WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fork lift

guest hs

Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy a warehouse type fork lift for a reasonable price between Vegas and Parker

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Reasonable seems to be a relative term. There was a shop advertising in both equipment trader and on CL that seemed to be fair, and they were out of Vegas. Cheapest bet is finding a shop upgrading or going under.

Don't forget to get delivery/transport costs figured in. That can be a real kick to the teeth.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cheap and new:

Check into the Mahindra ACE and delivery.
Probably get one drop shipped.
The forks slide on easily, the headache rack is in sections and bolts together too.
Not that big of a deal.

Last edited:

jones performance

Reaction score
craigslist is a good start. you will find it in vegas for sure as there are forklift companies and dealers in that area. phoenix is another market to look. the shit youll find in kingman havasu or parker most likely will be some clapped out junk.

if your wanting a propane lift stick with toyota, komatsu, hyster. clark lifts were once great machines but parts can be hard to get for older models. electrics stick with raymond or crown. the electric cat's are raymond inside as well (depending on model) and raymond is owned by toyota.

guest hs

Reaction score
Cheap and new:

Check into the Mahindra ACE and delivery.
Probably get one drop shipped.
The forks slide on easily, the headache rack is in sections and bolts together too.
Not that big of a deal.
Do you have a link?

rrrr

Reaction score
I have a 5,000 lb triple mast Tusk. It runs on propane and has a Nissan four banger. It's a good lift, if you run across one check it out.

Reactions: TPC

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
My classic Heister 40 (the old tripod model) is a little temperamental but is older than most on this forum (back to the temperamental thing again....) and is still strong as a beast.
Probably not what you want though for regular use.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
X2 on the Nissan lifts. I bought a 3500lb and a 5000lb propane lifts 18years ago and they were used when I got them. Just like most forklifts, they get the shit beat out of them, but these things keep going. Keep up on the maintenance. Biggest thing I go through is seats and tires.

rrrr

Reaction score
Clark lifts were once great machines but parts can be hard to get for older models. Electrics, stick with Raymond or Crown. The electric Cats are Raymond inside as well (depending on model), and Raymond is owned by Toyota.

In 1994, I bought a beat up looking 1973 5,000 lb Clark electric at an auction for $500. I think the faded paint, torn seat, and overall filth scared away other bids. It was in service for seventeen years, used every day in the busy 10,000 SF warehouse of my general contracting business.

The only maintenance it needed over the years was one new set of tires, a replacement master brake cylinder, new brake shoes, and a couple of hydraulic hoses.

When the battery finally died, I sold it to the forklift undertaker. He gave me $250 and hauled it away.