WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hawaii

RodnJen

Reaction score
There was a shooting in case you missed it. No, you can’t always stop a crazy person.

Below are facts/statistics that illustrate gun deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

Apparently states with extensive gun control laws have a lower mortality rate by firearm.

I’ve read on here that Democrats hate facts. How do you purported conservatives feel about the truth?

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
So fucking what?

Publish death by toasters, knives, hammers, vehicular accidents, smoking.....

Firearms are so fucking far down the list it's silly for people to even speak about it.

Suck some more diseased liberal cock dude....that bullshit does not wash.

Need a fucking puppy and a safe space?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
There was a shooting in case you missed it. No, you can’t always stop a crazy person.

Apparently states with extensive gun control laws have a lower mortality rate by firearm.

I’ve read on here that Democrats hate facts. How do you purported conservatives feel about the truth?
But hammers!

That's just horrible. So have both of you turned in every gun you own yet? The world will be a safer place.
If not, then both of you can go fuck yourself with your hypocritical bullshit.

RodnJen

Reaction score
So fucking what?

Publish death by toasters, knives, hammers, vehicular accidents, smoking.....

Firearms are so fucking far down the list it's silly for people to even speak about it.

Suck some more diseased liberal cock dude....that bullshit does not wash.

Need a fucking puppy and a safe space?

“So fucking what” this: If this is the typical, if not only, response you and others are capable of, then those rights that so many of you/us treasure will be under attack. Gun ownership, and the perceived results of, will be front and center during the next 11 months and likely well after.

If gun advocates are not willing to come to the table, perhaps even compromise, then lawmakers will eventually make decisions that are in direct opposition to what you believe and value.

I’m good on the dog, but thanks.

RodnJen

Reaction score
That's just horrible. So have both of you turned in every gun you own yet? The world will be a safer place.
If not, then both of you can go fuck yourself with your hypocritical bullshit.

I’m not anti gun, never have been. We have a National issue of gun deaths. We all know that many of those deaths can be contributed to mental illness, prescribed behavioral drugs, whatever.

What politicians and voters will look at are gun deaths, certainly not all voters, but many. Enough voters to make it a wedge issue, not that it already isn’t one.

Taboma

Reaction score
“So fucking what” this: If this is the typical, if not only, response you and others are capable of, then those rights that so many of you/us treasure will be under attack. Gun ownership, and the perceived results of, will be front and center during the next 11 months and likely well after.

If gun advocates are not willing to come to the table, perhaps even compromise, then lawmakers will eventually make decisions that are in direct opposition to what you believe and value.

60% of gun deaths in 2017 were self-inflicted --- according to the CDC. Those CDC gun death stats include self-inflicted.
It's already illegal to shoot yourself to death, if you try, the cops will rush in and shoot yer ass :rolleyes:
Frankly, the good thing about blowing your brains out, according to the CDC it's 90% effective :D
This is a good thing as it's much cheaper to bury them than to hospitalize them. :p
Wonder if anybody has broken this down to reflect their party affiliation ? :rolleyes:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Maybe you MFer's ought to look into banning cars/trucks, they kill a whole lot more than guns!!!!!

500bbc

Reaction score
I’m not anti gun, never have been. We have a National issue of gun deaths. We all know that many of those deaths can be contributed to mental illness, prescribed behavioral drugs, whatever.

What politicians and voters will look at are gun deaths, certainly not all voters, but many. Enough voters to make it a wedge issue, not that it already isn’t one.
We have a much bigger issue with drug OD's but you don't give a flying fuck about that.
You're fucking full of shit about not being anti 2nd amendment, you prove it every time you vote.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score

Will be under attack? They have been under attack for some time from you and your party.

You don't invite us to the table and attack the NRA so what are you talking about?

Your party already writes and passes laws that don't do squat and continue to blame responsible gun owners. You want to talk about failed and ineffective well your party takes the cake because most of the people writing these laws can't describe a gun or know how it operates.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Will be under attack? They have been under attack for some time from you and your party.

You don't invite us to the table and attack the NRA so what are you talking about?

Your party already writes and passes laws that don't do squat and continue to blame responsible gun owners. You want to talk about failed and ineffective well your party takes the cake because most of the people writing these laws can't describe a gun or know how it operates.

The NRA is hardly a victim. Feel free to educate the masses, it’s what needs to happen.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The nra are saints. Protecting the constitution and rights of America's citizens from the non stop onslaught of the lefts attempt to systematically destroy the country

And their rhetoric shows it. :rolleyes:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
The NRA is hardly a victim. Feel free to educate the masses, it’s what needs to happen.

E58383C5-9C28-49D4-AA94-C33DF4ECCD1B.jpeg

#failedandineffective

:(

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Maybe we should pass laws that do restrict gun ownership. Keep guns out of the hands of idiots that don't respect them nor educate the family on how they work and guns safety in general. Maybe we need to not allow them in the hands of anyone that is on the government dole and lives in urban shitholes. Take them away from crimionals and their associates

Just allow responsible hard working tax paying citizens that respect other citizens and support the personal rights of the Constitution.

My point is sarcastic, to a point, and aimed at the folks who actually commit the gun crimes in your stats. Maybe you would like to further review those stats and tell us just whom the folks are and what their lives are all about.

Taking guns from honest citizens is not the problem with gun violence. The problem is with vermin and slackers too lazy to work and too stupid to steal. The bad people that gun laws will not stop as they do not obtain their weapons legitimately.

500bbc

Reaction score
Why don't you address the real issues?
There are half a billion firearms in this country and a trillion rounds of ammo, the problem is not the guns.
We have basically had the same types of firearms available to the public for 120 years.

What has changed?

I know, but you're too fucking stupid or too big a liar to know or admit what the problem is.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score

I never said the NRA is a victim. I responded to your statement of everyone coming together. Lets face it it's just not how your party works on this subject or any for that matter to be honest.

I've posted on this topic plenty of times so I am just repeating myself but whatever. I've also stated in the past that to think you can write laws to prevent deaths with a 100% success rate is not possible. I am not just talking about guns here either. We as humans since the beginning of time have found methods to end lives of others unfortunately before guns even existed.

You bring up mental health and pharmaceutical issues which is something to talk about. Let's try for a moment and look back in time before mental health was a huge issue though. In most cases what you call mental health in these kids comes from a.) failed parenting and b.) culture. Let's talk about culture for a second, today kids are taught that it's ok to throw a fit when they don't get there way. Kids are taught that if something bothers them they can have a safe space since they can't handle someone or a issue. Kids are taught that everyone wins in events and there are no losers so everyone gets a trophy. See the trend here? What happened to teaching kids hey if you want to win you need to try hard and put in work. What happened to if you want to make money you need to work hard up the latter to get there. What happened to if your kid did something really bad they got a ass whipping from there parents? This is where failure comes into play and what happens is in most cases people are given medication to deal with this from a young age and into becoming an adult. This is where the shift from culture to pharmaceutical happens and money is made. This is where actual mental disorder really matures and the real complications happen.

I think you need to take a step back and really evaluate what actually needs to be taken away and also what real preventative measures need to happen to prevent some of these events. If you notice I just brought up certain events like school shootings because you guys never want to talk about criminals because those don't make headline news as often and don't help your narrative of disarming everyone. You guys also don't like to hear when an armed citizen prevents something and again those don't make headline news for the same reason.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
It’s been on the news none stop since it happened. There have been more elderly have been robbed, beaten and killed by the homeless here in Hawaii. Why don’t you guys start with resolving the homeless issue before the guns. By the way, they say that Hawaii has the lowest killings by guns.

RCDave

Reaction score
And their rhetoric shows it. :rolleyes:

Rhetoric? Lol.

"some" just don't believe in our form of government, the Bill Of Rights, and the Constitution. It's all about protecting the greatest nation the globe has ever seen. It became that way based on the Rights of its citizens and it's citizens putting their lives on the line to protect it. It's the second amendment for a reason. The NRA protecting it is a noble thing of the highest order.

Old Texan

Reaction score
State stats don't show the actual areas where the majority of gun violence happens. Instead we should be looking at the metro areas as that is where the majority take place. And the violence is even more concentrated in poor urban areas known for gangs and high crime rates. It also should be refined down to the fact the high majority of murders are between folks with criminal records. In Philly for example, 93% of 1996 murders were folks with criminal records. Blacks who represent 13% of total US population were 55% of those murdered due to their violent urban lifestyles.

Again, drill down to see where attention is needed rather than make laws that effect other demographics without the risk. It's that simple and far from being an NRA issue.

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the United States
Below is the full list of the 25 most dangerous cities in the US, ranked by their Violent Crime Rate per 100,000 residents.

Rank City State Violent Crime Rate (per 100,000 residents)
1 St. Louis Missouri 1,817.10
2 Detroit Michigan 1,759.60
3 Memphis Tennessee 1,740.10
4 Milwaukee Wisconsin 1,596.10
5 Baltimore Maryland 1,535.90
6 Oakland California 1,442.50
7 Kansas City Missouri 1,417.30
8 Stockton California 1,352.00
9 Cleveland Ohio 1,334.30
10 Indianapolis Indiana 1,288.00
11 Washington District of Columbia 1,202.60
12 Toledo Ohio 1,128.90
13 Atlanta Georgia 1,119.60
14 Buffalo New York 1,118.60
15 Nashville Tennessee 1,101.00
16 Newark New Jersey 1,077.70
17 Anchorage Alaska 1,070.90
18 Minneapolis Minnesota 1,062.90
19 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 1,029.00
20 Miami Florida 1,021.30
21 Wichita Kansas 984.8
22 Houston Texas 966.7
23 Albuquerque New Mexico 965.8
24 New Orleans Louisiana 949.6
25 Orlando Florida 940.6

wzuber

Reaction score
Rhetoric? Lol.

"some" just don't believe in our form of government, the Bill Of Rights, and the Constitution. It's all about protecting the greatest nation the globe has ever seen. It became that way based on the Rights of its citizens and it's citizens putting their lives on the line to protect it. It's the second amendment for a reason. The NRA protecting it is a noble thing of the highest order.

The only thing donkey boy here knows is RHETORIC i.e. useless talk because that's all people like him do is sit around and talk to make themselves feel good, smart and powerful. None of them seem to comprehend the value of taking action on real solutions to anything of significance be it gun violence, illegal immigration, voter reform etc...
they just continue to spew RHETORIC to make it appear to their mentally defective party followers that they are "trying" to do something while actually preventing anything of significance from occuring. They are the epitome of failed and ineffective. When you look at their chosen actions it's clear their goal is simply to disrupt, confuse and corrupt their voters.

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
I never said the NRA is a victim. I responded to your statement of everyone coming together. Lets face it it's just not how your party works on this subject or any for that matter to be honest.

I've posted on this topic plenty of times so I am just repeating myself but whatever. I've also stated in the past that to think you can write laws to prevent deaths with a 100% success rate is not possible. I am not just talking about guns here either. We as humans since the beginning of time have found methods to end lives of others unfortunately before guns even existed.

You bring up mental health and pharmaceutical issues which is something to talk about. Let's try for a moment and look back in time before mental health was a huge issue though. In most cases what you call mental health in these kids comes from a.) failed parenting and b.) culture. Let's talk about culture for a second, today kids are taught that it's ok to throw a fit when they don't get there way. Kids are taught that if something bothers them they can have a safe space since they can't handle someone or a issue. Kids are taught that everyone wins in events and there are no losers so everyone gets a trophy. See the trend here? What happened to teaching kids hey if you want to win you need to try hard and put in work. What happened to if you want to make money you need to work hard up the latter to get there. What happened to if your kid did something really bad they got a ass whipping from there parents? This is where failure comes into play and what happens is in most cases people are given medication to deal with this from a young age and into becoming an adult. This is where the shift from culture to pharmaceutical happens and money is made. This is where actual mental disorder really matures and the real complications happen.

I think you need to take a step back and really evaluate what actually needs to be taken away and also what real preventative measures need to happen to prevent some of these events. If you notice I just brought up certain events like school shootings because you guys never want to talk about criminals because those don't make headline news as often and don't help your narrative of disarming everyone. You guys also don't like to hear when an armed citizen prevents something and again those don't make headline news for the same reason.

Thank you for an articulate, detailed response.

Reactions: Doc

spectras only

Reaction score
Only time I've been allowed to touch a weapon [AK47] in my old commie country was, when I was drafted to do mandatory military service.;)Owning a handgun was strictly prohibited. Only hunting and target practice rifles were allowed to obtain, after a serious background checks, which I actually agree with, regardless what country one lives in. RodndJen, with no chance of gun ownership. guess what the preferred weapon was used for killing and maiming? The good old axe.:eek:There wasn't a week, you didn't hear on the news that someone was killed by axe or knife. You can't stop crazy people from flying off the handle when they're going to snap.Ban guns, then vehicular assaults will start up.Ban knives, then machete attacks will be up.I like the idea of gun ownership reminding governments they are not invincible.:p

500bbc

Reaction score
Only time I've been allowed to touch a weapon [AK47] in my old commie country was, when I was drafted to do mandatory military service.;)Owning a handgun was strictly prohibited. Only hunting and target practice rifles were allowed to obtain, after a serious background checks, which I actually agree with, regardless what country one lives in. RodndJen, with no chance of gun ownership. guess what the preferred weapon was used for killing and maiming? The good old axe.:eek:There wasn't a week, you didn't hear on the news that someone was killed by axe or knife. You can't stop crazy people from flying off the handle when they're going to snap.Ban guns, then vehicular assaults will start up.Ban knives, then machete attacks will be up.I like the idea of gun ownership reminding governments they are not invincible.:p

Don't be silly, there were no murders or wars until firearms were invented.:rolleyes:

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
State stats don't show the actual areas where the majority of gun violence happens. Instead we should be looking at the metro areas as that is where the majority take place. And the violence is even more concentrated in poor urban areas known for gangs and high crime rates. It also should be refined down to the fact the high majority of murders are between folks with criminal records. In Philly for example, 93% of 1996 murders were folks with criminal records. Blacks who represent 13% of total US population were 55% of those murdered due to their violent urban lifestyles.

Again, drill down to see where attention is needed rather than make laws that effect other demographics without the risk. It's that simple and far from being an NRA issue.

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the United States
Below is the full list of the 25 most dangerous cities in the US, ranked by their Violent Crime Rate per 100,000 residents.

Rank City State Violent Crime Rate (per 100,000 residents)
1 St. Louis Missouri 1,817.10
2 Detroit Michigan 1,759.60
3 Memphis Tennessee 1,740.10
4 Milwaukee Wisconsin 1,596.10
5 Baltimore Maryland 1,535.90
6 Oakland California 1,442.50
7 Kansas City Missouri 1,417.30
8 Stockton California 1,352.00
9 Cleveland Ohio 1,334.30
10 Indianapolis Indiana 1,288.00
11 Washington District of Columbia 1,202.60
12 Toledo Ohio 1,128.90
13 Atlanta Georgia 1,119.60
14 Buffalo New York 1,118.60
15 Nashville Tennessee 1,101.00
16 Newark New Jersey 1,077.70
17 Anchorage Alaska 1,070.90
18 Minneapolis Minnesota 1,062.90
19 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 1,029.00
20 Miami Florida 1,021.30
21 Wichita Kansas 984.8
22 Houston Texas 966.7
23 Albuquerque New Mexico 965.8
24 New Orleans Louisiana 949.6
25 Orlando Florida 940.6
Again, the Party of Science aka democrats, don't actually do science, rather they rely on emotion. The OP proves this theory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

ram78d10

Reaction score

What part of "shall not be infringed" are we supposed to compromise on? Seems to me it's been compromised more than enough already.

RCDave

Reaction score
What part of "shall not be infringed" are we supposed to compromise on? Seems to me it's been compromised more than enough already.

It's called progressive. Progressive equals March toward the cliff

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Whats up Ramrod???
Long time no see!
They commute your sentence??

HotRod82

Reaction score

Stats that don't include suicide rates are useless to me.....

500bbc

Reaction score
Yeah, the warden sent me to New York back in August to take care of a little problem some of his friends had... Since it turned out so favorably, they cut me loose.
Good job Ramadan!

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

I’d like to see this list after you take out suicides, Leo involved shootings, gang related shootings, any shooting by a felon who shouldn’t have a gun. Also if states with extensive gun control laws have a lower mortality rate, then commyfornia should be pretty low on the list.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
USA stats
2018 - 40k vehicle deaths w/ 263 million vehicles
2017 - 40k deaths related to gun-deaths, w/ 393 million firearms (24k deaths are self inflicted)
2018 - 600k cancer related deaths, 330 million population

lets do some math

40% more likely to die in a car accident that a firearm
584,000 more cancer relate deaths annually than firearm death..

???

how much $$$ is donated annually for Cancer research?????????

I can cure cancer in one year with all the $$$ and resources that are available...
$$$$$ BIG PHARMACY $$$$$$ will be out of a job when Cancer is cured...
HHMMM I wonder why they have not found a cure to date???

so what is the Big question???

what is more Proactive??

a. cure Cancer and save 600k deaths per year
b. take our weapons and save 16k lives per year.
c. shit take away our vehicles and save 40k lives annually.

YOU F-ING LIBS are IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can take my guns... I will die when you do... but I'm taking two of you down with me...

Bring It ON!!

RodnJen

Reaction score
I’d like to see this list after you take out suicides, Leo involved shootings, gang related shootings, any shooting by a felon who shouldn’t have a gun. Also if states with extensive gun control laws have a lower mortality rate, then commyfornia should be pretty low on the list.

Then look it up. It’s been discussed here time and time again.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Then look it up. It’s been discussed here time and time again.
It's in the urban violence stats when you drill down. Did you bother to read those findings? Like 93% of 1996 murders in Philadelphia were by folks with criminal records.

Why do you not address the facts that general population gun laws are not the solution. Addressing the issues of the specific groups of people committing the crimes directly is the only way to effectively stop the violence. Taking away the rights of responsible citizens does not change the action of the irresponsible citizens. If "your side" could understand that simple fact, and be trusted to use your common sense rather than your emotions, honest decisions could be made which would bring fair and effective changes. As it stands, no ground can be given or your folks will take advantage of the rights of responsible citizens. If you want compromise by all, you must take your emotions out of the decision making and be honest about root causes.

500bbc

Reaction score
It's in the urban violence stats when you drill down. Did you bother to read those findings? Like 93% of 1996 murders in Philadelphia were by folks with criminal records.

Why do you not address the facts that general population gun laws are not the solution. Addressing the issues of the specific groups of people committing the crimes directly is the only way to effectively stop the violence. Taking away the rights of responsible citizens does not change the action of the irresponsible citizens. If "your side" could understand that simple fact, and be trusted to use your common sense rather than your emotions, honest decisions could be made which would bring fair and effective changes. As it stands, no ground can be given or your folks will take advantage of the rights of responsible citizens. If you want compromise by all, you must take your emotions out of the decision making and be honest about root causes.

Because in his feeble mind that is RACIST!

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
Guys, it really makes no difference to the DIMS, hell, they don't even know the definition of " progressive". In their " REGRESSIVE " minds, they can't comprehend anything more than one syllable .

Old Texan

Reaction score
Because in his feeble mind that is RACIST!
That's it in a nutshell. They label reality as racist. The facts are in the statistics of the urban violence. Like it or not, poor minorities make up the overwhelming part of the violence issues yet, libs will fight to their dying breath to defend the rights to kill each other while it's blamed on responsible society.

Poor members of black America are the majority incarcerated because they commit the most crimes. If responsible blacks do no want to get pulled into that stigma, then fucking do something to stop the crimes and bring the neighborhoods back to a safe state. If a white guy tries to point out the facts, he's either labeled racist or told he hasn't walked in the shoes of a black man in society. These folks need to get over themselves. I do not hate blacks, I hate the crimes committed by blacks and hate the fact they won't force their own to stop the hate and violence tearing their living space apart. I am not the racist person in this issue, those who can't face reality of the issue are the racists......It's that simple.

Note: A C&P from Chilly will appear shortly contradicting my "facts". Wait for it:rolleyes: