WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Triple axle trailer

guest hs

Reaction score
I want to join the Schiada club and add a third axle to my Cole trailer. Any recommendations? I have some preliminary numbers from Adrenaline but seems real high to me.

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Did that Hampton triple axle at maxed out marine ever sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
You actually want to make your trailer harder to maneuver? I would too the Cole deserves it

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I want to join the Schiada club and add a third axle to my Cole trailer. Any recommendations? I have some preliminary numbers from Adrenaline but seems real high to me.

as someone that converted their trailer to a triple, its a lot of work. doesnt surprise me the number is high. were you staying leafs or switching to torsions?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I paid $8500 to have my done at Extreme..............

- Added third axle
- New 18 inch wheels and tires
- Added a front ladder
- Added the new style flushed in LEDs in the back and down the sides
- complete new paint and rewire

guest hs

Reaction score
Im going to stay with leaf springs and just idler hubs on that axle. Parts list is an axle with springs, ubolts and idler hubs equalizer and spring perch chrome triple axle fenders. Im supplying the wheels and tires. labor, remove front step and move forward weld on 2nd equalizer and spring perch install axle and bolt fenders on. In my mind Im thinking $1500 to do the job????

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Im going to stay with leaf springs and just idler hubs on that axle. Parts list is an axle with springs, ubolts and idler hubs equalizer and spring perch chrome triple axle fenders. Im supplying the wheels and tires. labor, remove front step and move forward weld on 2nd equalizer and spring perch install axle and bolt fenders on. In my mind Im thinking $1500 to do the job????

Surprised they're leaving the 2 axles in place. I moved my whole assembly back about a foot.

28Eliminator

Reaction score

- Added third axle
- Added a front ladder

Damn... that’s what I paid for my whole, brand new triple axle extreme for my boat in 06 [emoji15].

guest hs

Reaction score
I cant move my rear axle back anymore than it is.

guest hs

Reaction score
Looks like fenders alone are a grand for stainless. May have to go with painted fenders for now.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Damn... that’s what I paid for my whole, brand new triple axle extreme for my boat in 06 [emoji15].

Wow, my new custom 34 foot galvanized triple axle with dexter elec/hyd brakes, led’s with two spares cost $7k otd in March 2018.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Stainless fenders as well, forgot about that, for a 26 Daytona, new at Adrenaline for same set up was around $16,000.

bagged97taco

Reaction score

- Added third axle
- Added a front ladder
Damn. I need to quit my job and start building trailers

rvrrun

Reaction score
That seems like a ton of work and money for no reward. If it’s a project, and all you are out is parts I get it, but hiring the work seems like a waste.

It reminds me of the guy that had us put a Vortec on his TBI utility bed/lift gate work truck.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Nick Valore- 626-786-7779

madskillzfab on IG, he just did a triple axle dolly trailer for a jet puts all his pics on instagram. Good guy to deal with known him for years

guest hs

Reaction score
Nick Valore- 626-786-7779

madskillzfab on IG, he just did a triple axle dolly trailer for a jet puts all his pics on instagram. Good guy to deal with known him for years
I follow him on Instagram I need someone in Vegas or Havasu to do it for me

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score

- Added third axle
- Added a front ladder

Pics please!

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
I did my Spectra back in 2007 I believe, the fenders were $1,000 then, I was thinking of painting and then found Fenders and More, I talked to these guys and they laughed at the prices because they supply the shops I was talking to. I got my stainless from him pretty cheap, not polished I had to do that but I paid $300. Call them and see what they want now. http://www.fendersnmore.com/

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I did my Spectra back in 2007 I believe, the fenders were $1,000 then, I was thinking of painting and then found Fenders and More, I talked to these guys and they laughed at the prices because they supply the shops I was talking to. I got my stainless from him pretty cheap, not polished I had to do that but I paid $300. Call them and see what they want now. http://www.fendersnmore.com/

and by the time ya got them polished you were back up in the 7-800 territory.. back in 07. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Gonna be more than that. Cut the steps off and relocate.. weld back on paint etc. Figure shop rate of (??). How much time does that take. Than welding on new hardware underneath the trailer for the extra axle. (Providing they don’t have to move the other two).
Fenders, paint etc.. shit adds up quick.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If you’re serious about wanting it done for 1500$, i have a buddy that has an old jet ski trailer with no title for 500$ and i got a stick welder. Just find another fender we can cut and splice into your existing won’t look good but fuck what else can you get for 1500$. LMK

82daytona

Reaction score
If you’re serious about wanting it done for 1500$, i have a buddy that has an old jet ski trailer with no title for 500$ and i got a stick welder. Just find another fender we can cut and splice into your existing won’t look good but fuck what else can you get for 1500$. LMK

Now that’s a deal!

copterzach

Reaction score
Did that Hampton triple axle at maxed out marine ever sell?

Yes it sold. I missed it somehow. It would have been perfect under my DCM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

guest hs

Reaction score
I highly doubt the axle is the same. I don’t want to do it half ass I guess I’m being unreasonable about my price expectations

hallett21

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the amount of labor there is in modifying a trailer vs fabricating one. I bet there’s 32 hours in modifying a 2 axle to triple axle. Including prep, paint, grinding, welding etc.

$200 an hour? I could see it being 8k to add the axle from a shop like adrenaline.

Especially when you’re fabricating for Nordic, DCB, Eliminator, etc.

guest hs

Reaction score
Yah I can have a brand new triple made for way less then 8 K!

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I would used nick mad skills fab
And don’t have his info on this phone but someone might

I've used Nick Valore...he's really good! I took pictures or his welding so I have something to strive for.

brownsuger

Reaction score

Double check the laws on trailer brakes before you go with just idler hubs only.... Here in the midwest, any trailer that has a GVW of more than 5,000# has to have brakes on every wheel.

Now the chances of you getting "busted" for that are slim.... just something to check out

hallett21

Reaction score
200 an hour? More like 85-100 an hr

I have no idea what rates are out there. I figured 125 would be on the low. Unless we’re saying it’s shop rate plus profit?

So ball park what should this cost?

ka0tyk

Reaction score
I did mine in a weekend. Lets figure thats 16 hours... pad that 2x. 32 hours @ 100/hr. (probably on the low side for a shop that caliber) Theres $3200 just in labor. Add whatever for parts plus a 30% profit. He got quoted for just a single axle addition. I did new for all axles leafs, shackles, hangers, equalizers, sprang for the zerk'ed shackle bolts, all new u bolts, and 1 more axle I was probably out $700 in suspension parts. Another $1k for ss fenders. So you're getting to $5k pretty quick. Doesnt even take into account they're gonna prep and paint, pull the boat off the trailer, welding consumables, etc.

10304705_10152231171174833_306213274305185596_n.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s 32 hrs in the job.. not sure why you’d pad that?

D19

Reaction score
I converted my road trailer to a dolly and had to move leafs/ axles around. All the fab work took about a day in a half. Can’t take much longer to add a 3rd and move axles around.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
You should borrow a friends triple axle trailer and see how you like the lack of mobility it has versus a tandem trailer before you waste your $$$ on this project. Triples don't like to turn, and even less so in reverse! Personally I would put the $5K-$8K your going to spend elsewhere besides a trailer.

guest hs

Reaction score
I have owned several boats with tri axle trailers as well as toy haulers. I know what Im getting my self into. Is there any other shops in Havasu that can do this besides Adrenaline?

ka0tyk

Reaction score
You should borrow a friends triple axle trailer and see how you like the lack of mobility it has versus a tandem trailer before you waste your $$$ on this project. Triples don't like to turn, and even less so in reverse! Personally I would put the $5K-$8K your going to spend elsewhere besides a trailer.

its not that bad other than my driveway looking like a drift event with skidmarks trying to make the 90* turn into the garage.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have owned several boats with tri axle trailers as well as toy haulers. I know what Im getting my self into. Is there any other shops in Havasu that can do this besides Adrenaline?

I will confess, after I added the axle I slammed into like three curbs on my usual route from the house to the lake. Had to make some adjustments in my turns, but the extra axle for sure changes the arc of the turn, once you make your adjustments its no big deal. I have triple axle now on my 22 daytona and frankly that is a pain in the ass, The boat is a carbon kevlar lay up with outboards so it weighs next to nothing, there is so little weight on all of the axles that I lock the tires very easily.

guest hs

Reaction score
I just talked to my Father Inlaw he is going to the job for me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have no idea what rates are out there. I figured 125 would be on the low. Unless we’re saying it’s shop rate plus profit?

So ball park what should this cost?

honestly if it was more than 3500 I’d be surprised.. There’s a lot of variables with the paint but the job isn’t that difficult.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

- Added third axle
- Added a front ladder
Not sure if you have an itemized receipt but was wondering how much they charged to do the flush mount led bars? I’m looking at having a trailer overhauled by them, very similar to what you did, just wondering if it’s worth doing the light bars (I can see it being a lot of metal work)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure if you have an itemized receipt but was wondering how much they charged to do the flush mount led bars? I’m looking at having a trailer overhauled by them, very similar to what you did, just wondering if it’s worth doing the light bars (I can see it being a lot of metal work)

I am going to have Wayne redo my Hallett trailer this winter and possibly redo my Schiada trailer as well.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

I dont have a breakdown it was a cash deal not tax kind of thing. They also added landing lights the entire length of the trailer, and it was $8200.