WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mexico again

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Only problem I’ve ever had there was about 1981 a friend picked me up in his 51 Cadillac and we headed to Ensenada ...we had to park in the lot of Husongs Cantina in the back... so stupid me found a short cut to get into the bar...I dove in a back window that was open ...but unfortunately I landed on a someones table...Well there was a cop or maybe a security guy who saw me do this ....I went up to the bar while he tried to get me to go into a back room to pay a $60 fine ...I kept sitting at the bar and glad handing him...and patting him on the shoulder....saying let me buy you a drink..,let me buy you a drink... He finally got so exasperated he went in the back room took his uniform off and went home...

Reactions: TPC

beerrun

Reaction score
If anyone is keeping score the cartel went into a small town of about 3000 and shot the city hall up 21 dead

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
If anyone is keeping score the cartel went into a small town of about 3000 and shot the city hall up 21 dead
Article I read said it was the cartel were the ones who were shot along with a couple police who were going after them.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Gone are the days of bass fishing and dove hunting.....Had friends lose all their gear to bandits. Had another get shot in the crossfire coming back to Laredo after a dove hunt.

Only Mexico talks around these parts are stories from the past.

4Waters

Reaction score
Gone are the days of bass fishing and dove hunting.....Had friends lose all their gear to bandits. Had another get shot in the crossfire coming back to Laredo after a dove hunt.

Only Mexico talks around these parts are stories from the past.
My grandfather owned a snowbird trailer park in Zapata on Falcon lake, I spent a couple weeks there in 92, had a blast big fish in that lake but you wouldn't catch me anywhere near that place now.

Reactions: TPC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Wow guys... all great stories. My heart goes out to you Beerun.... not such a great story however thank goodness those guys decided not to kill your family. Most on this particular forum page understand that when we choose to go south of the US boarder we are risking everything. And in doing so certain behaviors need to take place.... we have to reduce the risk of having any interaction with the federales. I've been pulled over too many times to count over my 30 years in Baja and its always at night. I stopped driving after dark many years ago.... just figured it out. I never take an expensive car/ truck down either. There was a time around our last recession that I didn't go for many years as cartel activity heated up with beheadings. When I start seeing them with machine guns behind sand bags on toll road south I hang that Youie. Its always a risk... there are no laws and don't fool yourself that there are. They do what the fuck they want. I'll be at K59 staying at LaFonda 12/14 but you can bet your sweet asses I'm driving only during daylight and I keep my cash hidden but always have singles visual in wallet for when/ if they pull us over... its a 5 minute deal going like this, "Have you ever been pulled over by the Federales?" Answer, smiling broadly; "Yes, many times my friend.... let me help your family..." This is where I show him the singles neatly tucked in wallet. He takes them and goes on his way. The "Have you been pulled before" is a pre qualifier they've learned. It saves them the time with a pro Baja dude.... they know a pro never brings big cash down... I always tell em I spent cash at Puerto Nuevo so this is all I have and he's welcome to it. Hell, its a toll really.... and don't get me wrong , it'll terrify you the first few times it happens....Be safe guys!

boatpi

Reaction score
FYI ; Singapore airlines has a huge Black Friday sale on now! RT to Singapore $499, Tokyo $499, Price is good with a very few blackout dates through out 2020. Bali $549 basic economy , premium economy +999.

for these long-distance trips including BALI I would recommend getting a premium economy seat.

sale ends December 3.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow guys... all great stories. My heart goes out to you Beerun.... not such a great story however thank goodness those guys decided not to kill your family. Most on this particular forum page understand that when we choose to go south of the US boarder we are risking everything. And in doing so certain behaviors need to take place.... we have to reduce the risk of having any interaction with the federales. I've been pulled over too many times to count over my 30 years in Baja and its always at night. I stopped driving after dark many years ago.... just figured it out. I never take an expensive car/ truck down either. There was a time around our last recession that I didn't go for many years as cartel activity heated up with beheadings. When I start seeing them with machine guns behind sand bags on toll road south I hang that Youie. Its always a risk... there are no laws and don't fool yourself that there are. They do what the fuck they want. I'll be at K59 staying at LaFonda 12/14 but you can bet your sweet asses I'm driving only during daylight and I keep my cash hidden but always have singles visual in wallet for when/ if they pull us over... its a 5 minute deal going like this, "Have you ever been pulled over by the Federales?" Answer, smiling broadly; "Yes, many times my friend.... let me help your family..." This is where I show him the singles neatly tucked in wallet. He takes them and goes on his way. The "Have you been pulled before" is a pre qualifier they've learned. It saves them the time with a pro Baja dude.... they know a pro never brings big cash down... I always tell em I spent cash at Puerto Nuevo so this is all I have and he's welcome to it. Hell, its a toll really.... and don't get me wrong , it'll terrify you the first few times it happens....Be safe guys!
Nope...I will gladly save my singles, neatly folded or otherwise, for the single mom's scholarship at DejaVu...
I've tempted fate enough in my youth. As with every pastime, even "Pros" can get hurt.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Friends with a Jet Ranger got fucked outta 7 bbls of Jet fuel had to fly back on Pemix diesel.
They never went back.

4Waters

Reaction score
Looks like Beirut or maybe it should be the other way around.

mexicoshooting5-700x420.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
Golf course is going to be empty in Rocky Point
07E20FBA-9CCB-4605-98A3-922420ED99D4.jpeg

TCHB

Reaction score
We need a wall with the army manning it.

I bet if we stopped the flood of drugs and illegals coming from mexico we could drop our crime in half.
We have to stop the American consumption. It sure seems like we could solve this long time problem.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Friends with a Jet Ranger got fucked outta 7 bbls of Jet fuel had to fly back on Pemix diesel.
They never went back.
My business partner has a bad Avgas story from Mexico too. Plane in front of them crashed on takeoff from bad fuel.

Your friend is lucky that some turbine helicopters can use diesel and was in Mexico where it is not prone to gelling.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It’s really interesting what the administration is trying to do. They are trying to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations. If they are successful, the shit will hit the fan. Different rules would be applied to root them out.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
My business partner has a bad Avgas story from Mexico too. Plane in front of them crashed on takeoff from bad fuel.

This is why you take off and land on a designated tank with known fuel whenever possible. There have been times we have had to the need to use Pemex to supplement our fuel supply to get home.

Dalton

Reaction score
FYI ; Singapore airlines has a huge Black Friday sale on now! RT to Singapore $499, Tokyo $499, Price is good with a very few blackout dates through out 2020. Bali $549 basic economy , premium economy +999.

for these long-distance trips including BALI I would recommend getting a premium economy seat.

sale ends December 3.

I was just in Indo, Jakarta though, fun place

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Cut off the money to the cartels and the whole problem goes away. Fighting them on the street is old school. Build the wall and put the Army on it to stop the drugs and human trafficking. Then go after the banks and money laundering here in the U.S. Not one shot fired. I think this is what Trump will do.

RodnJen

Reaction score
It’s really interesting what the administration is trying to do. They are trying to classify the cartels as terrorist organizations. If they are successful, the shit will hit the fan. Different rules would be applied to root them out.

Why not, it is a religion of peace.

boatpi

Reaction score
They (Mexico government) just killed another 20 on Sunday at Villa Union City Hall,

sirbob

Reaction score
I read this morning that 7 armed gunmen went into hospital and kidnapped a guy n the gurney this weekend...

They found him shortly after that cut up in pieces and spread in a around about a few blocks away.

FCT

Reaction score
I sat next to a Lady on a flight from Brazil who was a crime scene investigator from Mexico City. The stories and the images she showed me on her computer were Seriously unreal. The most brutal and horrific murders you can imagine. After years of traveling to foreign countries I don’t care if I ever leave the US again. Way to many beautiful places here to vacation.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Our local HS Royal has continuing gang issues.
On campus and immediately surrounding the campus and local parks and business.

Most often it’s kids that moved up here from Mexico.
MAGA.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

We never read of San Felipe’ trips in the forums anymore.
We have a few friends that are citizens of Mexico that belong to Emerald Cove.
Awesome families. I should do a thread on them.

They warn us not to drive down there.
Even they get robbed and fucked with in route to and from.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They never went back.

I remember when that happened at the Baja 1000. Is that what you are referring too?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Some good friends of ours had an incident. The wife was an engineer and went with 4 others to a jobsite in I believe Columbia years ago. They had no issues until it came time to fly back to the states. Cops showed up and took their passports and asked them top stay in the hotel as they had to work something out. Very vague about what was going on, but it took the company getting with the US embassy and paying some large sum of money to get their passports back and on their way.

Happened back in the late '80's. Those SA and CA countries are lawless places with LE often on the take.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

That's one thing I regret never being able to do. My friends stories of San Felipe, buying shrimp off the boat by the kilo, the off-roading,t whole experience. West coast Baja, sky ranch, San Felipe, was a ride I always wanted to do. Could never make it happen, now, besides the old bones, no f****** way.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

we used to drive to San Felipe.. we also used to drive to Muleje.. load up big trailers full of offroad stuff and off we’d go.

I can’t say I know anyone that does that anymore.
At some point in the future I am going to go wkth @Bullhead bully and fly down to muleje for a bbq deal that has been going on since I was a kid.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's one thing I regret never being able to do. My friends stories of San Felipe, buying shrimp off the boat by the kilo, the off-roading,t whole experience. West coast Baja, sky ranch, San Felipe, was a ride I always wanted to do. Could never make it happen, now, besides the old bones, no f****** way.

It was awesome.. Riding on the beaches, the dunes.

I remember once we were riding on a beach and we saw some dolphins. We stopped and went in the water and they were swimming around us in waste deep water. Kind of stuff you’d see in movies, and it was just normal vacation experiences.

I also remember off-roading and running up on a complex that had mounted machine guns all along the top of it. I don’t know if it was government or not but the people didn’t look to friendly so needless to say we left.

beerrun

Reaction score
Last night 5 police officers stopped at a hotdog stand in TJ and were gunned down. One officer dead and the hotdog vender dead

Tank

Reaction score
Last night 5 police officers stopped at a hotdog stand in TJ and were gunned down. One officer dead and the hotdog vender dead
Don't worry, the resorts are super safe.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Stop being so RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Report report report

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
We just got back from 5 days in San Quintin. About 25 people in total. We all had a blast and felt completely safe the entire time. Will be going again soon.