WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Gotta figure out a 10x10 booth for rdp - LA here we come!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Historically we have done Desert Storm, Billy B’s Havasu Boatshow, monster Storm, and the Sand and water expo for our little circuit of shows we attend. They all have one thing in common that they are outside and our booths are pretty large. We will run either one 10x20 ezup or both 10x20’s and bring some cool vehicle with us just for display.

We decided that we are going to do Los Angeles Boat show in Jan of 2020, but we the booth size is 10x10 & the kicker is there is no ezup or anything with a roof allowed in the Fairplex..

So I have about a month to figure out a 10x10 display that has rdp signage & figure out how to scale back our wall of drawers to fit into that area as well.. (no easy task).

I figure I’ll scale back on how many clothing designs we bring to limit the amount of drawers we will bring and stash extra supplies somewhere near by.

I can borrow / rent trussing from boom bandits and put lights on it etc which is one thought..

What day you guys? Any ideas on a 10x10 display that maybe I haven’t thought of?

RD

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
food vendors are usually outside in between the buildings, any chance they would let you bring a trailer to that area to keep inventory, and set up your ez ups?
10x10 is pretty small, are they so full that there are not two 10x10's available next to each other?

Singleton

Reaction score
Historically we have done Desert Storm, Billy B’s Havasu Boatshow, monster Storm, and the Sand and water expo for our little circuit of shows we attend. They all have one thing in common that they are outside and our booths are pretty large. We will run either one 10x20 ezup or both 10x20’s and bring some cool vehicle with us just for display.

We decided that we are going to do Los Angeles Boat show in Jan of 2020, but we the booth size is 10x10 & the kicker is there is no ezup or anything with a roof allowed in the Fairplex..

So I have about a month to figure out a 10x10 display that has rdp signage & figure out how to scale back our wall of drawers to fit into that area as well.. (no easy task).

I figure I’ll scale back on how many clothing designs we bring to limit the amount of drawers we will bring and stash extra supplies somewhere near by.

I can borrow / rent trussing from boom bandits and put lights on it etc which is one thought..

What day you guys? Any ideas on a 10x10 display that maybe I haven’t thought of?

RD

Call JW, he was a master at figuring out how to make everything fit.

Trussing and lighting is key. Plenty of small vendors in Havasu to help you with ideas

fmo24

Reaction score
How some sort of pegboard picture framed and a couple/three panels hinged together. You could hang banner and merchandise then have tables to work off of ?

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score

RD
You can build what ever you want out of PVC cheaply and quickly on site for a 3 wall display, 10 sticks of sch 40, big bag of elbows and “T”’s and tinker toy most anything.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
can you fold the ezup canopy up and hang it on the back of your space so the top and front edge show?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
food vendors are usually outside in between the buildings, any chance they would let you bring a trailer to that area to keep inventory, and set up your ez ups?
10x10 is pretty small, are they so full that there are not two 10x10's available next to each other?

Last year it was pouring rain. We will be inside for sure.

Yes that show is completely full.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Go with 2'x6' grid walls. Make a U shape with a couple of turn in's in the front so you can display in front . You will be surprised how much stuff you can display. We used to zip tie them together so there was no need for any bases. Keep the stock down low on the floor

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
can you fold the ezup canopy up and hang it on the back of your space so the top and front edge show?

I can’t imagine any good way to fold it that would look good. I’ll just run new materials or banners etc that fit what we come up with.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go with 2'x6' grid walls. Make a U shape with a couple of turn in's in the front so you can display in front . You will be surprised how much stuff you can display. We used to zip tie them together so there was no need for any bases. Keep the stock down low on the floor

That is more or less what I was originally thinking.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I’m gonna start looking into these tonight. I think I’m going to need some different sizes though as I’d like to use them in our traditional shows as well.

Check out store supply places. There was one in Ontario that I used to go to and they were much cheaper for the grids and pegs. Just cant remember the name

I think I may still have a shitload of the pegs too. I will check when I get home.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How about just taking the ez up but leaving the fabric off?
Gridwalls are what I see most though.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
will they hang a banner from ceiling for you near booth?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Hope this helps. I am gonna add this to your thoughts. Park a trailer in parking lot with inventory in it so you can restock booth as needed.
I think having a big tv with your articles and events playing would be a big draw too. Maybe some of your sponsors would even jump on board with some cool video footage. [emoji848]

IMG_5001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Use side walls to display your merchandise, this floor plan I think is good too, kinda keeps peeps from just walking in and may offer more items on front display table [emoji848]
Be sure to tell the Boat Show organizers that you are gonna need a lot space in front of booth. Cuz you gonna shut down any traffic flow.

IMG_5002.jpg

Sherpa

Reaction score
Having been involved with quite a few semiconductor equipment shows, which all use union trades,
expect to have trades management mandating you to use their labor for booth set up..

no matter no trival something needs to be done, they make you use them.......

that is unless: you get creative and bring in most of your stuff already bolted together and whatnot.,
for the shows we did, they even made you buy floral stuff from their designated vendor. we just drove to target and bought stuff and sneaked it in..... Our show guy was pretty sneaky and very
creative for buying-off people and skirting their rules. it was alot of fun........

I really want to make the show this year. Bring 3X shirts Dave!

--Sherpa

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Hope this helps. I am gonna add this to your thoughts. Park a trailer in parking lot with inventory in it so you can restock booth as needed.
I think having a big tv with your articles and events playing would be a big draw too. Maybe some of your sponsors would even jump on board with some cool video footage. [emoji848]

View attachment 818686

I'll check my calendar and such to see if I'm available for autographs. :D:D

Sherpa

Reaction score
If you're planning on bringing in a TV to hang, figure out how you're going to hang or mount it. now you'll be needing electrical power. they might make you use
floor-trades labor to hang the tv. lol...

commercial conventions are a union-trades free for all $$ grab...

if you bring a video player, I'll bring along my copy of "PEGGED" to show........... lol............ yeah, I'm old.

--Sherpa

wzuber

Reaction score
the "grid panels" are just welded wire panels cut to that size from larger sheets. Tractor supply has similar materials for animal pens etc. you might find more useful to you app. preferences. There's many different wire gages, grid sizes and colors/finishes and materials avail. such as stainless steel, fiberglass etc. You can be as creative as you like.
www.tractorsupply.com
This co.....
www.mcnichols.com
is the mfg., processor and distributor of many of the materials I mentioned. They can process to your dimensions and ship to you if you act quickly to meet your time frame. You could have a local powder coater finish your panels in the colors you like if necessary. I hope this helps.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If you're planning on bringing in a TV to hang, figure out how you're going to hang or mount it. now you'll be needing electrical power. they might make you use
floor-trades labor to hang the tv. lol...

commercial conventions are a union-trades free for all $$ grab...

if you bring a video player, I'll bring along my copy of "PEGGED" to show........... lol............ yeah, I'm old.

--Sherpa

I still have 30+ copies of pegged and pegged2. Lol

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I wanna say that I think a power source used to be included with the space. The organizers/unions were not building the displays or hanging TV's, we used to do that ourselves. times have changed, so I wouldn't be surprised if its different these days. At a minimum they prolly charge more for having a power source and wifi available to the vendor.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I wanna say that I think a power source used to be included with the space. The organizers/unions were not building the displays or hanging TV's, we used to do that ourselves. times have changed, so I wouldn't be surprised if its different these days. At a minimum they prolly charge more for having a power source and wifi available to the vendor.
They charge for everything. Normally get charged based on voltage and amps required. Then if you need an extension cord they charge for that. They say you cant use your own cord, but most of the time if you keep it behind stuff out of sight, your good.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I have a small 10' booth that is just a slight curve and hanging carpet? You could borrow it no problem... It has shelves and hooks and stuff that you could display pictures or shirts and cups and stuff... Sorry for the crappy pictures, 2012 PRI?
We always put it in the corner and it can hold a little bit of stuff then use tables?? We also used the space under the tables for storage, will some of your drawers fit under?

DSC_0021 (3).jpg
DSC_0024 (4).jpg

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Been doing 10 x 10 booths for 25 years. Buy the 120 volt outlet and carpet. bring in the rest of your stuff. Wait for no one. Tear down fast and beat the forklifts. I use three Rollups for the back drop. Takes 5 minutes and you can use your most recent images and Logos. Change them out from Time to Time. Draped Tables to store your inventory. Try to get corner booths for more space as your Visitors start to spread out around you. Make sure you have something free with your Website Address on it out front. For the driveby customer. Got to have some swag. Good Luck.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave -- do your homework on union policies for the L.A. Show so you don't get ambushed. I did 18 boat shows at the Fairplex (last in 2010) and the union issues in Pomona were minimal (not like the L.A. Convention Center) but things do change. Sign hanging, electrical and forklifts are the three big issues, sometimes carpet too. If you get caught violating one of the union rules you'll pay big time. Ask the McIntosh Company in advance about union policies and what to expect -- if you need electricity, use the order form in your vendor packet.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
How much cbd living and magic boxes will you have on hand?
Asking for a friend....

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
You should Talk to BlazenJ's (RDP Member) ... Rumor has it , They know a thing or 2 about these display booths..

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
How about a big ass led screen? i know a guy :)

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How much space will be available for the beer cooler

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Each 10x10 Booth Space Includes: - Standard electricity -- 5 amps - Pipe and drape for side and back walls. ***No canopies or covered structures of any kind are allowed inside the Expo Halls as per L.A. County Fire Department regulations.

CA State Seller’s Permit Exhibitors must provide show management with a California Seller’s Permit, if applicable. If you do not have a seller’s permit you can apply for a temporary permit online at https://efile.boe.ca.gov/ereg/index.boe If you setup without a valid permit or provide show management with an invalid number, all fees incurred will be passed onto you, the exhibitor. Insurance Certificate of Insurance and endorsement page is required for all exhibitors, naming as additional insureds: Duncan McIntosh Company, Inc., Los Angeles County Fair & Exposition Complex, Cornucopia Foods LLC, Ovations Fanfare, L.P. d/b/a Spectra food Services & Hospitality, City of Pomona, Los Angeles County Fair & Exposition Complex, Los Angeles County Fair Association (Fairplex), and County of Los Angeles. Exhibitors’ liability insurance shall have a minimum aggregate limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2 million aggregate limits. See exhibitor forms for more detailed insurance information. Cancellation You may cancel your space until 11:59pm on November 2, 2019 and receive a full refund of all monies paid toward the 2020 Los Angeles Boat Show, less a $250 administrative fee. Cancellations made after November 2, 2019 will result in the forfeiture of all monies paid toward the 2020 Los Angeles Boat Show. Placement The show is open to all companies that market and sell marine related products and services. The manufacturer, dealer or brand representative may purchase exhibit space with show management making all final space assignments. Placement of your booth and/or display is at the sole and absolute discretion of show management.

EXHIBITOR RULES 1. Conduct Between Exhibitors a. Exhibitors agree that they will not disrupt the show by harassing other exhibitors, or by disrupting other exhibitors' ability to conduct normal business activity at the show. In its sole discretion, McIntosh may physically remove from the exhibitor's booth space any person who is engaged in threatening, disruptive, or offensive behavior.

2. Non-Current Product/Boats a. New and unused previous model year boats may comprise up to 20% of boat exhibitors’ displays. A new boat is defined as a boat that has not been registered with the State.

3. Installation
a. Specific instructions regarding loading in/out (i.e., dates, times, and directions, etc.) will be sent to each exhibitor, and must be strictly observed. Exhibitors will be billed for extra rigging services required due to delays caused by unprepared exhibits, including: carpet installation; lack of appropriate cradling equipment, etc.; lateness; or any special/unusual handling of boats or equipment.
Exhibitors arriving late or after their scheduled installation time can be relocated to any location specified by McIntosh or, if no alternative is available, may forfeit their show participation rights.

b. No signs, walls, product, or any part of a display shall be set up so as to block or otherwise interfere with the view of any other display. Exhibits are limited to the space provided in the contract. Product, personnel and/or display materials may not extend into the aisles or adjoining space (including trailer tongues, wheels, stairs, stern drives, display/literature racks, etc.)

c. Products may be suspended from the ceiling, however, permission of the show facility and McIntosh must be received in writing prior to show move-in.

d. No signs may be placed on columns or walls except within exhibitor's space (building regulations permitting). No nails or screws may be driven into the floor. Exhibitors are responsible for filling holes from tent stakes or from other structures not provided by McIntosh, for removing tape from floors, and for removing carpet, including whatever is used to secure it.

e. No fuel may be stored in containers, boats, RV's, or authorized vehicles. All gas tanks must have locking gas caps or be taped closed. Batteries must be disconnected from ignition systems.

4. Standard Booth exhibits are one or more standard units (10' x 10') in a straight line.
a. No tents or tarps are allowed inside exhibit buildings (includes all EZ-UP type tents).
b. Exhibitors may not obstruct the visibility of neighboring booths.
c. Standard booths are equipped with an aluminum frame and curtain back and side panels. The back of the display is 8’ tall and two side panels measure 3’tall. Larger booths such as 10’x20', 10’x30', etc. have the same back; however the sides are only on the ends.
d. Height: Exhibit fixtures and components will be permitted to a maximum height of 8'0", plus 2'0" for back wall identification signs (a total of 10’ tall). Sidewalls may extend 4'0" or 1/3 the depth (whichever is greater) from the back line at the height of 8'0", but then must drop to a 4'0" height.

5. Hanging Signs
a. Hanging signs are defined as an exhibit component suspended above an exhibit (standard booths excepted) for the purpose of displaying graphics or identification.
b. Hanging signs, banners, and graphics are only allowed over bulk space exhibits. Hanging signs are prohibited in standard booth spaces. Signs in a manufacturer's display will not be permitted to refer to another manufacturer except for component identification purposes.
c. Inflatable signs, forced air, or helium balloons used for identification purposes must be approved in advance. Helium balloons are not to be handed out to show visitors.

MERCHANDISING POLICY: Only those items related to the marine industry, including financing and insurance companies, will be allowed as exhibitors. No items that are offensive or create a noise problem will be allowed. If you have any questions regarding the display of items not mentioned in your show contract, please contact us before the move-in date. Items not covered in your contract may not be displayed, including free marine publications. A broker or boat dealer must represent new & used vessels for sale that are displayed.

CA STATE SELLER’S PERMIT: Exhibitors must provide show management with a California Seller’s Permit, if applicable. If you do not have a seller’s permit you can apply for a temporary permit online at https://efile.boe.ca.gov/ereg/index.boe If you set up without a valid permit or provide show management with an invalid number, all fees incurred will be passed onto you, the exhibitor. ------------------------- Please contact our LA Boat Show Team below with questions or concerns. On behalf of the Duncan McIntosh Company, we thank you for your participation in the 64th Annual Los Angeles Boat Show. -The LA Boat Show Team Tim Baker [email protected] Cell 909 223-9631 Courtney Countryman [email protected] 949 660-6150 x214 Madeline Torre [email protected] 949 660-6150 x320 Duncan McIntosh [email protected] 949 660-6150 x211 SHOW OFFICE (949) 757-5959

Ricks raft

Reaction score
At some of our events that don't allow "roofs" we still use the "EZ up style Frame with the 3 side walls of advertising and leave the top canvas off.

Blazen Js

Reaction score

RD
If you want to show up with style and pump you RDP image at the show you need to go custom. We can build you anything you can imagine, fit in as much storage and display as possible and keep you barely legal within the show guidelines. Check out our website for more info at cdiexhibits.com or call @ 714-779-7800 if your interested in a Bitchin booth!

CP_priShow2_view.jpg
20150609_095243_resized.jpg
100_0771.JPG
100_3204.JPG
Booth 30 x 40 I.jpg
DE2A2820-1.jpg
DSC07751.JPG
DSCN0041.JPG
IMG_4580.JPG
KTM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
If you want to show up with style and pump you RDP image at the show you need to go custom. We can build you anything you can imagine, fit in as much storage and display as possible and keep you barely legal within the show guidelines. Check out our website for more info at cdiexhibits.com or call @ 714-779-7800 if your interested in a Bitchin booth!

nice work!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How much cbd living and magic boxes will you have on hand?
Asking for a friend....

They have asked me if I wanted to give away waters before... I suppose I could ask them for a few cases. Magic boxes aren't a bad idea! :D

I just talked to my buddy last night and he wants to do a black friday special on his latest deal for 250.00 (Things are getting pricey...)

I haven't tried the latest one yet. Current builds are running great for live TV, but "morpheus" which I was originally told was "their" own deal apparently was a kodi add on. I was pretty dissapointed to find that out later as that isn't what I was told to begin with.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 818801 View attachment 818805 View attachment 818807 View attachment 818808 View attachment 818809 View attachment 818810 View attachment 818811 View attachment 818812 View attachment 818813 View attachment 818814

Well that peaked my curiosity a little bit.. LOL I just don't know where I"d store all this stuff the rest of the year. :D

RD

sirbob

Reaction score
I don’t know I will find out

There will be union fees to hang it from ceiling - no way they would let you hang it.

If the fee I had to pay at the SFran convention center is anything to go by - it won’t be worth it. Figure out a way to put your banner on the back stop you assemble behind your booth.