WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

This could be fun

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
When working in the scenic areas of LA...think Florence and Avalon areas...I found there were some pretty interesting nocturnal activities. Among them was a street racing scene that was thugs racing mini bikes. This was 10 or so years ago. Some of them were real impressive, but some of the riders were more so. To me, it looked like riding top fuel unicycles:eek:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
1BF311B4-60E8-48AF-BA25-5EBA5C852A12.jpeg
231CBA89-6439-4A2C-BF10-2C5D790093DA.jpeg
88D94D4F-4E65-4F69-8EB5-62BAEBDECEC3.jpeg
A091F2AB-A97E-4C2C-BE07-C0FEB877C28B.jpeg
Got 2 6.5 hp :) on 91 very scary to ride lol

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hot Rod mag did a small article about nitrous on a minibike with a honda 50cc motor about 25 years ago using a sneaky pete.
They reved that little thing up to about 10 or 12k. LOL

sirbob

Reaction score
Hot Rod mag did a small article about nitrous on a minibike with a honda 50cc motor about 25 years ago using a sneaky pete.

Did it stay together?

:eek:

4Waters

Reaction score
I remember that issue, my buddies and I had already been modifying the 3hp Briggs for years, port work, milled head, drilled jets..... we wanted to use a smog pump (3-5psi output) as a blow through supercharger, never got around to it.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I remember that issue, my buddies and I had already been modifying the 3hp Briggs for years, port work, milled head, drilled jets..... we wanted to use a smog pump (3-5psi output) as a blow through supercharger, never got around to it.
The smog pump blower assembly on a Briggs 5hp works good...and then you find out stock rods and oiling aren't too great...only time I ever kicked a rod with one. Now days they have aftermarket stuff. Hell, they may have then too. We were curious and somewhat capable...maybe a little bored too:rolleyes:

4Waters

Reaction score
The smog pump blower assembly on a Briggs 5hp works good...and then you find out stock rods and oiling aren't too great...only time I ever kicked a rod with one. Now days they have aftermarket stuff. Hell, they may have then too. We were curious and somewhat capable...maybe a little bored too:rolleyes:
Oh we kicked a couple rods, heas gaskets didn't like the increased compression either. We also made it dual exhaust and cut the 2 pipes at different lengths and that caused 2 different exhaust pulses so it sounded like a Harley idle.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
And I thought the tunnel ram Pops made out of a couple of washers and 3/4" tubing was high tech.
I preferred Tecumseh motors myself. They gave more options on the timing advance.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Oh we kicked a couple rods, heas gaskets didn't like the increased compression either. We also made it dual exhaust and cut the 2 pipes at different lengths and that caused 2 different exhaust pulses so it sounded like a Harley idle.
You had access to much nicer stuff...we had a Lincoln Tombstone, a grinder and a drill:) We made a copper head gasket...no fire ring, but figured we didn't have to worry about coolant either.
So what smog pump gives the best numbers?
Asking for a friend.
Whatever was free and coul change the pulley on...We didn't roll "Deep", we rolled "Cheap":p

4Waters

Reaction score
You had access to much nicer stuff...we had a Lincoln Tombstone, a grinder and a drill:) We made a copper head gasket...no fire ring, but figured we didn't have to worry about coolant either.

Whatever was free and coul change the pulley on...We didn't roll "Deep", we rolled "Cheap":p
Oh it was just galvanized water pipe. LOL

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Once those 5/16th's bolts strip out and new 3/8 were installed, Head gasket failures ceased to exist. Some of the tecumsehs actually have a camshaft driven oil pump as well. I only kicked one rod. That is where I get the "dirty oil is better than no oil" mantra from.

old rigger

Reaction score
When working in the scenic areas of LA...think Florence and Avalon areas...I found there were some pretty interesting nocturnal activities. Among them was a street racing scene that was thugs racing mini bikes. This was 10 or so years ago. Some of them were real impressive, but some of the riders were more so. To me, it looked like riding top fuel unicycles:eek:

I think about the same time there was a feature in I think Hot Rod Deluxe about mini bike races that were done in city streets. The start location was given at the last minute, early in the morning, then the riders would tear through the neighborhoods to the finish line. If I remember right they were 10 or 15 mile races. Looked like a kick in the ass and I think they held a handful of them.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Back in the 2000’s I raced pit bikes with a bunch of motocross buddies. They were flat out dangerous as we continued to build them as evidenced by my two broken legs.

This was one of my Honda CRF50 based bikes that had about $15-20k into it and put over 20HP to the wheel... good times.

IMG_6636.jpg

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Back in the 2000’s I raced pit bikes with a bunch of motocross buddies. They were flat out dangerous as we continued to build them as evidenced by my two broken legs.

This was one of my Honda CRF50 based bikes that had about $15-20k into it and put over 20HP to the wheel... good times.

View attachment 818879
That thing looks fun and I bet I could break an unsuspecting leg as well. LOL :p

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I raced the Tiny Pit Bikes for a bit. Look like a crotch rocket, but sized for a smurf.

After a metric crap load of porting, pipe building, clutch work etc... It would carry the front tire until you climbed on the brakes for the next corner. Absolutely wicked powerband, and way faster than anyone needs to go on those little ass wheels!

Las Vegas Sun did an article on our parking lot races... we went from 25-30 people, to well over 300 in a week, and were booted the week after.
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2004/jul/21/low-riders-pocket-bike-enthusiasts-find-home-in-a-/

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Smog pump blower, that's fucking Awesome!!!

You have any pics of your creations??

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Smog pump blower, that's fucking Awesome!!!

You have any pics of your creations??
I was 18 in '95...my ass had a pager so my parents could get a hold of me, an old tool box with a pullout tray, and a couple bucks for gas. We'd hang out at the guy's house who's Dad let us use the welder and mill. Funny as hell, but we never thought to take any pics. Probably a good thing. No actual evidence of the retarded stuff we did. It would be really weird if we had cell phones then that could film. Nitrous learning curves were steep too...Road testing on Arrow, Gladstone...Covina Hills Rd:rolleyes:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was 18 in '95...my ass had a pager so my parents could get a hold of me, an old tool box with a pullout tray, and a couple bucks for gas. We'd hang out at the guy's house who's Dad let us use the welder and mill. Funny as hell, but we never thought to take any pics. Probably a good thing. No actual evidence of the retarded stuff we did. It would be really weird if we had cell phones then that could film. Nitrous learning curves were steep too...Road testing on Arrow, Gladstone...Covina Hills Rd:rolleyes:

Awesome trick. I agree...

It's a good there wasn't digital film back in those days! :p

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Awesome trick. I agree...

It's a good there wasn't digital film back in those days! :p
For the most part, the statute of limitations has past on my youth's fucktardery;)
I feel that most of us here are of an era where our parents knew we were up to no good, but knew we really weren't doing any harm. Mostly, because our parents did the same stupid things. I won't admit to my kids what I did, until they are much older. I think, in general, our children will have all their stupidity recorded. Their kids will be able to see what stupid stuff they did. I take great comfort in my "plausible deniability":D

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
For the most part, the statute of limitations has past on my youth's fucktardery;)
I feel that most of us here are of an era where our parents knew we were up to no good, but knew we really weren't doing any harm. Mostly, because our parents did the same stupid things. I won't admit to my kids what I did, until they are much older. I think, in general, our children will have all their stupidity recorded. Their kids will be able to see what stupid stuff they did. I take great comfort in my "plausible deniability":D
:D