WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tamale Lovers ?

BajaMike

Reaction score
This is kinda fun if you like tamales. There are 50 to 60 booths so you can try them and pick out the best ones and take home bags of fresh or frozen tamales.

Also, plenty of beer,wine and margaritas. I can’t make it this year.

https://kesq.com/news/2019/12/06/indio-international-tamale-festival-kicks-off-this-weekend/

9ED8F0E3-354E-4887-AA16-6FA971C381D7.jpeg

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I’d love to go to that, but since I’ve lost all my weight, it seems that any carby food will instantly put the weight back on.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
I’d love to go to that, but since I’ve lost all my weight, it seems that any carby food will instantly put the weight back on.

Problem solved!

@BingerFang

BUY A PELOTON!!!!!! Best thing ever!!!

Advantages:
1. They deliver/install it at your home
2. You ride it at your own convenience
3. Smoking hot girls teach live classes all day everyday
4. Previously recorded classes are “on demand” so you can ride whenever works for you.
5. 5 to 90 minute classes available that will have you drenched in sweat
6. Did I mention the hot girls?
7. You will lose weight therefore your turd of a boat will pick up a few MPH.

Bottom line- It takes all the bullshit/hassle of going to the gym and offers a highly effective workout at your own convenience in the comfort of your home.

Use the code “River Dave’s Place” at checkout and receive absolutely nothing. Lol

Seriously though, it’s awesome and you will not be disappointed.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
I have some of those spreaders and they don't work that great I found a frosting knife seems to be the best however I have graduated (been promoted) on to become the folder and sampler. Who said hard work doesn't pay off. One of my favorites is to go buy chili verde already made and use that for filling. I'm all about the easy.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
We will be there for sure. I'm sure the wife will head straight to the Blue Corn Maiden booth for the chocolate raspberry and maybe they won't be sold out of the more exotic ones. The Elk and duck ones several years ago were amazing.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Problem solved!

@BingerFang

BUY A PELOTON!!!!!! Best thing ever!!!

Advantages:
1. They deliver/install it at your home
2. You ride it at your own convenience
3. Smoking hot girls teach live classes all day everyday
4. Previously recorded classes are “on demand” so you can ride whenever works for you.
5. 5 to 90 minute classes available that will have you drenched in sweat
6. Did I mention the hot girls?
7. You will lose weight therefore your turd of a boat will pick up a few MPH.

Bottom line- It takes all the bullshit/hassle of going to the gym and offers a highly effective workout at your own convenience in the comfort of your home.

Use the code “River Dave’s Place” at checkout and receive absolutely nothing. Lol

Seriously though, it’s awesome and you will not be disappointed.

Pretty creative, he shoehorned in a Peloton commercial on a post about a Tamale festival. Are you going to put these on every thread now?

77charger

Reaction score
My mom should be making some pretty soon.They are tasty for sure.

checkrd past

Reaction score
went a few back, its pretty amazing.this year we're going to the one in placentia on the 11th

BingerFang

Reaction score
Pretty creative, he shoehorned in a Peloton commercial on a post about a Tamale festival. Are you going to put these on every thread now?

I think it would be a great idea if he did.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Coming December 23, 2019...
The family makes about 25 dozen down from about 50+ when I meet her 35 years ago. Tradition used to be on Christmas eve starting at 4am. Currently starts about 6am on the 23 although the meats were prepared the day before. Red beef are the favorites but them green chili with potato's are fn hot!
They also make a few cheese as the kids love those.
I actually dont like tamales...:(

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wife is having a tamale-making party today.

Last time she had one:
14 gals
16 bottles of wine
400+ tamales

Toward the end, they were so drunk, each tamale was like it’s own Christmas present, because you had no idea what, if anything, was actually in it LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riverfamlee

Reaction score

LOL, I was just giving @Chili Palmer a hard time. He got me hooked on this Mexican joint in the IE.

Shit I don’t even own a Peloton but if keep going to that place I may need to order one

Last edited:

sirbob

Reaction score
Is there a tamale season?

And how many of the tamales at the festival are actually international?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The original Carl's Hamburger stand in S Central Los Angeles had outstanding tamales. Their original menu, with the tamales, is displayed inside the LHC Carl's Jr. I've no idea who or where they were made. Although there was a time when "Exlente" made a pretty fair tamale.

Last edited:

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Der Wienerschnitzel has Tamales, what more could you ask for?
Del Taco is now serving two tamales with both red and green sauces on top and sour cream. They are at least as good as a couple I had at the Indio fesitval today. We did find a few gems amongst the average offerings out there however. It seemed much smaller in size than previous years, but it did get us out to the rain.
We also came home with some promising new BBQ rub called Red Beard's out of Huntington Beach. Very nice guy grinding his own spices.

sintax

Reaction score
We started doing our fillings this weekend. I smoked a couple pork butts, and did some a giant pot of Birria. That will be our meat ones, and then we're going to do some hatch chillie and cheese. We'll assemble and steam next weekend. Last year we almost killed ourselves doing 200 + tamales start to finish in one weekend.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wife and the gals made 200 tamales last night...and downed quite a bit of booze LOL

But they turned out great [emoji106]

IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_8763.JPG
IMG_0086.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro