WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crunch.. snowbirds are in full swing!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just watch a snowbird back into a truck.. Attempt to leave the scene when a man with a stroller walked out in front of them and made them back up all the way to the truck. Lol. Of course the snowbird is saying “I didn’t do that!!” The whole parking lot told him he did..

Either way the man with the stroller crosses the street and I’m hobbling to my truck and we are talking about it and....

C6621F1C-D8D8-429F-A5D2-9CCD313A9688.jpeg
B4FAA9A5-1D1C-4E71-9EAB-63A8D85929F1.jpeg

dammit.. At least my snowbird was nice enough to stick around.

Good thing we have friends in the industry. Should be fixed next week.
F7764141-5FA6-4F89-BB15-191845454453.jpeg

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Just watch a snowbird back into a truck.. Attempt to leave the scene when’s man with a stroller walked out in front of them and made them back up all the way to the truck. Lol. Of course the snowbird is saying “I didn’t do that!!” The whole parking lot told him he did..

Either way the man with the stroller crosses the street and I’m hobbling to my truck and we are talking about it and....

View attachment 822010 View attachment 822011

dammit.. At least my snowbird was nice enough to stick around.

Good thing we have friends in the industry. Should be fixed next week. View attachment 822012

Justin is a good guy, my wifes Vette is there now from a snowbird attack, $17,000 for backing into it, the hood alone was $9200, crazy.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Justin is a good guy, my wifes Vette is there now from a snowbird attack, $17,000 for backing into it, the hood alone was $9200, crazy.
Is Phil not there anymore?

TCHB

Reaction score
A car today ran into the Post Office. Birds are back

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Where did this happen? What parking lot? IMHO - too many Snowbirds are mean, dishonest and dangerous people. Other than that, they are oh so wonderful . . . . . . Hold it, that just put me into that dishonest category . Lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Where did this happen? What parking lot? IMHO - too many Snowbirds are mean, dishonest and dangerous people. Other than that, they are oh so wonderful . . . . . . Hold it, that just put me into that dishonest category . Lol

Interesting observation, so who are these old, mean, dishonest and dangerous people ? Well it would seem the vast majority are not from California, shocker I know. :rolleyes:
Well then, from the plates I've seen and those meanies I've met, they're from Canada, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Washington, Wyoming, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
I'm sure I've left out a few, but essentially from all the states where according to the RDP members, folks are supposed to be simply hard working, red blooded Americans.

Confusing isn't it :confused: Maybe it's just old people are mean, regardless of where they're from :p Funny thing is, I've yet to meet a mean Snowbird, but I have heard rumors the Canadians are kinda dicks :D

PS: Not saying they aren't piss-poor drivers, but then so are most Havasupians.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Driving from LHC to Mesquite NV we encountered a number of Snowbirds driving alongside each other, doing exactly the same speed and occupying both the fast and slow lanes of the highway. Totally unnecessary and a real PIA to get around.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Interesting observation, so who are these old, mean, dishonest and dangerous people ? Well it would seem the vast majority are not from California, shocker I know. :rolleyes:
Well then, from the plates I've seen and those meanies I've met, they're from Canada, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, Washington, Wyoming, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
I'm sure I've left out a few, but essentially from all the states where according to the RDP members, folks are supposed to be simply hard working, red blooded Americans.

Confusing isn't it :confused: Maybe it's just old people are mean, regardless of where they're from :p Funny thing is, I've yet to meet a mean Snowbird, but I have heard rumors the Canadians are kinda dicks :D

So, how many years have you lived in Havasu during the winter months? It has never been stated here that Snowbirds are from CA. Where did that come from?

2Driver

Reaction score
Waiting outside while my wife is getting a haircut, a 93 year old lady wings it into the parking spot side swiping the parked car next to her.

LOl she gets out of the car, checks it out and walks in the hair solon. I hang out and the owner shows up. I inform her the old lady in the solon just did it. FF they are on the sidewalk bickering. I tell them, my job is done, you gals figure it out. :D

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Funny this is last week I was in town in a black Cadillac with Minnesota plates. I was with my mother who is in her 70s. I went to talk to a neighbor where we were staying and the guy had the nerve to ask the first question “are you a snowbird?”

LOL

I never knew that people in Havasu were so judgmental and racist!!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
So, how many years have you lived in Havasu during the winter months? It has never been stated here that Snowbirds are from CA. Where did that come from?
24 years and where the CA came from was me joking cuz everybody loves to blame Californians for everything :rolleyes: :D

PS: Not a full timer, but we've preferred the winter months over the hot summers. Plus the place we've owned all that time fills up with Snowbirds, so most of my winter neighbors are Snowbirds.

BajaMike

Reaction score
On a slightly different but related topic, I’ve always told my kids, wives and significant others, NEVER walk or drive behind a car or truck (especially a truck or van) that is backing up. Cars have lots of blind spots while backing up, and trucks and vans are even worse.

With my 2500 HD Crew with a shell on it, I can barely see right behind me, if someone comes racing in a parking lot to “get past me” while I’m backing up, they are really hard to see. Pedestrians and women with strollers are almost invisible. I always park as far away from other cars as I possible can and try to park so I don’t have to back up in a parking lot, but often some jerk wants to go racing behind me to get in or out of the lot......I hate that.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
A snowbird managed to drive a golf ball over my 30’ net and it came down at just the right angle to hit the patio and bounce hard enough to shatter the French door window.

78FE85D2-5542-45D5-82CA-EB2824D10B3A.jpeg

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score

Canadians are dicks......fuck you bitch

riverroyal

Reaction score
True facts...the restaurant in havasu remove the condiments and sweeteners from the tables this time of year. At chilis they waitress told me she had a couple order bottomless soup and filled a container with it when they thought nobody was watching.
Also steal salt and pepper shakers and bring them back empty the next week.
Theft is also highest in the winter for stores

Brobee

Reaction score
On a slightly different but related topic, I’ve always told my kids, wives and significant others, NEVER walk or drive behind a car or truck (especially a truck or van) that is backing up. Cars have lots of blind spots while backing up, and trucks and vans are even worse.

With my 2500 HD Crew with a shell on it, I can barely see right behind me, if someone comes racing in a parking lot to “get past me” while I’m backing up, they are really hard to see. Pedestrians and women with strollers are almost invisible. I always park as far away from other cars as I possible can and try to park so I don’t have to back up in a parking lot, but often some jerk wants to go racing behind me to get in or out of the lot......I hate that.

This is why I try to back in or pull through a parking spot. I don’t own or drive any vehicles that have good rear visibility and there are too many dumb asses. My company puts us all through a safe driving class every year and they said backing accidents account for the vast majority of collisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaMike

Reaction score
This is why I try to back in or pull through a parking spot. I don’t own or drive any vehicles that have good rear visibility and there are too many dumb asses. My company puts us all through a safe driving class every year and they said backing accidents account for the vast majority of collisions.

Totally agree 100%. I had a company insurance class once and I think they said most people don’t back up more than 2 miles in their whole lifetime, so they don’t know how.....present company excepted.

I always park away from everyone, I like to walk and I don’t trust those ass holes in the shopping center. My 2001 2500 HD doesn’t have a single door ding on it. And I always try to drive thru the parking spot so I don’t have to back up.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
True facts...the restaurant in havasu remove the condiments and sweeteners from the tables this time of year. At chilis they waitress told me she had a couple order bottomless soup and filled a container with it when they thought nobody was watching.
Imagine what they did back home to get to the point of being able to become a snowbird. I bet they are community pillars. :D

Lucky Larry

Reaction score

With my 2500 HD Crew with a shell on it, I can barely see right behind me, if someone comes racing in a parking lot to “get past me” while I’m backing up, they are really hard to see. Pedestrians and women with strollers are almost invisible. I always park as far away from other cars as I possible can and try to park so I don’t have to back up in a parking lot, but often some jerk wants to go racing behind me to get in or out of the lot......I hate that.[/QUOTE
UGH !!! Just had this happen to me tonight at Stater Bros. I PATIENTLY waited for the lady next to me who pulled in crooked & too close ~ waited for her to pull in, back up and correct. Then I slowly back out becuz it’s dark and I’m low profile and can’t see behind the truck on my other side. I’m 3/4’s into it and see a flash of light so I stop. Some a-hole came whipping around the corner and behind me to get to a spot. Had I not stopped I would have nailed him.

The jerk was in such a hurry he was already out of his car so I stopped, rolled
down the window and cussed him out. Frickin’ IDIOT. Bad drivers are my pet peeve. Rant over.

“Lucky’s Wife”

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It’s scary to think of all the blue hairs that have driven across the country to invade Havasu. That’s a whole lotta bad drivers, lol.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
Totally agree 100%. I had a company insurance class once and I think they said most people don’t back up more than 2 miles in their whole lifetime, so they don’t know how.....present company excepted.

I always park away from everyone, I like to walk and I don’t trust those ass holes in the shopping center. My 2001 2500 HD doesn’t have a single door ding on it. And I always try to drive thru the parking spot so I don’t have to back up.
Ya got that right, as a retired Equipment truck driver, Never back up unless you have too, park so you can pull forward to leave, even in my own truck I back into my parking spot,or drive threw one so I can drive forward to leave.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
The 4 way stop shenanigans are always humorous when they’re in town!

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The one thing I do not miss from the short time we lived in south FL.....No telling what some of the old geezers and blue hairs are gonna do behind the wheel.

I sold insurance for a bit in Ft Meyers and our office shared parking with a beauty salon. We watched one day as a large old lady parked, put out both legs and kicked the door "open" several times as she tried to get her oversized rump out of the car. The door each time banged the shit out of the car next to her.

My buddy bought an early 60's Chrysler Imperial from an old fella in Naples. Pristine condition with less than 30K on the clock. Beautiful car. He parked it in the carefully away as he went into a bank where he thought it was safe from getting dinged......Until an old blue hair in a big Caddy Sedan de Ville came out of the drive through, got disoriented, jumped a curb, panicked, pushed the gas to the floor instead of the brake, T-boned the Chrysler, drove it sideways into another car, and just sat there with her eyes closed, pedal to the metal, tires smoking, until a guy opened her door, reached in and turned off the ignition. Old girl just sat there with her eyes closed and teeth clenched.:(o_O

The Chrysler had major damage on both sides and the car next to it the same as it was pushed into a light pole. Only good to come of it, was she had really good insurance and paid cash for what didn't get covered.:D

Never underestimate the range a snowbird has to run into your vehicle.....:eek::p

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

lol I witnessed a similar act . Snowbird walks into Maverick and starts loading up sugar packets and creamers into their bags lol until the manager catches them and yells at them for taking all the coffee condiments. Snowbird slowly puts them back after being caught. Lol probably went on to the next convenience store.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Social security checks don't cover it all...:rolleyes:..
Does not seem like the town has that many as previous years..
Maybe there all those cheap stay in the outskirts of town desert dweller's now..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
lol I witnessed a similar act . Snowbird walks into Maverick and starts loading up sugar packets and creamers into their bags lol until the manager catches them and yells at them for taking all the coffee condiments. Snowbird slowly puts them back after being caught. Lol probably went on to the next convenience store.

My usual deli actually had to put the cups, lids, silverware etc behind the counter.. lol.

It’s unreal.. They just grab stacks of everything to take back to the rv!

Cdog

Reaction score
I guess while we're on this subject I'll ask this question I've been pondering.

Why in hell do seniors get all these discounts? They for the most part seem to be the group who can afford to pay. For instance. Camping spots are ridiculously cheap for seniors and half of them seem to have a handicap pass. They have the time off and can snake a camping spot damn near anytime but a family like myself tries to plan a trip for spring break or a long weekend with my kids at the beach and the spots are booked with the golden girls 6 months in advance at 25% my cost.

Just make everyone pay the same and cut the "special people pandering" bull shit already. Those of us that don't get the discounted price subsidize this bull shit. I don't blame them for taking advantage of what's available but I blame the assholes who make these rules.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
When my grandparents used to come visit us in California, we would take them to the Crab Cooker in Newport. Grandma always stuffed her purse with breadsticks and bread balls that were on the table before we left.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Not every member of the "Me" generation is a millennial. Some Snowbirds are living proof of that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Why in hell do seniors get all these discounts? They for the most part seem to be the group who can afford to pay. For instance. Camping spots are ridiculously cheap for seniors and half of them seem to have a handicap pass. They have the time off and can snake a camping spot damn near anytime but a family like myself tries to plan a trip for spring break or a long weekend with my kids at the beach and the spots are booked with the golden girls 6 months in advance at 25% my cost.

Just make everyone pay the same and cut the "special people pandering" bull shit already. Those of us that don't get the discounted price subsidize this bull shit. I don't blame them for taking advantage of what's available but I blame the assholes who make these rules.

fixed income / quality of life is the argument for..

getoffmylawn

Reaction score

When you get that old, and are possibly on a fixed income, or limping around, ask these questions again. You may be able to answer them on your own

CANUCK007

Reaction score
Not all snowbirds are bad drivers. What French Canadians i.ve met seem arrogant and known to be bad tippers.What would your Havasu economy be like if there was no snowbirds?

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
Eastern Canadians get the rep for crappy attitudes. The ones we get to meet and hang with in the northwest are whacky, hilarious, and very friendly

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Not all snowbirds are bad drivers. What French Canadians i.ve met seem arrogant and known to be bad tippers.What would your Havasu economy be like if there was no snowbirds?

What would snowbirds do without Havasu?