WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I-10 CHECKPOINT AT BLYTHE...FIREWOOD

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Going to be heading through the Blythe checkpoint on the 10 heading into California in a week or so. Years ago I was stopped and asked if I had firewood that I was bringing into California while camping. I did and they would not allow it due to bugs or some shit. Is this still a concern? Do they still check as I will have an entire bed loaded with firewood this trip? I'm sure many that come from Arizona to Glamis or Ocotillo have to know. Thanks.

Singleton

Reaction score
Going to be heading through the Blythe checkpoint on the 10 heading into California in a week or so. Years ago I was stopped and asked if I had firewood that I was bringing into California while camping. I did and they would not allow it due to bugs or some shit. Is this still a concern? Do they still check as I will have an entire bed loaded with firewood this trip? I'm sure many that come from Arizona to Glamis or Ocotillo have to know. Thanks.

Yes. Went through it Veterans Weekend and was asked.
I forgot I had it in my trailer and kept driving. Family behind us had it in truck bed, got stopped and had to dump it all.

Riley1

Reaction score
Probably looking for the Bark Beatle that has wreaked havoc in places like Bass Lake.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

From Havasu 95 cross at Agnes Wilson and jump on CA 95 south which becomes Intake Blvd in Blythe. You can avoid the checkpoint all together.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
From Havasu 95 cross at Agnes Wilson and jump on CA 95 south which becomes Intake Blvd in Blythe. You can avoid the checkpoint all together.
What he said if coming from Havasu or Parker.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
This is what we do if we don't want to go thru the check point for some reason or another.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
I forgot I had it in my trailer and kept driving. Family behind us had it in truck bed, got stopped and had to dump it all.
Well shit. Thank you.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
When they ask, look at them with a serious face and ask them, "are you prejudice?" When the tell you "no, why would you ask that?" Reply with "well you must be, you are assuming there gender and species! Those are cinder blocks! They identify as cinder blocks, not firewood, and honestly I'm offended you would even assume that and I am going to contact the media and let them know of this issue!" Dude will look at you with a strange face and be like "sorry, have a great day sir you're good to go.."

Problem solved

wallnutz

Reaction score
I just say no thanks when they ask me. Usually have some on the floor of the trailer.

cakemoto

Reaction score
That’s funny...I rode through there same time with the whole floor in my flatbed trailer with wood on it and they didn’t say a damn thing.One time I was going back home to Cal City to go riding and they got me for a pineapple

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My stupid sister in law was bringing a turtle (her words) from Phoenix to LA for my stupid brother in law.
She gets asked at the check if you have any fruits or vegetables.
She says no just a turtle!
Dumb b****.

endobear

Reaction score
Got hassled a couple years go heading to Glamis from Denver. Had about a half a beds worth. Rookie got his supervisor. Supervisor was cool and let me through with it and told me to "have fun in Glamis".

ClownRoyal

Reaction score
Came back from Cranbrook, BC this Summer in the RV and US border agent asked if I had any firewood. I said what (cause that really seemed odd when they usually ask about tobacco and booze and guns)? He says - you know the stuff you light up at night and keeps you warm and confy. Of course I did not have any. I really wanted to say - ya I got 3 chords in the back bedroom you f'ktard! Perhaps now I know why he asked.

2Driver

Reaction score
About as useful as the interrogation at Powell for mussels where they tag the boat and say don’t go anywhere for 7 days.... LOL then you leave Powell go to the same river in Parker and leave Parker without any rules and go pretty much anywhere.

Yeah but it makes for jobs and paperwork and more jobs and vendor contracts........

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
I wonder , how many Regs. are just a joke to any normal thinker.??