WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What kind of pizza do you like?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
My wife and I were watching a thing on TV about a New York style pizza place....fuck that plain ass pizza you have to fold in half. And screw deep dish Chicago style. I'll take me a combination from Round Table or occasionally a Pineapple and Canadian Bacon.

buck35

Reaction score
Mmm. Round table, Pepperoni and olive for me,or meat lovers.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Regular or thin crust.

Pepperoni, black olives, Itilian Sausage. I can live my whole life and only ever order that pizza.

Every couple years I’ll go crazy and get a Pineapple and Canadian bacon.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
My wife and I were watching a thing on TV about a New York style pizza place....fuck that plain ass pizza you have to fold in half. And screw deep dish Chicago style. I'll take me a combination from Round Table or occasionally a Pineapple and Canadian Bacon.

Pizza it to be taken at face value and treated for what it is, and more importantly where.

Everyplace has the preferred crust to the local taste.

Thin crust/NY style can be wonderful. It's all about the crust.

Sicilian can be great...can be a little too much bread.

Chicago deep dish is a nice change up from NY style or Sicilian. It's just different, not necessarily better or worse.

Everywhere I go it's different from what I normally see at home. Some are really good, others not so much.

I like a Hawaiian once in a while, I prefer it with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, sausage and pepperoni. But the wife and kids won't eat it that way so I rarely get what I want.

FishSniper

Reaction score
There used be a place in town that had green olives. I love green olives!:):)
There's a place near me that does green olives also it's excellent and the only place I know of that uses them.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score

A Roman Orgy Pizza from Sonny’s Pizza in San Clemente. Just picked one up. Delicious!

4Waters

Reaction score
There was a place in the Valley at Desoto and Vanowen called Uncle Mike's Pizza, pretty east coast traditional. Mike was born a raised in the Boston area and moved to California in the 50's if I remember correctly. He and my grandmother got to talking and drinking wine one night and it turns out they grew up together in the same neighborhood.

My uncle John never left Boston and his pizza was off the hook, he gave my mom the family recipe that came over with my great grandparents in the early 1900's from Sicily. Unfortunately it was lost in the 1994 Northridge earthquake:(.

My favorite is pepperoni.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Old Chicago features green olives on most of their house combos.

It’s a nice variation sometimes, but as much as I absolutely love all kinds of olives, cooked green olives tend to overtake the flavor with their exposed salt content when cooked.

Black olives do not do that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat a whole jar of green olives on a single salad, and I do like them on a pizza but with limitations.
If there is a single piece of green pepper on the pizza the entire pizza is ruined in my book. Mushrooms are ok if fresh and sliced. Canned mushrooms and the entire pizza is going in the garbage.

Onions are for onion rings, not for pizza!

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
IMG_1194.JPG
Pep sasusage mushroom and a blue cheese salad

Nordie

Reaction score
Thin crust, and I have to avoid places that use paste vs sauce, because that shit gives me the worst heartburn ever. Best pizza I've ever had was obviously in Chicago Giodarno's

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I have been getting Papa Murphy's lately. Fairly good and hot since cooked at home.

92 cole

Reaction score
The ones I make at home from tossed crust up to the cheese and topping. I make thin crust or thick. Depending on what pie I make.

Nordie

Reaction score
I have been getting Papa Murphy's lately. Fairly good and hot since cooked at home.

Actually I really like Papa Murphy's pizza, and their salads too

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Pepperoni and fresh tomato, from anywhere but Papa John's.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Which place in Chicago did you go to?

I like all good pizza FWIW.

Its much easier together NY style than authentic chicago style.

UD

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
In San Pedro, Domenick's or Serrentos, thin-crust Margarita with a sprinkle of sausage on top of my half, wife likes jalapenos on her half. There's also Big Nicks and Nikkos for Italian.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Palermo in Simi Valley.
Expensive but good.

Then the thin crust Little Caesars.

Kids like the WalMart pre-made bake at home.

shock22

Reaction score
In New York thin crust with roasted chipotle peppers goat and lemon

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I know it is blasphemy but I love a good bbq chicken pizza...thin crust.

EBT531

Reaction score
For a chain, Lou Malnatis, otherwise Vito and Nicks by Midway airport. True Chgo style bar where everyone still drink Old Style, they only accept cash and the pizza is a delicious thin crust. I haven't found anything decent in AZ.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We lived in Northern Italy for 4 years, Marina di Ravenna. The Adriatic coast, not far from Tuscany. We were told the quality of the crust was dependent on the quality of the local water. We told them about some of the weird people back in the US who put ham and pineapple on a pizza. They honestly thought we were kidding them. They felt that was NOT pizza. I have to agree. Licali’s in Carroll Gardens NYC area, is some of the best pizza I’ve had in the US. Small place, doesn’t take reservations, seats about 40-50 people. They line up out front and wait for an open table. No wine or beer sold. Seems the owner had some legal difficulties, like mafia stuff - stabbing, and will never be able to serve alcohol at his establishment. You bring your own and there is no corkage fee. Extremely friendly place. Tables will often pass bottles of wine back and forth. Even Jerry Seinfeld waits in line to get into that place.

Nordie

Reaction score
For a chain, Lou Malnatis, otherwise Vito and Nicks by Midway airport. True Chgo style bar where everyone still drink Old Style, they only accept cash and the pizza is a delicious thin crust. I haven't found anything decent in AZ.

I'll have to remember that next time we fly into Midway at least once a year.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
We lived in Northern Italy for 4 years, Marina di Ravenna. The Adriatic coast, not far from Tuscany. We were told the quality of the crust was dependent on the quality of the local water. We told them about some of the weird people back in the US who put ham and pineapple on a pizza. They honestly thought we were kidding them. They felt that was NOT pizza. I have to agree. Licali’s in Carroll Gardens NYC area, is some of the best pizza I’ve had in the US. Small place, doesn’t take reservations, seats about 40-50 people. They line up out front and wait for an open table. No wine or beer sold. Seems the owner had some legal difficulties, like mafia stuff - stabbing, and will never be able to serve alcohol at his establishment. You bring your own and there is no corkage fee. Extremely friendly place. Tables will often pass bottles of wine back and forth. Even Jerry Seinfeld waits in line to get into that place.

Water does have a lot to do with it. I know a couple of NY pizza joints in California. They have their water shipped in from New York.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Sonny’s is good. Tony’s Little Italy in Placentia is really good too. Ginas in Laguna or Irvine.
X2 on Tonys in Placentia. Every couple months our vendors brings us pizza for lunch. Usually about 10 pizzas will be gone at lunch for our company. A new vendor brought abought 6 Tonys pizzas. There was left overs since the Chicago type slices were so large and the best pizza. :) Placentia has the best Mexican food and pizza in So Cal. Lol :D

Universal Elements

Reaction score
X2 on Tonys in Placentia. Every couple months our vendors brings us pizza for lunch. Usually about 10 pizzas will be gone at lunch for our company. A new vendor brought abought 6 Tonys pizzas. There was left overs since the Chicago type slices were so large and the best pizza. :) Placentia has the best Mexican food and pizza in So Cal. Lol :D

Yeah your always so right!

I have an idea.... since you are so in love with Placentia (food and etc.), why don’t you sell your house in YL and move there. You’ll be right in the mix of things. I’ll even give you a Spanish copy of Rosetta Stone so you feel right at home. :D

You can volunteer here since all the homeless that use to hangout at the river by Angel Stadium will be your new neighbors in Placentia.

http://www.hishouseoc.org/1cms2/

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yeah your always so right!

I have an idea.... since you are so in love with Placentia (food and etc.), why don’t you sell your house in YL and move there. You’ll be right in the mix of things. I’ll even give you a Spanish copy of Rosetta Stone so you feel right at home. :D

You can volunteer here since all the homeless that use to hangout at the river by Angel Stadium will be your new neighbors in Placentia.

http://www.hishouseoc.org/1cms2/
Ha Ha..Figured I would get a rise out of you. Lol .. Do you have a Italian girlfriend also. :D:D:D No reason to move from YL. I have plenty of great restaurants in the area. ;)

BTW. I just bid on a new homeless shelter in P Town by the 57. ;):p

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Thin crust.
No olives.
No fishy shit.
I can handle most normal toppings
There are even some great cauliflower crust pizzas out there.
I've not had much bread dough crust pizza lately.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Ha Ha..Figured I would get a rise out of you. Lol .. Do you have a Italian girlfriend also. :D:D:D No reason to move from YL. I have plenty of great restaurants in the area. ;)

BTW. I just bid on a new homeless shelter in P Town by the 57. ;):p

believe it or not, homeless shelters are a big business and a great income generator in the state of California. You should buy one and it will diversify your retirement income from the union.

He’ll no, had a previous Italian Girlfriend. One thing about all these ethnic girls, they know how to cook. I don’t have a figure like GRADS. Gotta watch that shit.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
believe it or not, homeless shelters are a big business and a great income generator in the state of California. You should buy one and it will diversify your retirement income from the union.

He’ll no, had a previous Italian Girlfriend. One thing about all these ethnic girls, they know how to cook. I don’t have a figure like GRADS. Gotta watch that shit.

A combo shelter/ rehab center is a god damn gold mine.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

My union retirement income is fine. Sorry to get you "triggered" over Grads Pizza Thread. Lol :D:D:p:p:):).

Universal Elements

Reaction score
My union retirement income is fine. Sorry to get you "triggered" over Grads Pizza Thread. Lol :D:D:p:p:):).

no buddy, no triggering here. Just giving you free advice so you keep more of that retirement income. But hey, you’re the smart one.

Been retired since 43, will be 57 middle of December. Oh, that’s after paying my wonderful sea hag $6m to get rid of her and the paid off house in Irvine. But, life is good, can’t complain. I just don’t understand... if someone has a different opinion than liberal, They can’t express it. Considered triggered and need to be silenced at all costs. Oh wait, I got to put these chingaso’s:D:D:p:p:):)

Universal Elements

Reaction score
A combo shelter/ rehab center is a god damn gold mine.

You know what else makes huge money? Assisted living for challenged individuals. You’re able to collect $8000 per individual from the state. Depends how big the house is and how many personnel you have to monitor the. I invested heavy at many locations and it pays off great.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Thin crust, and I have to avoid places that use paste vs sauce, because that shit gives me the worst heartburn ever. Best pizza I've ever had was obviously in Chicago Giodarno's

A few years ago my Dad and I rode Scooters across the USA. NYC to SFO-LA. When we got to Chicago we had to go to Giodarno's for some Pizza (and a hundred beers), did not disappoint. I even took some to go and ate it across Iowa. Good times with my Pops.
IMG_8112.jpeg
IMG_8042.jpeg

IMG_8046.jpeg
IMG_8047.jpeg