that they make a responsible choice that they cannot afford them.

How is making them pay for society's problems they don't contribute to fair?

It's much fairer to make those that have kids pay the freight.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I’d also bet you never got to fly an F35 or play with nuclear missiles either did you. Bet you never got to sleep in the Lincoln bedroom, or had a White House cook prepare you a fine meal, or flew on Air Force 1 on vacation to Florida. You probably never took a cancer medicine which the government helped develop. Getting rid of every government service which didn’t directly benefit BoatDoc sounds real smart. Just the sort of thing you’d expect from a guy who boasts about never using a library.

Not to speak for him, but I can say with relative certainty few to no people get to do these things.

I can say with certainty that he paid good money for others to do so though.
Who paid for all these things?
The people that do them only pay a fraction of the price for such endeavors.
The taxpayers foot the bill for it.

Did the government develop that cancer medicine or did the US medical industry that paid millions to develop it and millions TO the FDA jump through the hurdles to bring it to market.
(notice the government gets paid - vs doing the paying and doing the work)

Lets not ascribe more credit to government that it deserves.

UD

saucedaddy

Reaction score
IMG_1375.GIF
Well, it’s obvious you never set foot in a library.
And thank god it could never spawn an "Offspring"!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm down for that as well.....But maybe the Trumpkins can tell us why The Game Show Host doubled the Child Tax Credit?

Maybe so all the hookers he’s banged can get credit for his 147 illegitimate children??
Note extreme sarcasm.

TripleB

Reaction score
Um no, it's paid with most companies.

Um no it’s not, FMLA only applies to people who employ 50 and over “ most” companies are under 50, please get your facts together before posting please

saucedaddy

Reaction score
IMG_1378.JPG
View attachment 818828
Maybe so all the hookers he’s banged can get credit for his 147 illegitimate children??
Note extreme sarcasm.
Great thought, see when you stick to reality your a Bad Mother.......! Btw.. you ready to bounce up to the #1 Fab 5 spot? The committee on common sense thinks it may be time?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I'm down for that as well.....But maybe the Trumpkins can tell us why The Game Show Host doubled the Child Tax Credit?

It is simple math! A woman in her child bearing years must produce a minimum of 2.1 children each for her society to maintain it's culture...when a society's fertility rate falls below 2.1, more "fruitful" society's will overcome the culture which currently domains, and over time will cease to exist. FWIW, our current fertility rate is only 1.8 per :( and Non-vetted immigration processes greatly enhances this culture downfall.(see Europe)
Children are our Nation's future in more ways than one....and President Trump recognizes this fact and tax credits help eliminate the personal financial burdens....In addition, like it or not....abortion is one of the extreme dangers to preserving our society and culture.

You can call me racist, I do not care...but Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 3.1 children per woman." This is above a replacement level of 2.1 which is "the minimum typically needed to maintain a stable population."

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Not to speak for him, but I can say with relative certainty few to no people get to do these things.

I can say with certainty that he paid good money for others to do so though.
Who paid for all these things?
The people that do them only pay a fraction of the price for such endeavors.
The taxpayers foot the bill for it.

Did the government develop that cancer medicine or did the US medical industry that paid millions to develop it and millions TO the FDA jump through the hurdles to bring it to market.
(notice the government gets paid - vs doing the paying and doing the work)

Lets not ascribe more credit to government that it deserves.

UD
Vis a vis cancer research, I’ve a couple friends who do cancer research at UC Davis. The research is grant driven and the grants come largely from the Federal government. Don’t underestimate what government does.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
It is simple math! A woman in her child bearing years must produce a minimum of 2.1 children each for her society to maintain it's culture...when a society's fertility rate falls below 2.1, more "fruitful" society's will overcome the culture which currently domains, and over time will cease to exist. FWIW, are current fertility rate is only 1.8 per :( and Non-vetted immigration processes greatly enhances this culture downfall.(see Europe)
Children are our Nation's future in more ways than one....and President Trump recognizes this fact and tax credits help eliminate the personal financial burdens....In addition, like it or not....abortion is one of the extreme dangers to preserving our society and culture.

You can call me racist, I do not care...but Muslims have the highest fertility rate, an average of 3.1 children per woman." This is above a replacement level of 2.1 which is "the minimum typically needed to maintain a stable population."
It is simple math! A woman in her child bearing years must produce a minimum of 2.1 children each for her society to maintain it's culture...when a society's fertility rate falls below 2.1, more "fruitful" society's will overcome the culture which currently domains, and over time will cease to exist. FWIW, are current fertility rate is only 1.8 per :( and Non-vetted immigration processes greatly enhances this culture downfall.(see Europe)

How about you Snickers? Honest question, after that child is born do you think society benefits from and has a moral obligation to ensure it is properly fed, clothed, educated, and provided healthcare? If families can do so, great but otherwise does society have that sacred duty? I say yes.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
How about you Snickers? Honest question, after that child is born do you think society benefits from and has a moral obligation to ensure it is properly fed, clothed, educated, and provided healthcare? If families can do so, great but otherwise does society have that sacred duty? I say yes.

Of course our Society benefits from our chidren, silly question....
Does society have a "moral obligation to ensure it is properly fed, clothed, educated, and provided healthcare?" Absolutely!!!! Ensuring these are provided for those in need is a "free society's" moral obligation...... but in no way should society take measures to provide for all...... that is where society as a whole will not benefit and is no longer a "free society".

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Um no, it's paid with most companies.
NOt mine. You are guaranteed the time, but you have to burn your own time whether it be vacation, sick, or saved up unpaid overtime.

saucedaddy

Reaction score
It is simple math! A woman in her child bearing years must produce a minimum of 2.1 children each for her society to maintain it's culture...when a society's fertility rate falls below 2.1, more "fruitful" society's will overcome the culture which currently domains, and over time will cease to exist. FWIW, our current fertility rate is only 1.8 per :( and Non-vetted immigration processes greatly enhances this culture downfall.(see Europe)

I’m gonna throw you a Supreme GPAU for the effort! So this was all The Game Show Hosts brilliance. Throwing an Extra $1000 is gonna solve the Countries populace problem. That is definitely Messiah worthy!
More GPAU!:D

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Does society have a "moral obligation to ensure it is properly fed, clothed, educated, and provided healthcare?" Absolutely!!!! Ensuring these are provided for those in need is a "free society's" moral obligation...... but in no way should society take measures to provide for all...... that is where society as a whole will not benefit and is no longer a "free society".
Your about to have your irrational Trumpkin card revoked! Better slow your roll, nobody thinks Scorned lil Reegie can handle a defection at this emotional time of his!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Your about to have your irrational Trumpkin card revoked! Better slow your roll, nobody thinks Scorned lil Reegie can handle a defection at this emotional time of his!
Liar

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Vis a vis cancer research, I’ve a couple friends who do cancer research at UC Davis. The research is grant driven and the grants come largely from the Federal government. Don’t underestimate what government does.

"Research" is not an approved drug.

Where does the government get its money from?

Dont forget where the money actually comes from.

UD

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Trump giveth tax credits to those bearing crotchfruit - while he taketh away their mortgage deduction above 10K.

So I guess he likes kids but wants their parents to be renters?

I can never tell with him....

UD

saucedaddy

Reaction score
BAAC008D-29E9-423B-9236-03A58C165E34.jpeg
Trump giveth tax credits to those bearing crotchfruit - while he taketh away their mortgage deduction above 10K.

UD
He was just doing Ivana, Marla and soon to be Melania a solid. Give his baby mamas a couple G’s to raise his kids! Then wipe out all “Unreimbursable Employee Expenses” to pay for his buddies trips on the Lolita express.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Good. I’m glad we agree on something.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
"Research" is not an approved drug.

Where does the government get its money from?

Dont forget where the money actually comes from.

UD
“Research” is how drugs are enveloped and much of that research is funded by government agencies like the a Department of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the $1.8 billion dollar cancer “moonshot” funding signed by Trump in 2017.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Trump giveth tax credits to those bearing crotchfruit - while he taketh away their mortgage deduction

UD
And giveth the 1% untold riches.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
“Research” is how drugs are enveloped and much of that research is funded by government agencies like the a Department of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the $1.8 billion dollar cancer “moonshot” funding signed by Trump in 2017.

..and the money comes from.....

YOU AND I !

We pay the gov - then industry reaps the profits.

UD

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Im in the 1% bracket and I didnt get squat.

Now the .01% - yeah probably.

UD
The 1% in California earn an average of $1.6 million a year. If you’re in that group you can probably afford to be a decent human being and help a few kids go to school.

DFF1A89E-D62E-4816-A4E0-27A1DFB22977.png