Overweight boat owners must read....

BingerFang

Reaction score
BUY A PELOTON!!!!!! Best thing ever!!!

Advantages:
1. They deliver/install it at your home
2. You ride it at your own convenience
3. Smoking hot girls teach live classes all day everyday
4. Previously recorded classes are “on demand” so you can ride whenever works for you.
5. 5 to 90 minute classes available that will have you drenched in sweat
6. Did I mention the hot girls?
7. You will lose weight therefore your turd of a boat will pick up a few MPH.

Bottom line- It takes all the bullshit/hassle of going to the gym and offers a highly effective workout at your own convenience in the comfort of your home.

Use the code “River Dave’s Place” at checkout and receive absolutely nothing. Lol

Seriously though, it’s awesome and you will not be disappointed.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
BUY A PELOTON!!!!!! Best thing ever!!!

Advantages:
1. They deliver/install it at your home
2. You ride it at your own convenience
3. Smoking hot girls teach live classes all day everyday
4. Previously recorded classes are “on demand” so you can ride whenever works for you.
5. 5 to 90 minute classes available that will have you drenched in sweat
6. Did I mention the hot girls?
7. You will lose weight therefore your turd of a boat will pick up a few MPH.

Bottom line- It takes all the bullshit/hassle of going to the gym and offers a highly effective workout at your own convenience in the comfort of your home.

Use the code “River Dave’s Place” at checkout and receive absolutely nothing. Lol

Seriously though, it’s awesome and you will not be disappointed.

How about you mix in a salad every once in a while instead fatty?

K-DOG

Reaction score
Did you see all the crap Peloton is getting for their new commercial where the husband buys his wife one for xmas. People are saying it is sexist and the ad should be pulled. Peloton is holding strong saying nothing is wrong with the ad and they will keep it. Good for them.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Bought my wife one a couple years ago when she paid off her student loans. Awesome bike if you’re into spin classes. She uses it damn near every day, and we hit breakeven on spin vs the bike long ago.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you see all the crap Peloton is getting for their new commercial where the husband buys his wife one for xmas. People are saying it is sexist and the ad should be pulled. Peloton is holding strong saying nothing is wrong with the ad and they will keep it. Good for them.

Got a whole thread about it going on down in the dungeon.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Dont forget the $55.00 a month to join that cute, very trendy spin club......

2Driver

Reaction score
Weight is 80% about what you shove in your pie hole, 20% exercise.

I have a similar spin bike, ICG 6, and it is awesome for cardio. Has 100's of video and coach rides with out the complex bullshit and subscription.

I went to a spin class twice and it was so fucking gross, I noted the name of the bike and just ordered one for home and never looked back.

Mototrig

Reaction score
I misread the title... Thought this thread was going to be about roll bar boats :D

sirbob

Reaction score
Hard to believe their stock lost over 900 million in value from the backlash to that ad - I never considered one of those before but I feel like I want to buy one now just because of the shit they are getting.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
If you don't want to drop 5k on a stationary bike you can purchase dynometers that attach to a standard road bike then download cheap software that interfaces with the dyno and do rides in your basement.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I am ok with the concept of the bike, I just struggle with the $2500 for the bike and then the $35 a month subscription to effectively utilize it.

nowski

Reaction score
My daughter the starving student bought one of these "Sunny" bikes. She straps her laptop to the handlebars and has the poor-mans version of a Peloton. If and when the fad ends we'll just kick it to the curb with the best part not having to cancel a subscription...

Sunny.jpg

BingerFang

Reaction score
I am ok with the concept of the bike, I just struggle with the $2500 for the bike and then the $35 a month subscription to effectively utilize it.

It's an investment for sure... but the barrier to entry is low if you consider the benefits it brings if you're willing to use it.

BingerFang

Reaction score
My daughter the starving student bought one of these "Sunny" bikes. She straps her laptop to the handlebars and has the poor-mans version of a Peloton. If and when the fad ends we'll just kick it to the curb with the best part not having to cancel a subscription...

View attachment 822554

As long is works for her that's all that matters. :)

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Save your money.

View attachment 822554

I have the next model up. Got it on Craigslist for $80. I also use rollers too. I use this program, pretty good. Try it out for free.

https://www.studiosweatondemand.com/ssod-articles/free-online-spinning-video-classes/

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good spin bikes are pricey, and you aren't getting a cheap POS. IMO it's a niche market for those who actually go to spin classes. 2 classes a month and you've paid for the subscription. My wife was going 4-5 times a week.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Hard to believe their stock lost over 900 million in value from the backlash to that ad - I never considered one of those before but I feel like I want to buy one now just because of the shit they are getting.

Everything is getting ridiculous in the world now.

So a commercial with a guy buying his wife jewelry is okay. An expensive piece of workout equipment is not.

GM should be getting shit with the husband that bought his wife an SUV, but she wanted the truck!!!

nowski

Reaction score
Everything is getting ridiculous in the world now.

So a commercial with a guy buying his wife jewelry is okay. An expensive piece of workout equipment is not.

That commercial is actually Good PR for Peloton, I'm sure there seeing a spike in sales because of it. Good PR, well they got a plug on this boating site...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
So a couple years ago I had an issue where every time I would shit there would be mass amounts of blood.:eek: I was pretty sure I was dying...went to the doctor and had a bunch of "exams":eek:...turns out it was basically hemorrhoids....but why? I had never had them before.

Long story short I had purchased a used stationary bike at a garage sale, dropped it in the garage in front of a tv and rode the shit out of it for a month or two. I realized there might be a correlation between the blood and the bike so I stopped riding it and the blood went away. That mother fucker was at the dump the next day!

Will never buy another one again. Not to mention if you're a cyclist, whether you do it on the street or in your living room, you're gay.:p

Runs2rch

Reaction score
So a couple years ago I had an issue where every time I would shit there would be mass amounts of blood.:eek: I was pretty sure I was dying...went to the doctor and had a bunch of "exams":eek:...turns out it was basically hemorrhoids....but why? I had never had them before.

Long story short I had purchased a used stationary bike at a garage sale, dropped it in the garage in front of a tv and rode the shit out of it for a month or two. I realized there might be a correlation between the blood and the bike so I stopped riding it and the blood went away. That mother fucker was at the dump the next day!

Will never buy another one again. Not to mention if you're a cyclist, whether you do it on the street or in your living room, you're gay.:p

Oh shit! Now you've done it. Black dildo seat pics galore coming!!! Hahaha

yz450mm

Reaction score
I've been researching these and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, I think the NordicTrack is a better deal. I know the first year of interactive coaching is included, not sure if you have to pay for it after that.
Screenshot_20191205-084121_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BingerFang

Reaction score
That commercial is actually Good PR for Peloton, I'm sure there seeing a spike in sales because of it. Good PR, well they got a plug on this boating site...

They received a plug on this boating site because I just purchased one myself and started using it literally this Monday. My experience in 3 days has been so positive I wanted to share it with my boating community pals that would benefit from incorporating it into their lifestyle. That commercial just happened to be coincidence.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I've been researching these and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger, I think the NordicTrack is a better deal. I know the first year of interactive coaching is included, not sure if you have to pay for it after that. View attachment 822605

The other cool thing about the Peloton is that in addition to cycling, they offer: bootcamp, yoga, stretching, meditation, cardio and strength classes as well. Didn't do any research on the Norditrack or any other bikes when buying the Peloton so I have no idea what they offer.

yz450mm

Reaction score
The other cool thing about the Peloton is that in addition to cycling, they offer: bootcamp, yoga, stretching, meditation, cardio and strength classes as well. Didn't do any research on the Norditrack or any other bikes when buying the Peloton so I have no idea what they offer.
Nice, I'll check it out again before I buy anything. I have to do something, I completely burned myself out on the gym at the beginning of Summer and have been a lazy ass since June.

Tank

Reaction score
The commercials are FUCKIN ANNOYING!! Dude yelling COME ON PELATON!! :eek::rolleyes: STFU already.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

Here's your problem :D

3630719679_193e422757.jpg

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
If you want Quality in your spin machine and appreciate intelligent design , look up Keiser brand. $2500 for the top tier machine. You don't sweat all over the important parts and the infinite adjustability of resistance is quick and easy to control when your about to fall off the machine from a heart attack. For distraction I use Netflix. :D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score

Well you took the seat off so......
vince-vaughn-the-dilemma-360x190.jpg

BingerFang

Reaction score
Or getting on an actual bike and take in the scenery.

The reason I posted this was because of the convenience the Peloton brings. The inconvenience that your scenic bike ride requires is the reason why most don't do it.

The Peloton eliminates almost every excuse not to get in shape and live a happier/healthier life.

white tortilla

Reaction score
Or getting on an actual bike and take in the scenery.
Binger Fang and i ride all the time on MTB and road bikes. We both rode every weekday for two years in college together. And we raced MTB race Over the Hump Series at lake irvine through summer. We both have the pelatons now to supplement getting outside esp when its getting dark at 4:30 or raining, or you have a family and maybe only have 30 min to spare. 30 min on a stationary bike will rip your guts out and then you can walk into the next room and have dinner. The classes make it easy to push yourself at home. Monthly its cheaper then a gym or the RDP Online Magazine subscription.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I ride outside quite a bit but the weather and darkness this time of year puts a dent in that. We have been talking about getting one, what do they run, about $3000?

oldschool

Reaction score
We’ve bought a couple spin bikes from local gyms over the years on the cheap, I think they were $150 each. This was for good stationary spin bikes.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
The reason I posted this was because of the convenience the Peloton brings. The inconvenience that your scenic bike ride requires is the reason why most don't do it.

The Peloton eliminates almost every excuse not to get in shape and live a happier/healthier life.

I could be wrong, but I think Waffles was including all bikes (stationary too like Peloton). The salad, fatty comment was a member just trying to be funny (which was funny and why I liked both that comment and Waffles).

I feel any exercise anyone can do is great. Diet is 90% of the equation, 10% is fitness. However, if you add in more fitness, your diet can sway slightly more without it affecting your weight or overall condition.