WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I love California!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Nice weather you got there
Screenshot_20191201-222213.png

TCHB

Reaction score
I love all the California people who come in on the weekends. They have the nicest boats and trucks on the ramp. I also get many smiles and thanks for helping out at Windsor in the hot afternoons.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I love all the California people who come in on the weekends. They have the nicest boats and trucks on the ramp. I also get many smiles and thanks for helping out at Windsor in the hot afternoons.

I got screamed at by a Havasu resident on the road in town last week. He called me a “California Fucking Asshole.” He about lost his mind when I pulled up next to him, rolled down my window and just smiled, laughed, and drove away.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I love California too. I am not leaving.

I will continue to work on getting rid or changing the cocksuckers that run it now :p

I applaud your commitment as a Californian.
I am not a Californian. I’m an Alaskan vagabond. I enjoyed my stay in CA.
It was a fantastic change from the frozen North, and a monumental chapter in my life.
I hope you and others can get your Sate straightened out and remove it from the clutches of insanity before natural progression straightens it out eventually. For now, I’m gonna squat in AZ and see how this works out.

jet496

Reaction score
I love California too. I am not leaving.

I will continue to work on getting rid or changing the cocksuckers that run it now :p
Agreed, I'm not going to let a bunch of pansy-ass liberals drive me out of a state with the best weather in the country. Some one needs to stay & fight for it instead of letting it be taken over.

Besides, I've lived elsewhere and just can't handle the cold, rain, snow or hot, humid conditions anymore. I've been Californieized.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I was born and raised here. I won’t stop fighting for our way of life. If nothing else just to be a thorn in the sides of the tards. :p:D

If you quit then Grads wins

I applaud your commitment as a Californian.
I am not a Californian. I’m an Alaskan vagabond. I enjoyed my stay in CA.
It was a fantastic change from the frozen North, and a monumental chapter in my life.
I hope you and others can get your Sate straightened out and remove it from the clutches of insanity before natural progression straightens it out eventually. For now, I’m gonna squat in AZ and see how this works out.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
You know what Grad's you and your fellow liberals actions/agenda are getting just that. Except it is not working too good for you and I can tell you that the shrinking tax base of the upper income and business owners is creating a scenario that has already put Calif in a compromised position and the future tax codes/laws that they are attempting to put into place to mitigate that shrinking tax base will only accelerate the mass exodus of wealth out of Calif. There has been a great loss in tax revenue on the high earners but that has been offset by a strong economy. Much of Calif's current tax windfall is projected to invert in the not to distant future. Currently most of Calif's tax windfall has been fueled by increased payroll taxes on income, incomes have been steadily growing, and on capitol gains taxes based on investment growth. So, the wealthy are making moves to save future taxes so that means future tax income on investments is shrinking and should there be a hickup in the stock market and/or the job market and thus payroll taxes that could really effect Calif's tax revenue and before they can adjust there is a tax revenue deficit. i personally think that is exactly where Calif is headed and Sacramento knows it which is why there is a lot of new tax codes on the table.

So, how is it not working too good for the liberals in Sacramento..... The upper income and business owners are smart people. For example I maintain my Calif residence and business but have effectively shifted much of my, and my businesses, revenue/ tax base to AZ and NV, which a lot of upper income and business owners are doing. Its not easy but its worth it. The game is over for Calif relative to taxing the shit out of the upper income and business owners and we are responding accordingly. Lets check back in on this thread in say 5-7 years, should be interesting.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I love California! Don't agree with all the BS but do support some of it. Its just like everything else. It is what you make it. Good or bad. Hopefully by the time I get to retirement age I will have most of my overpriced $600k house paid off and hopefully a few more, then cash out and move out.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I love California! Don't agree with all the BS but do support some of it. Its just like everything else. It is what you make it. Good or bad. Hopefully by the time I get to retirement age I will have most of my overpriced $600k house paid off and hopefully a few more, then cash out and move out.

Dont worry, they will be taxing you on your "cash out and move" strategy out by then. Just keep supporting "some of it" by voting in those who want "all of it". Seems to have worked well up to this point!

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I really believe if they divided california in half...north and south...it would be such a better place....we are forever doomed with the dotcommers taking over. High paying jobs for liberal ass hats that dont know shit about the way the world works. I think Mark Zuckerberg is starting to finally figure that out. Hes getting smoked by the congressional liberals and I think hes getting tired of it. Us conservative libertarian types see what he has done and applaud him for it. Now all the liberal ass bags are trying to ruin his little baby...Mark will be a diehard republican soon and hopefully that permeates through his company

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I got screamed at by a Havasu resident on the road in town last week. He called me a “California Fucking Asshole.” He about lost his mind when I pulled up next to him, rolled down my window and just smiled, laughed, and drove away.
To be polite, we call most, not all, CFer's!!

hawgty55

Reaction score
Just another increase headed that way.
Resized_Screenshot_20191201-134028_Facebook.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really believe if they divided california in half...north and south...it would be such a better place....we are forever doomed with the dotcommers taking over. High paying jobs for liberal ass hats that dont know shit about the way the world works. I think Mark Zuckerberg is starting to finally figure that out. Hes getting smoked by the congressional liberals and I think hes getting tired of it. Us conservative libertarian types see what he has done and applaud him for it. Now all the liberal ass bags are trying to ruin his little baby...Mark will be a diehard republican soon and hopefully that permeates through his company

That is some serious wishful thinking. I hope you are right. I think both and he google are the biggest threats to our elections right now. They control the majority of the information.

Singleton

Reaction score
Just another increase headed that way. View attachment 821869

Thought that gas tax would fix the roads. This is just another way to off-set the tax revenue CA is losing on a daily basis.

Love living 1 mile from the beach and spending time weekly at the beach. However, Ca is not what it used to be, and our tax dollars will be relocation soon

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
KTLA reported this morning that CA is considering installing toll lanes on the 405 over Sepulveda pass, from the I-10 to the 101 in the valley. They wouldn’t add any additional lanes. Just charge a toll to drive in some lanes which are already there.

Taboma

Reaction score
KTLA reported this morning that CA is considering installing toll lanes on the 405 over Sepulveda pass, from the I-10 to the 101 in the valley. They wouldn’t add any additional lanes. Just charge a toll to drive in some lanes which are already there.

Yes as I read it, they'll add toll to the existing HOV lanes so single occupant vehicles can pay to use it.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yep. The other plan for transit is going cost big $$$.

https://ktla.com/2019/12/02/metro-planning-to-allow-solo-drivers-in-405s-carpool-lanes-for-toll-fee/

https://ktla.com/2019/07/23/transit-line-through-sepulveda-pass-could-cost-13-billion-officials-say/

Dirtbag

Reaction score
That is some serious wishful thinking. I hope you are right. I think both and he google are the biggest threats to our elections right now. They control the majority of the information.
agreed. I think zuckerberg has a bigger responsibility than he can possibly fathom. I dont know how its remotely possible to control the fake news without hampering our first ammendment rights which i know he believes in.

Tank

Reaction score
I have a way better idea. I love Ca. too. But if you don’t see the real problems of high crime, lack of accountability, high taxes and mismanaged finances this state is notoriously known for (to just name a few), then you’re apart of the problem and you should get the fuck out so the problems can be corrected by people of sane mind.

Thanks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
agreed. I think zuckerberg has a bigger responsibility than he can possibly fathom. I dont know how its remotely possible to control the fake news without hampering our first ammendment rights which i know he believes in.

If he truly believed in it, than FB wouldn't have been diverting traffic from conservative sites.. Or banning people like Candace Owens and others on there. Make no mistake they are ultra left.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

This entirely depends on if Facebook is a platform or a publisher. They have claimed to be both.

As a publisher they than “curate” content however they want but there are consequences and responsibilities associated with that. They do that now but obfuscate how it is done, and just claim to be a equal “platform” for all.

Zuckerberg will never swing to the right.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
oh
If he truly believed in it, than FB wouldn't have been diverting traffic from conservative sites.. Or banning people like Candace Owens and others on there. Make no mistake they are ultra left.

RD
i know they are...all the dotcommers are but if you have watched the congressional hearings with zuckerberg you can see hes getting fed up. And he is a rebel...im saying down the road he flips to being a republican

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Everyone is a Democrat when they are on the receiving end, once you hit the point that the receiving stops and everyone is taking from you, you become a Republican.