WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Question for you cat owners

NicPaus

Reaction score
First of all I was a little disappointed when I opened this thread and it wasn't a catamaran thread.:( Second, I'm a dog person not a cat person but it's someone's pet regardless. I would have tried to find the owner and told them what happened.:(:(
What happens when crazy cat lady poisons your dog for killing her cat that went into your fenced yard? It's a slippery slope.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
What happens when crazy cat lady poisons your dog for killing her cat that went into your fenced yard? It's a slippery slope.
Yeah I agree but I'd like to believe honesty is the best policy in life.

KevinR

Reaction score
Not to impune Rocky's rep. as a cat killer but not all cats so easily taken down.
Years ago I had a 26# Persian that terrorized all the dogs in the neighborhood.
On day I was sitting on the front porch with the cat (his name was River Rat) and one of the neighbors pulled up to the stop sign with his dog in the back of the truck. The dog was a 140# Shepard. The dog saw my cat and jump out of the truck and came bounding across my front lawn. About half way he started putting on the brakes because the cat was coming out to meet him and he wasn't quite sure what to make of that. The cat took one big leap and hooked the dog in the throat while swinging around and landed on the dogs back. From that point on it looked like something out of a cartoon where all you could see was a cloud of dust with spinning claws protruding from it. When the dog had rolled around enough to finally get free of the buzz saw that was on it's back he took off down the street yelping with the cat in hot pursuit swatting at his hind quarters.

This reminds me of a similar situation we had in the late 1980s.

In laws had a German Shepard named Rocky. Pretty much a full time outdoor dog. We had a Siamese male at the time and they said, sure, bring the cat over here while you are on vacation. We will keep him inside and all will be OK.

The day we take Jack over there we are in the house and all the sudden we hear these growls then yelps of pain. Jack had found an open window and stepped outside to check things out. By the time we got on the scene, Jack was on Rocky’s head looking like a coonskin cap. Rocky was trying like the dickens to throw off the cat but Jack had dug in with claws clamped on the head and jaws on Rocky’s snout.

Needless to say by the time I get Jack dislodged, Rocky’s head and my arms were full of blood. Sure wish we had iPhones back then!

JD D05

Reaction score
F*#! That! What was it looking at in the window your friend or a snack?
I wouldn’t leave my house if that was in my yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're friendly if they dont sense fear.

Screenshot_20191202-205049_Gallery.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
That things stuffed right?
Or maybe it’s the skis doesn’t feel threaten by anyone who’s skis.. haha

Hahaha stuffed. The Romney family puts it out and watches people freak out on the slopes. That's my dad.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hahaha stuffed. The Romney family puts it out and watches people freak out on the slopes. That's my dad.

Haha figures I was like hell no!
Go dad then! Ha it was harmless board vs ski banter!
Lucky you I can’t get my dad off the couch to just get in my boat let alone in the cold for fun!

JD D05

Reaction score
Haha figures I was like hell no!
Go dad then! Ha it was harmless board vs ski banter!
Lucky you I can’t get my dad off the couch to just get in my boat let alone in the cold for fun!

I guess it is pretty hilarious to watch people's reactions. Ya my Dad grew up in the cold he was a ski instructor for 20 years.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
If the dog killed the cat, throw the carcass in the middle of the street and let them think a car hit it. They'll be sad but know it's dead and realize the next cat should no be let out.

We have cats roaming the neighborhood. Yet everyone bitches if a dog is seen off the leash. I like cats but not on my car, in my flower beds, and climbing on my roof.

We have this black and white cat that jumps up on a brick entry way wall and onto the roof. I guess I'm getting soft, as it's still alive.:eek:

JD D05

Reaction score
That first picture is pretty terrifying.. Pretty sure that thing would be a rug if it was looking at me like that through a window.

I had one stalk me Elk hunting in Montana...I was alone walking through well spaced timber with a low fog, light snow, sort of a calm eerie morning. I doubled back and saw it's tracks following mine.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
We presently have a rodent problem in our neighborhood because no one around here owns a cat. Someone recently got a cat and I have tried several times to hire him to take care of the rodents.

He just looked at me with that ambivalent look. I hate cats. ;):p

Gelcoater

Reaction score
We presently have a rodent problem in our neighborhood because no one around here owns a cat. Someone recently got a cat and I have tried several times to hire him to take care of the rodents.

He just looked at me with that ambivalent look. I hate cats. ;):p
We have owls.
Big fuggin owls.
And cats.
Bobcats.
Coyotes.
Coons.
The owls are insane.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We have owls.
Big fuggin owls.
And cats.
Bobcats.
Coyotes.
Coons.
The owls are insane.

Owls are badass...they even chase eagles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro