WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Paid family leave is bullshit!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The 1% in California earn an average of $1.6 million a year. If you’re in that group you can probably afford to be a decent human being and help a few kids go to school.

View attachment 818913

Im not california 1% then.

last I looked nationally it was about 400K- which nets me something starting with a 2.

Comfortably poor in California.

I do pay for others kids school, and would like to think Im a decent human being - still not fair.

UD

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Because you have a baby you get time off...men and women? Bullshit! They should offer equal vacation time to people that don't have kids! I need "bonding time" with my boat.
I know it's not paid, but enjoy the leave?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The 1% in California earn an average of $1.6 million a year. If you’re in that group you can probably afford to be a decent human being and help a few kids go to school.

It's worth going back to take a look at this statement as it says a lot how some people think.

Let's say I make 1.6 .....

Libs often believe they know how to best spend your money and that giving it to the government somehow means a better result than how its currently being spent.

There exists an assumption in that answer that I dont already send kids to school with it, or possibly support multiple families directly with it by investing in businesses that pay them a salary, perhaps at times to the detriment to my own income.
(every business owner that ever sweated a payroll knows what I mean)

Libs often believe they get to solely define what is good and bad

The reply attempts to insinuate that unless I spend it the way he would like me to spend it (with no regard to actual results) - that Im somehow not a decent human being.

UD

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's worth going back to take a look at this statement as it says a lot how some people think.

Libs often believe they know how to best spend your money and that giving it to the government somehow means a better result than how its currently being spent.

There exists an assumption in that answer that I dont already send kids to school with it, or possibly support multiple families directly with it by investing in businesses that pay them a salary, perhaps at times to the detriment to my own income at times.

The reply attempts to insinuate that unless I spend it the way he would like me to spend it (with no regard to actual results) - that Im somehow not a decent human being.

UD

Well, decent besides being a racist homophobic Trumpkin!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
We agree on limiting the number of children, but education isn’t for the sake of those irresponsible parents. It benefits the kids and society. Uneducated kids meth and steal and go to jail (which is far more expensive than school) where they learn to be murderers and better drug dealers when they get out. We’ve been paying to educate kids in this country since long before either of us were born, and a lot of those poor kids who wouldn’t have been able to afford school (myself included) have gone on to become doctors, engineers, chemists, police officers, teachers, scientists, soldiers and every other profession under the sun. You benefit every day from the education they received.
Since you're mentioning all these kids becoming something, when is it that you became? You've always kept it a mystery as far as specifics.....

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
Since you're mentioning all these kids becoming something, when is it that you became? You've always kept it a mystery as far as specifics.....
Are you asking about my opinions on fetal development? If so, fetuses are capable of some learning toward the end of gestation and capable of feeling pain in the third trimester. To me those are hallmarks of becoming human. So somewhere around 5-6 months I think we should start according a fetus some rights as a human.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Are you asking about my opinions on fetal development? If so, fetuses are capable of some learning toward the end of gestation and capable of feeling pain in the third trimester. To me those are hallmarks of becoming human. So somewhere around 5-6 months I think we should start according a fetus some rights as a human.
Made a typo, not when, but WHAT......

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

You aren’t capable of rational thought, please stop thinking, and turn in those guns.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

There exists an assumption in that answer that I dont already send kids to school with it, or possibly support multiple families directly with it by investing in businesses that pay them a salary, perhaps at times to the detriment to my own income.

UD

FWIW to break into the top 1% you need to make $515K in CA.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

upload_2019-11-24_9-24-36.png

nowski

Reaction score
Grads, what part of paid family leave don't you understand???

This family leave act goes beyond baby bonding.

California Paid Family Leave (PFL) provides partial pay to employees who need to take time off from work to care for a seriously ill family member (child, parent, parent-in-law, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or registered domestic partner) or to bond with a new child entering the family through birth, ...

Exceptions to PPL, Trophy husbands need not apply...