WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Extreme Sport Chassis

RDP1

Reaction score
Need a truck that can haul your toys? If you haven't checked out this website, you should. Extreme Sport Chassis has the truck for you. Super deals and they order, sell, buy and trade! Yep, consignments are welcome too . If you didn't get a chance to see these guys at the Sand, Water and RV Expo here in Havasu, check out their website for more info: https://www.extremesportchassis.com/sportchassis-for-sale Scott 1.jpg
Extreme bold outline Logo.png
12655 18th Street Redlands, CA 92373 909-810-1401

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Don’t spam the lounge...but if you must, please include a link to the website [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I know this isn't the reason you'd buy one of these, but out of curiosity..... What kind of mileage do these things get unloaded?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
I got 12 to 14 and it didn't matter if i was towing or not, but the Cigarette was only 10k pounds, speed effected it more than towing

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I know this isn't the reason you'd buy one of these, but out of curiosity..... What kind of mileage do these things get unloaded?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

8-10 on ours towing or not and doesn’t matter what’s being towed. Speed and boost are the biggest factors. We have the older style it’s a 2000

03C4C7B2-D32D-48C5-B613-CFD431C8F00F.jpeg
0E04F5C3-E6B2-432D-AB2F-705B3B44D741.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

Outlaw Boat Transport

Reaction score
I get 8 to 9 mpg but I have the large 12.7 MBZ 450hp engine , And Extreme Sport Chassis is the place to go. Scott and crew are the best

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
8-10 on ours towing or not and doesn’t matter what’s being towed. Speed and boost are the biggest factors. We have the older style it’s a 2000

View attachment 822958 View attachment 822959
that's what I got with mine,...though something was wrong because everyone else said they got 15-17, that and it only had rear air ride and no air seat... talk about a ruff ride.... so I sold it...:D

brownsuger

Reaction score
that's what I got with mine,...though something was wrong because everyone else said they got 15-17, tha

I love guys that "Brag" about great mileage with their trucks.... doesn't matter the brand... I've had them all, Ford, Chevy and Dodge and none got any kind of mileage.... I always found it funny when a guy pulls in next to you to get fuel and asks what kind of mileage you get? I always tell it like it is.... and almost always they string some line of BS.... Oh, I get 20 or 25 or some crap..... Yeah right.... F'n morons....

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I love guys that "Brag" about great mileage with their trucks.... doesn't matter the brand... I've had them all, Ford, Chevy and Dodge and none got any kind of mileage.... I always found it funny when a guy pulls in next to you to get fuel and asks what kind of mileage you get? I always tell it like it is.... and almost always they string some line of BS.... Oh, I get 20 or 25 or some crap..... Yeah right.... F'n morons....

I could see better gas mileage in some trucks. Big factor is the rear end gearing, smog crap & how fast you drive. My F450 4x4 with 483 gears/19.5 wheels gets 8-9 mpg towing or not at 65 mph. My Dodge 3500 4x4 with 410 gears/17 wheels - 36” high tires gets 14-17 mpg at 65 mph. If I’m towing it drops to 8-11 mpg. Depends on the hills and wind. The Dodge is 2003 all pre smog, has 135k miles. I noticed that after 100k the mileage got better. If you go 70, the mileage starts dropping substantially. Goes really downhill after that.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
sportchassis3.jpg

Not only are they great trucks, but Extreme Sport Chassis is a great dealer. Scott and his wonderful wife are detail oriented, thorough and most importantly, honest.

As to mileage, We just drove a heavy trailer back to Skater. Trailer weighs 11K. I got around 8 there (but who cares) and about 10 coming home empty (but who cares). These are purpose built vehicles made to safely tow heavy toys. I was driving around 71-72 all the way, both directions. Mine is a Cummins 350/Allison 6 speed. I'm sure the P4XL is geared quite differently than the P2XL's.

As to ride quality...yes. :eek: loaded, fine. Empty can be a bit exciting. Driving through both St. Louis and OKC empty sucked. Serta air seats make a yuuuge difference.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
that's what I got with mine,...though something was wrong because everyone else said they got 15-17, that and it only had rear air ride and no air seat... talk about a ruff ride.... so I sold it...:D

ours has rear air, air ride cab and front air ride seats. Even then they are no luxury vehicle, just a modified tow truck.

Taboma

Reaction score
View attachment 822977

Not only are they great trucks, but Extreme Sport Chassis is a great dealer. Scott and his wonderful wife are detail oriented, thorough and most importantly, honest.

As to mileage, We just drove a heavy trailer back to Skater. Trailer weighs 11K. I got around 8 there (but who cares) and about 10 coming home empty (but who cares). These are purpose built vehicles made to safely tow heavy toys. I was driving around 71-72 all the way, both directions. Mine is a Cummins 350/Allison 6 speed. I'm sure the P4XL is geared quite differently than the P2XL's.

As to ride quality...yes. :eek: loaded, fine. Empty can be a bit exciting. Driving through both St. Louis and OKC empty sucked. Serta air seats make a yuuuge difference.

Is the P4XL a 4x4 ?

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
View attachment 822977

Nganga…...is that 4 wheel drive? or some sort of lock out? do you need any special license or CDL for driving these? for personal use.? thanks

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Is the P4XL a 4x4 ?

Correct. BUT, the P4XL is an air brake chassis, P2XL is not. I really wanted 4X4. My wife does all our launching and recovery. I don't want to put her in a situation on unfamiliar or slippery ramps that gets ugly. They cost more but they also hold value well. Sport Chassis only builds 1-2 P4XL's a years.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Nganga…...is that 4 wheel drive? or some sort of lock out? do you need any special license or CDL for driving these? for personal use.? thanks

Yes 4 wheel drive. And yes a CDL is forthcoming. Its funny, I hear all kinds of stuff from everyone. The letter of the law says-yes, CDL. But I've heard that since its privately owned and operated privately, I don't.

I'm going to get the full class A CDL to not have any questions out on the road, towing to events. Same reason I bought a tilt trailer. Boat is 10' 8" and I don't want to get stopped by some State Patrol guy that has nothing better to do. I want to hook up and roll!!

Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Unless one has a huge boat or massive trailer, I can’t imagine buying one of these. They ride like shit. Seems a dually would be more than enough for most people. But I guess a dually isn’t showing off enough for some........

pkbullet

Reaction score
How do these compare to the sport trucks built in Phoenix?

Tank

Reaction score
Yes 4 wheel drive. And yes a CDL is forthcoming. Its funny. I hear all kinds of stuff from everyone. The letter of the law says-yes, CDL. But I've heard that since its privately owned and operated privately, I don't.

I'm going to get the full class A CDL to not have any questions out on the road, towing to events. Same reason I bought a tilt trailer. Boat is 10' 8" and I don't want to get stopped by some State Patrol guy that has nothing better to do. I want to hook up and roll!!

I would recommend getting a "non commercial Class A" license. There's some funky rules with the commercial license. Specifically it can be difficult in certain cases to get traffic school for moving violations and the violation will usually stay showing on your record (for you insurance to see) even if you do go to traffic school. Commercial Class A holders used to not be able to attend traffic school at all, even when cited "off duty" unitl a bill was passed in 2013 loosening that restriction but not 100% getting rid of it.

• The new law allows drivers to attend traffic school to have demerit points for violations withheld from their personal driving records.
  • However, the new law won’t mask infractions so they are still viewed by insurance companies (subjecting driver’s to possible insurance increases) and must still be recorded in a commercial drivers’ commercial driving records.
However, if convicted twice within 3 years of the following off-duty traffic violations, there are still serious penalties:

• Any violation involving drugs or alcohol
  • Excessive speeding defined as 15 miles or more over the limit
  • Reckless driving
  • Improper or erratic lane changes
  • Following too closely
Shit happens and if god forbid something noted above did happen it's going to suck to begin with but a commercial Class A could majorly compound the problem. If you obtain the non-commercial Class A you wont be subject to these rules / laws and will still be able to drive/tow your rig and new Skater.

And yes, by law it's required. 99% of the time you wont be hassled but I had a friend towing a 40 Hallet behind a crew cab dually that was stopped and forced to drop the trailer where it sat and proceed to the DMV immediately to obtain a Class A license due to length / weight. Roll of the dice and you're driving through various states so even more sketchy.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I would recommend getting a "non commercial Class A" license. There's some funky rules with the commercial license. Specifically it can be difficult in certain cases to get traffic school for moving violations and the violation will usually stay showing on your record (for you insurance to see) even if you do go to traffic school. Commercial Class A holders used to not be able to attend traffic school at all, even when cited "off duty" unitl a bill was passed in 2013 loosening that restriction but not 100% getting rid of it.

• The new law allows drivers to attend traffic school to have demerit points for violations withheld from their personal driving records.
  • However, the new law won’t mask infractions so they are still viewed by insurance companies (subjecting driver’s to possible insurance increases) and must still be recorded in a commercial drivers’ commercial driving records.
However, if convicted twice within 3 years of the following off-duty traffic violations, there are still serious penalties:

• Reckless driving
  • Following too closely
Shit happens and if god forbid something noted above did happen it's going to suck to begin with but a commercial Class A could majorly compound the problem. If you obtain the non-commercial Class A you wont be subject to these rules / laws and will still be able to drive/tow your rig and new Skater.

And yes, by law it's required. 99% of the time you wont be hassled but I had a friend towing a 40 Hallet behind a crew cab dually that was stopped and forced to drop the trailer where it sat and proceed to the DMV immediately to obtain a Class A license due to length / weight. Roll of the dice and you're driving through various states so even more sketchy.

Thanks for that Tank. I didn't realize that was even an option. I will for sure pursue that course.

Thanks again.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I got 12 to 14 and it didn't matter if i was towing or not, but the Cigarette was only 10k pounds, speed effected it more than towing
Yeah my dads F650 gets 12mpg no matter what. Key is to keep it around 1800rpm ~70mph. 214 gallons of fuel gives you a 2000+ mile range!

Honestly if you think about it, that’s pretty damn good for a 15,000lb truck that’s as aerodynamic as a brick...

667257F2-03C2-4ECF-8135-404D2AA2E224.jpeg

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

• Reckless driving
  • Following too closely

Ya, it’s a bit more responsibility when your driving even your personal car. Forget about having a beer at dinner and driving home too.

I haven’t used it for my career in 17+ years but keep my license active for reasons you outlined.

The few times I’ve had the law man light me up my CDL has gotten me out of more tickets than if I hadn’t had it. They didn’t want to jeopardize my CDL job and let me off with a warning.

Of course it was all fairly minor stuff but because they thought I used my CDL for work they were hesitant to write me the ticket. Who am I to argue lol

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks for that Tank. I didn't realize that was even an option. I will for sure pursue that course.

Thanks again.

Another thing I failed to mention, if you do have the commercial Class A and get a ticket in your Sport Chasis pulling the boat, you're screwed. No traffic school since the rig is considered commercial grade.

Go with the non-commercial class A and you'll be dialed.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
The only disadvantage i ever had with the Sportchassis over my F450 was you could not go into a drive thru at fast food places ( and for a lot of reasons that was a good thing)
Even thou they cost more to purchase than a pickup in the long run they are cheaper
Both Sportchassis i had i bought used, had them for a few years each and sold them both for more than i paid. They turn better than a F450, better mileage. less money on maintenance.
parked side by side they are the same length and width as the F450 just way taller,
i know most people don't drive across country but when going for long drives you can't even compare the comfort.
They are not sport cars but still a blast to drive.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Class A non commercial is the way to go for sure with these trucks.bit the led change depending on which set up you have. We have hydraulic brakes to the firewall (FL60) which changes licensing requirements of you have full air brakes it’s different.
Class A requirements (comml or Non comml) are going to reliant on what you’re towing. My mom’s trAiler hooked up to the truck doesn’t require class A. My new trailer hooked up to the same truck does.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The only disadvantage i ever had with the Sportchassis over my F450 was you could not go into a drive thru at fast food places ( and for a lot of reasons that was a good thing)
Even thou they cost more to purchase than a pickup in the long run they are cheaper
Both Sportchassis i had i bought used, had them for a few years each and sold them both for more than i paid. They turn better than a F450, better mileage. less money on maintenance.
parked side by side they are the same length and width as the F450 just way taller,
i know most people don't drive across country but when going for long drives you can't even compare the comfort.
They are not sport cars but still a blast to drive.

that is true. If you’re going to putt Round town or put down 2-300 miles a standard truck rides better. But for a x country road trip towing, that’s where they belong.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Yeah my dads F650 gets 12mpg no matter what. Key is to keep it around 1800rpm ~70mph. 214 gallons of fuel gives you a 2000+ mile range!

Honestly if you think about it, that’s pretty damn good for a 15,000lb truck that’s as aerodynamic as a brick...

View attachment 822985

That's the same (or better) than my 1500HD. Damn