WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who Do You Use For Email Host?

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
I have my own domain for my business but am retired now so don;t need to pay for it anymore.

I had a couple different Yahoo email addresses but hate their site so would like to switch to one that isn't such a liberal tool.

Who do you guys use?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Gmail for personal.

If you want to keep your existing email address, I can set you up with that if you want.

Give me a call if you're interested

BajaMike

Reaction score
Just remember Gmail stores everything forever. They never delete any of your data.

That’s right.....Blackberry saves (archives) all their emails also (even deleted emails), but the FBI never thought of getting all of Hillary’s emails from Blackberry. She famously used a Blackberry for the first few years of her time as Sec State.

She probably had the “Blackberry Service” installed on her email server, but that is only a mirror of the Blackberry data center servers, which are (or were) backed up all over the world. Destroying or “wiping” her server does not affect what’s on the main Blackberry server network.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
In this day and age, all this shit is stored somewhere- Some admit it and some don't

BajaMike

Reaction score
I have my own domain for my business but am retired now so don;t need to pay for it anymore.

I had a couple different Yahoo email addresses but hate their site so would like to switch to one that isn't such a liberal tool.

Who do you guys use?

If you use Apple products, iCloud is handy because it syncs with all your devices, email, calendar, contacts, files, etc, and you can access all of those on a PC also.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
That’s right.....Blackberry saves (archives) all their emails also (even deleted emails), but the FBI never thought of getting all of Hillary’s emails from Blackberry. She famously used a Blackberry for the first few years of her time as Sec State.

She probably had the “Blackberry Service” installed on her email server, but that is only a mirror of the Blackberry data center servers, which are (or were) backed up all over the world. Destroying or “wiping” her server does not affect what’s on the main Blackberry server network.
So your saying blackberry didn't kill themselves?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
If you use Apple products, iCloud is handy because it syncs with all your devices, email, calendar, contacts, files, etc, and you can access all of those on a PC also.

So does every other web based email the world these days! :p

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Gmail for personal.
We have almost 200,000 email addresses in our Mailchimp list (email marketing-all previous transactions). I estimate 75% are Gmail.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Outlook and Yahoo.

Yahoo is goofy. If it hiccups it's a PITA to get it back up and running.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
office365 or google.

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
SBS Microsoft exchange server with Office 365 , Our internal IT guy has trust issues! I would love to have my company in the cloud. I am hoping someday he will trust Microsoft cloud as it gains marketshare.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Outlook and Yahoo.

Yahoo is goofy. If it hiccups it's a PITA to get it back up and running.

This is what I use and have for over 20 years. I found a site that sold me office 2016 for $25 or so, full edition

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
They all get hacked at one time or the other.
Prove me wrong. :p

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I have a domain with only an email acct.....its like $30-40 a year or something.

C-2

Reaction score
GSuite, the $6 per month paid version of Gmail.

Gsuite allows you to use Gmail to handle your website domain email. Your email address can be [email protected], but it looks and acts like a Gmail account. They also have bomb ass customer service. I called this morning and within a minute was on the phone with a competent service rep.

For you privacy freaks, you can create a PGP key, or use Proton Mail, but in order for your messages to be encrypted, the person receiving the message must also be using a the same type of service.