WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's it worth?(Boat related...sorry)

playdeep

Reaction score
69 Hondo...396 less than 10 hours
Buddy of mine selling it...curious what it's worth...(ballpark).
received_465573070920343_1574365709266_1574365824712.jpeg
received_331356237536344_1574365986413.jpeg
received_817481568626475_1574365948681.jpeg
received_2297770953768674_1574365729069.jpeg

playdeep

Reaction score
depending on actual cond., motor specs. etc. I'd say $6-10k.
nice looking float btw.
The boat is in excellent condition.
Father/son bare hull restoration.
Motor is a lukewarm pump gas 396.
It never gets used.In New Mexico water is scarce...just seems like a fun little hot rod.
received_490110531727621_1574365845645.jpeg

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
What’s the purple hose coming off the driveshaft cover do?

brownsuger

Reaction score
That is bad ass.....

Keep us in the loop on this please, if it's reasonable I may do something stupid like drive from Illinois to NM to get it.... Although I've made that drive fairly often and it's not bad...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes, please keep us posted on this as well, I to have been known to do stupid things.

playdeep

Reaction score
That is bad ass.....

Keep us in the loop on this please, if it's reasonable I may do something stupid like drive from Illinois to NM to get it.... Although I've made that drive fairly often and it's not bad...

Definitely will do that.
I'm gonna try&go look at it&get better pictures .(It's stored150 miles away)
Guy's going to Mexico for a couple weeks hopefully he makes it back.
I'll get the #off the block&heads see what they are.
He did tell me...
The motor was built by a local high performance shop. I've used them.They do a lot of work for local racers...that's a plus.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
If he’s in Mexico for the 1000 maybe he’s a off road guy. I have a 1992 f150 mildly done pre runner I will trade him for it if he wants to partner in each of us continuing to make bad decisions.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Looks like a clean boat. Hondo's have great lines. The one thing I see that's a bit of a downer is the floor appears to have been coated with bed liner.

ridebig

Reaction score
Definitely will do that.
I'm gonna try&go look at it&get better pictures .(It's stored150 miles away)
Guy's going to Mexico for a couple weeks hopefully he makes it back.
I'll get the #off the block&heads see what they are.
He did tell me...
The motor was built by a local high performance shop. I've used them.They do a lot of work for local racers...that's a plus.
You need another boat for havasu buddy!!! But I’ll do some Parker runs with you in this thing!

playdeep

Reaction score
You need another boat for havasu buddy!!! But I’ll do some Parker runs with you in this thing!

I'm seriously thinking about it Tim...lol.
Now that I quit racing...it might just fill the void.
Joe threw some money at it with the right people.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Without the bed liner and assuming there’s no delamination or broken stringers I’d put it at close to 5 grand. If it had been a later runner bottom it might fetch another grand.

Good luck!

playdeep

Reaction score
Without the bed liner and assuming there’s no delamination or broken stringers I’d put it at close to 5 grand. If it had been a later runner bottom it might fetch another grand.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure that's not bed liner.
The owner told me he had the floor painted...he never mentioned bed coating.
Thanks for responding.
...I had no idea what the boat is worth.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's not bed liner.
The owner told me he had the floor painted...he never mentioned bed coating.
Thanks for responding.
...I had no idea what the boat is worth.

Ok, well either way someone who wants to see the condition of the hull may have an issue with that.

The Hondo hulls were some of the better looking flatty’s back in the day. They have really nice lines!

rrrr

Reaction score
Its in really great condition. Usually an older boat like that would be around $3500. Then you put $12,000 into it and the value goes up to $9000.

I netted 60% of what I spent, and was happy to get it. :D

wzuber

Reaction score
a thurough tap test on all areas
..complete floor area, stringers and transom will be very telling of the structural soundness of the hull. Even with great maintenance, care etc. through out their life many of these older boats, flat bottoms etc. have at least delamination if not rot in areas of the coring. During lamination the dry plywood floors and 2x stringer coring soaks up much of the resin and over time the bond fails from use, expansion and contraction from temp. changes etc. It's just the way it is with older hulls. With the stringers sitting on top of the plywood floor any repairs to the floor areas means complete recoring of the hull typically unless it's very localized and that gets exspensive fast. With all the thru- hull bolting of the hardware each bolt hole is an opportunity for water intrusion into the core wood and it acts as a sponge and has nowhere to evaporate/go once it's in there. Just some food for thought on these older beauties we all often admire and desire so much. I don't mean to imply anything about the seller, this boat etc. or disuade (sp?) you in your interest of this very nice looking Hondo, just wanted to mention a common concerne/issue with these older flats. Too often their like a hot chick who's wild, crazy n fun in the sack and your thinkin... this is great, what a score... only to find out later she's complete fukin psycho and ya can't get rid of her..hah
Good luck with your endevor here, i hope this one is an exception to the all too common scenario.

playdeep

Reaction score
a thurough tap test on all areas
..complete floor area, stringers and transom will be very telling of the structural soundness of the hull. Even with great maintenance, care etc. through out their life many of these older boats, flat bottoms etc. have at least delamination if not rot in areas of the coring. During lamination the dry plywood floors and 2x stringer coring soaks up much of the resin and over time the bond fails from use, expansion and contraction from temp. changes etc. It's just the way it is with older hulls. With the stringers sitting on top of the plywood floor any repairs to the floor areas means complete recoring of the hull typically unless it's very localized and that gets exspensive fast. With all the thru- hull bolting of the hardware each bolt hole is an opportunity for water intrusion into the core wood and it acts as a sponge and has nowhere to evaporate/go once it's in there. Just some food for thought on these older beauties we all often admire and desire so much. I don't mean to imply anything about the seller, this boat etc. or disuade (sp?) you in your interest of this very nice looking Hondo, just wanted to mention a common concerne/issue with these older flats. Too often their like a hot chick who's wild, crazy n fun in the sack and your thinkin... this is great, what a score... only to find out later she's complete fukin psycho and ya can't get rid of her..hah
Good luck with your endevor here, i hope this one is an exception to the all too common scenario.
Thank you.
Great info.

69hondo

Reaction score
Who cares what it needs if anything, someone buy it. Love the old Hondos.

Mike K

Reaction score
Dang ! Just seeing the #’s 396 is sooo cool ... I’d buy it just for that cool engine. Had a 67 Chevelle with one.