WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Street Car Super Nationals.

parker ed

Reaction score
CDD94374-E0C0-4A9B-AB6A-12429FA5291A.png
84B25FD4-E8CE-4791-BC58-408A303AA30A.png
CFC8CBC2-5729-4D0B-B0FE-347449EFE240.png
Good luck D Bar D racing! Bring home the win again!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We are staying near the convention center and it is sprinkling here. News says rain will clear out tonight and be sunny tomorrow.

Guess they are still getting rain, The live feed keeps getting pushed back.

parker ed

Reaction score
We are staying near the convention center and it is sprinkling here. News says rain will clear out tonight and be sunny tomorrow.
Chad says they are drying the track and should be running cars this afternoon.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Some beautiful and fast cars out there today. Saw a 1/8 mile small tire run 3.81 @ 198

parker ed

Reaction score
Couldn’t make it down the track this afternoon so they will go into eliminations qualified #3.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One of my favorite pictures from yesterday. Whats better than a pro mod on the wheelie bars passing the 330' cone while still fully committed (WOT)? Pretty awesome pass by Mike Maggio

77215418_10220678819429369_4989039448462196736_o.jpg
That's a whole lot of perfect happening there. Driver knowing exactly how the car is setup and working, and trusting the car to maintain that. Nice:cool:

Travmon

Reaction score
Here is my street car supernationals whine like a bitch story. Worked our ass off for the last month to step up our program ( I sponsor a 68 camaro , Brad 8 billet hemi , davenport 14-71 with a Janis Carbon hat ) and go from a big block chev to a hemi so we could have some power in the bank for some of these events. So we worked until the last minute and got all the modifications done and hit the road from seattle. Got down here with plenty of time to test , BUT, apparently we brought the RAIN with us..No testing for us..Go into Q1 with no hits the car jumps up spins the tire and hits the limiter and bangs the blower belt, no big deal right, WRONG . Belt hit the bottom of the carbon hat and put a 5" x 5" hole in it all the while sucking carbon shards and fuel nozzles into a brand new hemi...GAME OVER. As I write this the car is already back in seattle with a speeding ticket and 6 new trailer tires...Bring on the holidaze !

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Here is my street car supernationals whine like a bitch story. Worked our ass off for the last month to step up our program ( I sponsor a 68 camaro , Brad 8 billet hemi , davenport 14-71 with a Janis Carbon hat ) and go from a big block chev to a hemi so we could have some power in the bank for some of these events. So we worked until the last minute and got all the modifications done and hit the road from seattle. Got down here with plenty of time to test , BUT, apparently we brought the RAIN with us..No testing for us..Go into Q1 with no hits the car jumps up spins the tire and hits the limiter and bangs the blower belt, no big deal right, WRONG . Belt hit the bottom of the carbon hat and put a 5" x 5" hole in it all the while sucking carbon shards and fuel nozzles into a brand new hemi...GAME OVER. As I write this the car is already back in seattle with a speeding ticket and 6 new trailer tires...Bring on the holidaze !
The joys of racing. Sorry to hear about your trip. The one time I went to Florida was just about that fun...dropped a valve on second pass off the trailer. Never even thought of the new style scoops running so far over the drive...let alone being carbon fiber and not aluminum.
On the bright side, you didn't kick a rod and oil down your own tires. You still have a chassis and a driver to work with...it can always be worse:)

parker ed

Reaction score
Some how they are going rounds, broke the trans in the final qualifying run " spare trans is geared different " so first round of elims they just ran it to about 400' and the car they were racing went around them in the lights but they didn't go over the scales so they were DQed, we're back in. First round today the other car red lit and Ed broke the second trans. Next round they get a bye. we'll see how this plays out.

4Waters

Reaction score
Remember watching him race in the PSCA races at Speedworld near Surprise, AZ. Used to go to that track quite often to hand with my buddy, Mike Stickman Pritchard
Stickman and the 57:D that car was a bad bitch in it's day.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
So true. Hated seeing him crash it in Vegas. He talks of getting back into cra racing again but enjoys the dunes with his family.

Stickman and the 57:D that car was a bad bitch in it's day.

4Waters

Reaction score
So true. Hated seeing him crash it in Vegas. He talks of getting back into cra racing again but enjoys the dunes with his family.
I don't know if you know Joel Orem but I was helping him his last time out at Street Car Super Nationals in 08, best 60ft that car ever saw and was heading for 7.90's:D when the motor ate itself up:( he never got the car running again, but that's a different 18 pack. LOL.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I know of Joel but never hung out with him.

I don't know if you know Joel Orem but I was helping him his last time out at Street Car Super Nationals in 08, best 60ft that car ever saw and was heading for 7.90's:D when the motor ate itself up:( he never got the car running again, but that's a different 18 pack. LOL.

grumpy88

Reaction score
We went to Friday night grudge at LACR every other week for a couple years, had a blast. Here is a pic of us and our girlfriends at the time (it's my car that we are standing next to), we have both moved on to better ladies since.

View attachment 819923
I have known Greg before we could drive . We were pretty good friends through high school . We had some fun times . I wish him the best

parker ed

Reaction score
The explanation of what went down yesterday from Shane T. Well the towel is officially in.

After a hurculean effort, we changed the Converter (to our non lockup) replaced the input shaft in the Quick Drive and went through the entire Lenco trans unit, only to find the starter gear had broken on the starter, we changed that, then went to let the car off the projack, and the front jack wouldn’t operate so we had to use a floor jack to get the car down to make the run.

We ran our best numbers of the weekend to the middle without the lockup, but it was not meant to be as we knocked the rear corner of the head out on the passenger bank of around 1000 ft and coasted to a 5.67 at just 250, finally a problem for which we have no solution.

Its time to say a big thanks for the help to a few people without which we would not have even made the call.

John Scialpi who went through the Lenco for us.

Joe Bettencourt who as soon as he could see the thrash offered his help.

Mike Maggio who immediately offered us his spare transmission.

Rod Tschiggfrie and Donny Speer, of Team Sorceress, who when they learned of our plight, unloaded their already loaded race car out of the trailer and started disassembling it to loan us parts.

Thanks to everyone for their support and praise. We have had a hell of an event and season. We thank you all!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The explanation of what went down yesterday from Shane T. Well the towel is officially in.

After a hurculean effort, we changed the Converter (to our non lockup) replaced the input shaft in the Quick Drive and went through the entire Lenco trans unit, only to find the starter gear had broken on the starter, we changed that, then went to let the car off the projack, and the front jack wouldn’t operate so we had to use a floor jack to get the car down to make the run.

We ran our best numbers of the weekend to the middle without the lockup, but it was not meant to be as we knocked the rear corner of the head out on the passenger bank of around 1000 ft and coasted to a 5.67 at just 250, finally a problem for which we have no solution.

Its time to say a big thanks for the help to a few people without which we would not have even made the call.

John Scialpi who went through the Lenco for us.

Joe Bettencourt who as soon as he could see the thrash offered his help.

Mike Maggio who immediately offered us his spare transmission.

Rod Tschiggfrie and Donny Speer, of Team Sorceress, who when they learned of our plight, unloaded their already loaded race car out of the trailer and started disassembling it to loan us parts.

Thanks to everyone for their support and praise. We have had a hell of an event and season. We thank you all!
Nice words. Sounds like he's one of the good racers, people offering parts and help. Bunch of good racers.

Coasted a 5.57 at just...just...250.

Badass.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Rod and family are great folks and always ready to assist.:)