WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Home Distillers?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Anyone here practice the ancient art of distilling home made hooch?

My neighbor has picked up a copper still from someone and is pestering me to try this out. Home made gin, vodka and evil brown liquors.... LOL

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
A buddy of mine use to make his own Apple Jack. It was pretty good - Strong AF!!!

The stories of people going blind from drinking that shit has always kept me away from stills, lol. I’ll stick with home brewing beer :D

WildWilly

Reaction score
its been on the list for a while now. I've met a few guys that do and as long as you follow the rules its pretty safe, lots of myths out there as he puts it. I'm also a home brewer so I think having that background helps as far as some of the basics so its not so overwhelming.

I say go for it, but don't tell many people. some jurisdictions will enforce the laws pretty seriously.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
My neighbor has one that turns out some pretty wild stuff. It starts as moonshine and they make flavorings that turn them into different flavors (apple, bourbon, etc). The still is called a turbo 500 and seems to be the most efficient out there to use.

As long as you dont drink the first bit coming out of the tap you won't go blind. Give it a shot.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My neighbor has one that turns out some pretty wild stuff. It starts as moonshine and they make flavorings that turn them into different flavors (apple, bourbon, etc). The still is called a turbo 500 and seems to be the most efficient out there to use.

As long as you dont drink the first bit coming out of the tap you won't go blind. Give it a shot.
Yeah that first tap is acetone isn't it?
Had some friends that did that. Bought corn from the feed store, and I think molasses? It was pretty harsh, but straight up white dog.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
My buddy picked up one I wanna say on line . I helped sort of with the first batch. was a little nerve racking since we didn't have any clue what we were doing except going off of a book or you tube vid. Once it started dripping through the filter we had some relief. We poured Some on the ground and lit it on fire. Burned blue good to go. He made the apple cider batch. turned out awesome.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Yeah that first tap is acetone isn't it?
Had some friends that did that. Bought corn from the feed store, and I think molasses? It was pretty harsh, but straight up white dog.
It's methanol, and tastes awful. I think you have to drink a ton to go blind though.

The funny thing about distilling these days is that you can use beer home brewing supplies to get er done. Not as cheap, but the principle still applies. Some powdered malt, yeast for distilling, some carbon and that's about it.

Its much easier than brewing beer and you dont have to wait nearly as long and it was rocket fuel.

Its actually legal to do if you are using it to power your small engines around the house, johnny law doesn't have to know if you ingest it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
:D:D
Screenshot_20191204-075509_Chrome.jpg

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Anyone here practice the ancient art of distilling home made hooch?

My neighbor has picked up a copper still from someone and is pestering me to try this out. Home made gin, vodka and evil brown liquors.... LOL
Headed your way now.....:D:)