WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Overweight boat owners must read....

BingerFang

Reaction score
I ride outside quite a bit but the weather and darkness this time of year puts a dent in that. We have been talking about getting one, what do they run, about $3000?

$2,250 (+tax) for bike only shipped to your door with installation. The clip-in shoes are the only item I highly recommend. If you already have clip-ins from your other bike they will work as long as the bottoms are LOOK Delta 9 compatible or you can purchase the clips seperate online for $15 bucks on amazon and screw them into your existing cleats.

If you don't have any of that stuff or a heart rate monitor I recommend buying one of their packages for convenience sake.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
$2,250 (+tax) for bike only shipped to your door with installation. The clip-in shoes are the only item I highly recommend. If you already have clip-ins from your other bike they will work as long as the bottoms are LOOK Delta 9 compatible or you can purchase the clips seperate online for $15 bucks on amazon and screw them into your existing cleats.

If you don't have any of that stuff or a heart rate monitor I recommend buying one of their packages for convenience sake.
I use looks now on my road bike, thx for the info.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Mmmmmmm what darkness? :D

15787839-DDEA-4170-A38F-8259A57D6EF0.jpeg
6306D6BB-A75F-4C62-A028-04338FE302EA.jpeg

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
The reason I posted this was because of the convenience the Peloton brings. The inconvenience that your scenic bike ride requires is the reason why most don't do it.

The Peloton eliminates almost every excuse not to get in shape and live a happier/healthier life.
Binger Fang and i ride all the time on MTB and road bikes. We both rode every weekday for two years in college together. And we raced MTB race Over the Hump Series at lake irvine through summer. We both have the pelatons now to supplement getting outside esp when its getting dark at 4:30 or raining, or you have a family and maybe only have 30 min to spare. 30 min on a stationary bike will rip your guts out and then you can walk into the next room and have dinner. The classes make it easy to push yourself at home. Monthly its cheaper then a gym or the RDP Online Magazine subscription.
See:
I could be wrong, but I think Waffles was including all bikes (stationary too like Peloton). The salad, fatty comment was a member just trying to be funny (which was funny and why I liked both that comment and Waffles).

I feel any exercise anyone can do is great. Diet is 90% of the equation, 10% is fitness. However, if you add in more fitness, your diet can sway slightly more without it affecting your weight or overall condition.

Convenience doesnt necessarily always mean that its a good thing.
Convenience always makes sense on paper. But realistically when it comes to "home gyms", i think it has a detrimental effect.
You said "The inconvenience that your scenic bike ride requires is the reason why most don't do it.".....but in the same breath isnt that the same reason people that own home gyms, treadmills, stationary bikes also dont do it? Because the convenience of having it at home and having that mindset of "eh ill just do it tomorrow".
I get on my Fuji and ride 15 miles out, i have no choice but to ride 15 miles back. I go out for a run, i have no choice but to run or walk back home.
If youre trying to push fitness here, good luck lol.

Side note: @BingerFang and @white tortilla ....you guys seem pretty invested into the sport. Why did you invest in a peloton over, lets say, a Wahoo Kickr?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
See:

Side note: @BingerFang and @white tortilla ....you guys seem pretty invested into the sport. Why did you invest in a peloton over, lets say, a Wahoo Kickr?

I was going to ask the same question. I have two Wahoo Kickrs (wife's and mine). We use TrainerRoad (I am actually on their site as an ugly model) and my wife uses Zwift. She loves it!

The cool thing about using a "smart trainer" with a protocol like Zwift or Trainer Road is when the program brings the watts up or your ride is going up hill the trainer resistance goes up. Super cool. When go downhill it gets easier.

Zwift. More fun than Trainer road but the actually training isn't quite as good. https://zwift.com/ca?utm_source=goo...wlCsO6LKaV-92jeC-mGWIbrxjzktp9RBoCl7IQAvD_BwE

Trainer Road. Serious workouts for people who want to lose weight quickly and go fast as they can.
https://www.trainerroad.com/

Here are some of the Wahoo trainers. There are lots of companies making smart trainers now, but Wahoo was our choice.
https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-trainers

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question. I have two Wahoo Kickrs (wife's and mine). We use TrainerRoad (I am actually on their site as an ugly model) and my wife uses Zwift. She loves it!

The cool thing about using a "smart trainer" with a protocol like Zwift or Trainer Road is when the program brings the watts up or your ride is going up hill the trainer resistance goes up. Super cool. When go downhill it gets easier.

Zwift. More fun than Trainer road but the actually training isn't quite as good. https://zwift.com/ca?utm_source=goo...wlCsO6LKaV-92jeC-mGWIbrxjzktp9RBoCl7IQAvD_BwE

Trainer Road. Serious workouts for people who want to lose weight quickly and go fast as they can.

Here are some of the Wahoo trainers. There are lots of companies making smart trainers now, but Wahoo was our choice.

And youre in YOUR saddle. $2k + monthly membership to have "smoking hot girls" teach me classes? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no lmao

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Inmates sitting behind their keyboard like I can buy a Peloton or two more broken down jet boats. Hmm.:p

BingerFang

Reaction score
See:

Back to convenience. I can keep my road bike a road bike and not take it apart every time I want to jump on a trainer for 45 minutes.

And youre in YOUR saddle. $2k + monthly membership to have "smoking hot girls" teach me classes? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no lmao

How many RDP'ers already have their own saddle though? I bet you can count all of them on 1 hand.

How many RDP'ers have an extra $2,500 bucks, need to get in shape and enjoy staring at beautiful women? Lol

I'll be the first to admit, it's not for everyone. However, I think it is an awesome solution for the majority of people that want to get in shape. I bought one, loved it and thought I'd share my genuine experience with an awesome product.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Biking and rowing are one of the best exercise/sports out there. Definitely one of the most grueling. So many benefits from either one.

JD D05

Reaction score
I did some digging and came up
Empty handed... care to share? If not I believe you... hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall the name of the thread or anything. It's been awhile.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Everything is getting ridiculous in the world now.

So a commercial with a guy buying his wife jewelry is okay. An expensive piece of workout equipment is not.

GM should be getting shit with the husband that bought his wife an SUV, but she wanted the truck!!!

Heard today there is a group now protesting historical plantations used for weddings and such . So now whatever wedding online companies are dropping them from there sites...

BingerFang

Reaction score
How does the Peleton data compare to logging the activity on your Garmin Fenix? Are they at all similar?

i wear a chest strap and run my Garmin watch separately. The Garmin is surprisingly close as far as heart rate goes but the Peloton picks up Cadence and Output where the Garmin obviously cannot.

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
Ours is being delivered this Sunday. We cancelled HBO, Showtime and Starz to offset the cost of the monthly subscription for now. $62/month divided in half and 0%APR makes it extremely affordable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BingerFang

Reaction score
Ours is being delivered this Sunday. We cancelled HBO, Showtime and Starz to offset the cost of the monthly subscription for now. $62/month divided in half and 0%APR makes it extremely affordable.

Congrats! You will not be disappointed.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I canceled all my movie channels last month as well. That’s a good way to justify it!

So here I am again.
Peloton or Q7?
Decisions...

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

I only ride my Kurt Kinetic when there are no other options. You being a lifelong cyclist have heard "Belgium Tough". I subscribe to this. The Belgium racers have always done exponentially better, the worse the conditions are. Wind, rain, dark or cobble the Begium's ride to the front. Their culture has always defined hard core cyclists.

I dropped out of the longest MTB race in the world due to not being tough enough. I will not let that happen ever again. I go outside and suffer. I get it, that's not for everyone. But I'm certain you get it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

They have 0% financing on them now?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I only ride my Kurt Kinetic when there are no other options. You being a lifelong cyclist have heard "Belgium Tough". I subscribe to this. The Belgium racers have always done exponentially better, the worse the conditions are. Wind, rain, dark or cobble the Begium's ride to the front. Their culture has always defined hard core cyclists.

I dropped out of the longest MTB race in the world due to not being tough enough. I will not let that happen ever again. I go outside and suffer. I get it, that's not for everyone. But I'm certain you get it.

Well there is some truth to what you say. Unfortunately when you work a lot and it's dark when you get up, dark when you get home, a super hard hour on the trainer is like 2.5hours on the road. I walk to my trainer in my bibs, put on my shoes and grab a towel. No prepping my bike, pumping up tires, packing nutrition, putting on a kit, etc etc. My best year racing with my highest power doing lots of Pro 1-2 races in my 40s I was riding the trainer the most. Trainers really give you that specificity you just can't get on the road.

Honestly, I don't like riding the trainer. I would rather be on the road or offroad any day. That's why I ride my bike to work so much. Sometimes time just doesn't allow for that. Now that I don't race any longer, I just ride the trainer to stay fit and if I don't do a full hour of sub threshold, so be it. Anything is better than nothing.

Most of the best pros now spend as much time on the trainer as they do the road. Bradley Wiggins spent his last six weeks leading up to his winning Tour exclusively on the trainer.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Here’s my 50 minute ride this morning. I’m just getting into cycling at the gym. It’s hard at first but it gets addictive. Crazy how much you sweat and you feel great the rest of the day.

View attachment 823022

RAD!!! Good for you man! I agree with you how it makes you feel.

Not to pat my self on the back but now you know what certain watts feel like; my best ever was 351 watts for one hour at 159lbs. Watts are a great training tool as there are no variables like heart rate. Heart rates can be affected by so many things and give you incorrect base lines. Caffine, no sleep, too much sleep, etc. Watts are watts. If you are making 200, you are making 200watts. Its all power to weight ratio as well or watts per kilogram. So the less you weigh the more power you make per your weight and that equates to going faster!

Keep up the good work buddy!

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Well there is some truth to what you say. Unfortunately when you work a lot and it's dark when you get up, dark when you get home, a super hard hour on the trainer is like 2.5hours on the road. I walk to my trainer in my bibs, put on my shoes and grab a towel. No prepping my bike, pumping up tires, packing nutrition, putting on a kit, etc etc. My best year racing with my highest power doing lots of Pro 1-2 races in my 40s I was riding the trainer the most. Trainers really give you that specificity you just can't get on the road.

Honestly, I don't like riding the trainer. I would rather be on the road or offroad any day. That's why I ride my bike to work so much. Sometimes time just doesn't allow for that. Now that I don't race any longer, I just ride the trainer to stay fit and if I don't do a full hour of sub threshold, so be it. Anything is better than nothing.

Most of the best pros now spend as much time on the trainer as they do the road. Bradley Wiggins spent his last six weeks leading up to his winning Tour exclusively on the trainer.

Don't get me wrong, I ride on the trainer when I have to Thanksgiving day my coach had me 2:45 on the bike. It was pouring out so she gave me 75 minutes @ 185/84 that is far more difficult than doing moderate intervals on the road. I wont do the apps to make the trainer tolerable, simply because I don't want it to be tolerable.

My wife cannot believe how much sweat pours off of me when on the trainer. I try to be extremely disciplined and try to make no excuses. They become a habit and then a cop-out. My job allows me to train before work, as it gets safe light. go to work afterwards.

I was off for two years with terrible hamstring tendinopathy. THAT was the worst pain a cyclist ever has...NOT being able to riding.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I think it's great that people are working to stay fit (especially on this site), but aren't those stationary bikes painfully boring?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I think it's great that people are working to stay fit (especially on this site), but aren't those stationary bikes painfully boring?

I think that is why people enjoy the Peloton because there is interaction.

My wife and I both ride trainers that are called "smart" trainers. With the programs we use there is interaction as the interval gets harder, the trainer's resistance gets harder. On Zwift you are actually riding in the program with thousands of others in virtual worlds. When the hill goes up the trainer gets harder, when you go down hill the trainer gets easier. It really makes the time pass.

I don't really get bored until slightly over a few hours.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Kudos to you, 351 watts for an hour is fucking insane.

Of course there is more to being fast than high wattage. I really used to like to time trial. I was pretty aero on the bike and could do a 50min 40k with only around 315 or less watts. Most guys need a lot more than that to do a similar time (sub hour 40k is most people's goal). When I was a Cat 4 then 3 I think I won more races for being smart than power. Cat 5s and 4s were always full of these ex triathlete guys that made huge power but just didn't know how to use it.

I am lucky to do 280 watts for an hour now and I weigh more than I did when I was racing however, I am happier. Racing really changes your life; well if you want to be successful. I got to a point where I didn't want to go out of town to visit family or for a trip more than two days as I was worried to miss training. I wouldn't go to happy hour because I wanted to get home and put hours in on the trainer. My diet has always been pretty good as I keep pizza and such to a minimum. I actually was able to eat more shit when I was racing and still stay super lean. Oh the days.