WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tesla Pick-up unveiling

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
This thing make the Pontiac Aztek look bad ass.
LOL. I was at Pontiac's 75th anniversary in Redwing when the new Lady GM announced the Aztec as what would save Pontiac with the newer generation, you could hear a pin drop... for a long time. :oops: We all knew it was the end of an era.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
88F0F91F-D273-4E22-9410-C6D13701E87F.png

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I guess Elon thinks he knows better than focus groups ehh? There is NO WAY that is the design any panel chose. Has to be the single ugliest vehicle developed. I'd drive a Pontiac Aztec over that ANY day!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Totally not what I thought it would look like. Bummer you have to spend 70k to get 500 miles of range.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
What a let down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Good Lord this has to be a joke? If not sell your Tesla stock stat!!! This company is going down like a bad transmission :eek:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Well, it certainly is polarizing.

These designs show a lack of understanding how many pickup tricks are used. I know the automotive press makes hay with the suburban truck owners, but many of us use them to work. Ford sells fleets of XL trim level F150s with rubber floor mats.

We need something more utilitarian please. The Rivan is closer, bit still misses.

I would love to replace every gas lightduty truck in my fleet with electric powered ones. I guess I'll just have to wait for the electric F150.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
The Ram, Silverado and F-150 represent decades of engineering experience gained from hundreds of thousands of vehicles.

Tesla apparently thinks they can pop out a working vehicle in six months. Completely ignoring the power train deal, buying one and expecting it to equal the Ram, Ford or Chevy would be plainly stupid IMHO.

"Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot apparently thinks he can pop out a working vehicle in six months. Completely ignoring the power train deal, buying one and expecting it to equal a horse and carriage would be plainly stupid IMHO."- regressive idiots from the 1700's probably

Im pretty sure the guy behind space-x has his R&D down to be able to compete with any of the big 3

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Just turned on the news to Elan Musk and his buddy throwing rocks at a copy of my kids soap box derby car.

wow he’s lost it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
"Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot apparently thinks he can pop out a working vehicle in six months. Completely ignoring the power train deal, buying one and expecting it to equal a horse and carriage would be plainly stupid IMHO."- regressive idiots from the 1700's probably

Im pretty sure the guy behind space-x has his R&D down to be able to compete with any of the big 3

Musk makes a lot of noise about the big 3, but I don't think he really wants that. It's better to play in the luxury market, more profit as well.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ugly as shit, but those features and specs are pretty bad ass! It’s priced right, surprisingly. Definitely shots fired at the big 3. It won’t win over grandpa, but I bet it gets a shitload of tech buyers, millennial truck buyers, newbs, and those looking for the next hot thing

It will get a bunch of yuppie buyers.

Just wait until the towing police on here sees one towing a toy hauler.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Any idea when we still start to see these shit boxes on the street?

I can’t help but think of the California Love rap video

HCP3

Reaction score
I am curious about the suspension and payload. It wasn't mentioned. They were too busy bashing Ford being "built tough".

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Musk makes a lot of noise about competing with the big 3, but I don't think he really wants that. It's better to play in the luxury market, more profit as well.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Musk makes a lot of noise about the big 3, but I don't think he really wants that. It's better to play in the luxury market, more profit as well.
Lets be realistic here, we all know he makes a lot of noise about the big 3 for obvious marketing purposes. We also all know hes not trying to take the market share of the Light/Medium truck class. (....or is he?!?). But to say that he isnt capable of competing with them because " he doesnt have decades of engineering experience gained from hundreds of thousands of vehicles" is utterly absurd and down right ignorant. Again, were talking about the same guy behind space x here........

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
LOL, it looks like LEGO kit. I had higher hopes.

Contractors and construction guys would love to have a cheap little truck. Like the old Toyota. Or the original Ranger. The new Tacoma is huge, tall and expensive. The new Ranger and Colorado are the same. So tall you can't reach into the bed.

Just an inexpensive tool hauler. Remember these?

9c2e4204-3511-4ae2-94c7-75030ed9a7a0.JPG

hallett21

Reaction score
Not sure what everyone expected? Why would Tesla want to get into a market that’s profit is made by volume.

This truck will sell to the same guy that buys a raptor and never leaves the pavement.

It’s completely out there design wise, but will sell. Tesla is not designing vehicles for old dudes yelling get off my lawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Lets be realistic here, we all know he makes a lot of noise about the big 3 for obvious marketing purposes. We also all know hes not trying to take the market share of the Light/Medium truck class. (....or is he?!?). But to say that he isnt capable of competing with them because " he doesnt have decades of engineering experience gained from hundreds of thousands of vehicles" is utterly absurd and down right ignorant. Again, were talking about the same guy behind space x here........

He just hired a bunch of people from the “big 3” at Tesla, and hired a bunch is NASA, JPL and aerospace people at Space X.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What a piece of shit, the design reminds me of another famous flop... next thing you know old Elon will be caught by the DEA for a cocaine trafficking scam to fund his company.

Lmao!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought this thing was supposed to tow 40,000 lbs?

By the way I read earlier somewhere that when he broke the window he actually said “oh my fucking god” live on stage.. lol.

That all said if it has a legit 500 mile range, toes the 40k, does zero to 60 in 2.9 has the autonomous driving, and is priced below 50k like they originally said.. and it looked like the renderings they put out awhile back, then maybe.

I don’t know wtf that thing is on stage but that is something from a sci-fi movie from the 80’s as others have said.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
WTF....For a car company that has designed some really nice looking cars (not the X) this seems like a big miss.