WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The personal space bubble is non existent

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I swear every time I leave the house no matter where I am someone is breathing down my neck, reaching over my shoulders or whatever. What's my defense? I hold every fart in I can and just drop ass when needed if possible. Ohh and Merry Christmas to all

4Waters

Reaction score
I try to give space but when people are being idots I invade their space, for example at McDonalds if someone knows they used 10 creamers in their coffee but insist on standing in the way of the soda cup lids and do 1 at a time:mad: instead of grabbing 10 and moving to the side I will crowd them and reach over/across them. I love it when they are doing that and then answer their phone:mad::mad::mad:.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I try to give space but when people are being idots I invade their space, for example at McDonalds if someone knows they used 10 creamers in their coffee but insist on standing in the way of the soda cup lids and do 1 at a time:mad: instead of grabbing 10 and moving to the side I will crowd them and reach over/across them. I love it when they are doing that and then answer their phone:mad::mad::mad:.
Yeah F all that

SpeedyWho

Reaction score
If the same person bumps into me or nudges me more than once in a public setting it drives me crazy.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
The other day I had two incidents:

1) I'm getting breakfast at a hotel. They have the little round containers for silverware. I literally am grabbing a fork and some guy reaches past me to grab a fork at the same time.

2) I'm at my at my mailbox getting mail. The box was stuffed full because I hadn't been in a couple weeks. While I am pulling all the mail out this lady tries to get into her mailbox right below mine.

I don't know what the F is wrong with people. I said something to both of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BajaMike

Reaction score
An aerosol can of “canned ass” might help in some of these occasions.......

Your ad here

Reaction score
I call people out or shove my way in if they make a career out of whatever. Soda, coffee, salsa bar, ect. Lately at work I've been saying the name of who's too close and following up with "zip code".

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I was in China last month. They have zero respect for personal space. People there bump into you, even push you out of their way. It's pretty bad. They just say that it's their "Culture". It can be frustrating for sure.

4Waters

Reaction score
The other day I had two incidents:

1) I'm getting breakfast at a hotel. They have the little round containers for silverware. I literally am grabbing a fork and some guy reaches past me to grab a fork at the same time.

2) I'm at my at my mailbox getting mail. The box was stuffed full because I hadn't been in a couple weeks. While I am pulling all the mail out this lady tries to get into her mailbox right below mine.

I don't know what the F is wrong with people. I said something to both of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You could always get the pooter:D that would work real well when the lady goes for the mailbox below you;):p:D

https://www.amazon.com/The-Original...argid=aud-800640527683:pla-457974693328&psc=1

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
For the most part, I'm an anti-social prick. I try to avoid crowds and busy places. I think I would explode in China! I have no problem waiting until there is more free space. I think people are just always in a hurry. Only two things certain in life, and I'm in no rush for either.

buck35

Reaction score
IMG_20191201_112000.jpg
For the most part, I'm an anti-social prick. I try to avoid crowds and busy places. I think I would explode in China! I have no problem waiting until there is more free space. I think people are just always in a hurry. Only two things certain in life, and I'm in no rush for either.

I fit in the same category, got this for my birthday last year.lol

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I hate it when someone in the general public holds the door open for me and when I reply "Thank You" their reply is "No Problem". I feel telling them "It's Your Welcome, if it were a problem you wouldn't be holding the door for me".
Drives me phucking nuts. :mad:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I hate it when someone in the general public holds the door open for me and when I reply "Thank You" their reply is "No Problem". I feel telling them "It's Your Welcome, if it were a problem you wouldn't be holding the door for me".
Damn...what drove me crazy was holding the door at 0'dark-thirty at 7eleven. F'r's didn't even acknowledge you. No "Thank You", no "Gracias"...not a damn thing:mad:

Even the guys I had working were told to be polite and appreciative. It often caught homeowners and supers off guard. Being polite and well spoken opens doors, even if you're just a laborer.

checkrd past

Reaction score
The same is true at Korean supermarkets,them old ladies ram you with their carts like nothing. At first I'm like WTF but now it's ramming speed on them. My wife hates it but she notices they don't bat an eye to it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I was in China last month. They have zero respect for personal space. People there bump into you, even push you out of their way. It's pretty bad. They just say that it's their "Culture". It can be frustrating for sure.
This was going to be my post. You think you have no personal space here? Try China. The good thing is an average guy like me is on the larger side there so you just start pushing people away. Doesn’t start fights, they kind of just move along like nothing.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
How do you feel about “No worries?” Picked it up hanging around a South African 10-15 years ago and it never went away.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
This was going to be my post. You think you have no personal space here? Try China. The good thing is an average guy like me is on the larger side there so you just start pushing people away. Doesn’t start fights, they kind of just move along like nothing.

Yeah, totally. I can only take so much of people pushing me, after a few days I got in the game. lol And they have ZERO respect for pedestrians. I found out that the best strategy is to play a game of Chicken with cars and scooters.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Fuck Everybody by Steel Panther speaks to this thread. Listen to the song a few times to fully soak it in. It's truly great musicianship.

Taboma

Reaction score

Me too, haven't liked it since I first heard it, still irritates me, but now it seems to be the norm and has simply replaced "You're welcome". :(
As much as I hate to admit it, I caught myself using it recently. :eek: I immediately thought, OH no, not me too, FUCK !!! :mad:

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
This is exactly the reason I amazon damn near everything anymore. People are different, weird, gross, etc, that's fine. But give me my 3 feet of personal space.

When I get someone breathing down my neck and will turn 180 degrees and stare them in the eyes, nose to nose, untill they get it. I also rip a mean fart if possible, really effective tactic, sometimes more than others.

redone76

Reaction score
Me too, haven't liked it since I first heard it, still irritates me, but now it seems to be the norm and has simply replaced "You're welcome". :(
As much as I hate to admit it, I caught myself using it recently. :eek: I immediately thought, OH no, not me too, FUCK !!! :mad:
I usually defer to a thank you or Yes sir/ma’am. 90% of the time I’m the one holding the door though...

BajaMike

Reaction score

I go to the Philippines a couple times a year (for the last five years), and Manila is the most densely populated city in the world (see image below) and the people never crowd me or “invade my space”. They are super respectful to all, especially Americans, and they all speak English.

The traffic is horrible but the places of business are super secure, they have the biggest malls I have ever seen (I mean 10 times he size of South Coast Plaza) and they are busy but no one is pushy. And then you go to the little resort islands and its paradise, very sweet local village people.

30ECF10B-EB53-45BE-9F8C-317EA7B2D054.jpeg