WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kids making memories

69hondo

Reaction score
Do you guys remember your best friend from when you were kids and can you remember doing fun stuff with them that you never forgot. We went to Glamis for Thanksgiving and made some memories with friends and family. My youngest daughter and her best friend whos dad happens to be my life long best friend @ULTRA 94 made some great memories on a crazy windy raining thanksgiving night. Their drinking dads said hey you guys should go ride around in the rain. You will never forget it. Well they ran right over to their bikes and took off into the windy raining night. Now being semi sober responsible dads we didn't let them take off into the dunes but did let them ride around the small dunes by camp until they couldn't feel anything anymore because they were soaked. Looka the these faces and you can see how much fun they had. Something they will never forget.
20191128_172518.jpg
20191128_172523.jpg
20191128_172906.jpg
20191128_172907.jpg

ltbaney1

Reaction score
that is great. they will remember and talk about that for years. i cant wait to start making those type of memories with my daughter.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Great story and for sure they will remember that night. I have many great memories with great friends some still friends other that have pasted away.

Mountain biking in pouring rain and flooded roads
Surfing the storm waves before a hurricane
Sleep on the north shore Friday after school waiting daylight to surf
Mud sliding on mountain trials
Jumping off roofs into swimming pools
Lighting bottle rockets into the ocean
Night surfing Waikiki after the 4th of July party
Four wheeling into the early hours of the morning

Good times. Thanks for making me recall all of the good time as a child!!!

Tooned Up

Reaction score
My childhood best friend and I (who introduced me to Glamis when I was 10) used to take off and ride nonstop from the time we got there until it was time to leave. It was definitely a different time in the world. Any parent today who would let there 12 year old kids take off on a night ride on 200s ATC’s would probably go to prison. We would run out to The Wall, China Wall, Olds, and Comp then barely limp in on reserve. There was no GPS, no cell phones, hell at that time there wasn’t a helmet or whip law (which we had in addition to full riding gear) This was truly “BACK IN THE DAY”

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Do you guys remember your best friend from when you were kids and can you remember doing fun stuff with them that you never forgot. We went to Glamis for Thanksgiving and made some memories with friends and family. My youngest daughter and her best friend whos dad happens to be my life long best friend @ULTRA 94 made some great memories on a crazy windy raining thanksgiving night. Their drinking dads said hey you guys should go ride around in the rain. You will never forget it. Well they ran right over to their bikes and took off into the windy raining night. Now being semi sober responsible dads we didn't let them take off into the dunes but did let them ride around the small dunes by camp until they couldn't feel anything anymore because they were soaked. Looka the these faces and you can see how much fun they had. Something they will never forget. View attachment 822777 View attachment 822778 View attachment 822779 View attachment 822780
I was around before there were quads.
But.
I Did the same on an ATC....a long, long time ago.
Best thread of the month!

ULTRA 94

Reaction score
Them crazy besties well talk and remember that night for years. Us dads will too. Good times at the fire also. EZ up and all. Thanks for the cool post and tag.