WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Creepers and Long Hair ...

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
While checking for rust on the underbelly of my car I rolled my hair up in a creeper wheel. The more I rolled about trying to get loose the tighter it got! :eek:

As I layed there for the last 15 min. it gave me time to ponder the meaning of life and if I could get loose in time for dinner. o_O

LuauLounge

Reaction score
You need a wider wheelbase creeper......or shorter hair.

wzuber

Reaction score
ohhh shit...that musta hurt. That sucks dude. The old school ones are more trouble that their worth half the time it seems, never want to go the direction I want to move. Good thing you had your phone with you so you could post about it as you lay there in pain trying to figure out how to get the fuck off of it w/o further pain and damage. :eek::mad: Should we dial 911 for you? what's your addy? lol

Wheeler

Reaction score
ohhh shit...that musta hurt. That sucks dude. The old school ones are more trouble that their worth half the time it seems, never want to go the direction I want to move. Good thing you had your phone with you so you could post about it as you lay there in pain trying to figure out how to get the fuck off of it w/o further pain and damage. :eek::mad: Should we dial 911 for you? what's your addy? lol

Last time this happened was in the early nineties. I won't make the same mistake again. :D

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
source.gif

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I use a giant piece of vinyl under the car. T-shirts and jeans I slide all over the place. Spills wipe up. Dirty floor doesn't matter.

Wheeler

Reaction score
The good news is that I'm not finding much rust in the normal places. The car is still in original paint and looks like one fender has been replaced. The floor pans and torque boxes look great! The engine is another story. I see rust in five cylinders and by rust, I mean a lot of it. :(

IMG_9515.JPG
IMG_9514.JPG
IMG_9513.JPG
IMG_9512.JPG
IMG_9511.JPG
IMG_9510.JPG

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Had the locks get wrapped up in a hand drill in shop class as kid. Shop teacher was pissed I focked up the new drill. :p

Wheeler

Reaction score
Had the locks get wrapped up in a hand drill in shop class as kid. Shop teacher was pissed I focked up the new drill. :p

That's scary shit. Highschool machine shop had photos of a chick that got her hair caught in a vert. mill. Ripped her face off to the chin, starting at the back of her skull. The did sew it back on though.

cofooter

Reaction score
My receding hair line has me a little self conscious and heaven forbid that I might go skinny dipping in cold water. No one wants to see that, especially me! :eek:
WHats your doo rag have to do with your peepee

Wheeler

Reaction score

Let's not get carried away here. :confused:

The neighbors and their friends were out over the Holidays and the women wanted to put my hair up in a bun.
After thinking about it, I should have let 'em. :)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This is why I haven't had long hair since the summer of '94. That shit hurt, and the creeper was hanging from my hair when I got up! Now days I also stay relatively clean shaven...When the goatee is below the face mask, and the mig spatter gets exciting, it sucks!

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Let's not get carried away here. :confused:

The neighbors and their friends were out over the Holidays and the women wanted to put my hair up in a bun.
After thinking about it, I should have let 'em. :)
And good for you on the cancer hair program. My sister in law does the same thing. There is a waiting list for the cut. Thank you.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Sounds horrible.. My son managed to get his hair sucked into his drones props.. Hes screaming and i run in and see the drone stuck to his head:D:D:D:p:p:p...omg im dying thinking about that shit...lmao

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Last time this happened was in the early nineties. I won't make the same mistake again. :D
You probably said the same thing in the early 90's. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wheeler

Reaction score
You probably said the same thing in the early 90's. [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now that you mention it. While working at my fathers shop in the seventies it happened quite often.

You might think I would have learned. o_O

rrrr

Reaction score

Still using a creeper after turning 100? You're a tough old bastard.

:D

Not to mention mopping up whatever the Exxon Valdez spilled on the shop floor that day.

About a week before the 2007 Indy 500, I accidently left the plug loose on the oil tank of our car, right before I had filled the tank and just before we had all left the garage for the day. It held eight liters of oil.

The next morning, I opened the personnel door and then raised the garage door to let the crew in. I was greeted by a huge oil slick that had spread out from the underside of the car.

Our crew chief immediately informed the crew that from that day forward I was to be known as Captain Hazelton, the alcoholic skipper of the Exxon Valdez which in 1989 had run aground in Prince William Sound and spilled 10.8 million gallons of crude oil.

:confused::D

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It's hard enough getting on the creeper without injury and even harder to get back on my feet. :p
I never could figure those damn things out! Thank God one doesn't need one very often working on boats since Noah built his!!:):)

500bbc

Reaction score
16 years old trying to teach myself body work on my Ford Vic and the drill motor with the sanding disc smacks me hard upside the head. Hey mom, cut this thing off my head. :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's scary shit. Highschool machine shop had photos of a chick that got her hair caught in a vert. mill. Ripped her face off to the chin, starting at the back of her skull. The did sew it back on though.

Jesus wheeler that is quite the picture you painted there.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Jesus wheeler that is quite the picture you painted there.

It worked as intended by the the machine shop teacher and I bet I'm not the only one that still brings it up.

I only wish auto shop had put up a pic with a shop creeper in it. ;)

500bbc

Reaction score
It worked as intended by the the machine shop teacher and I bet I'm not the only one that still brings it up.

I only wish auto shop had put up a pic with a shop creeper in it. ;)
Old framer I worked for carried a picture with him for our "safety meetings".
Guy that worked for him in the emergency room with an 18" auger bit in his head. He was drilling up through a block with the trigger lock on, the bit got caught in his shirt and he couldn't reach the trigger to shut it off. Another guy unplugged the cord. They took the drill motor off and ran him to emergency, boss said the nurse fainted.:eek:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Old framer I worked for carried a picture with him for our "safety meetings".
Guy that worked for him in the emergency room with an 18" auger bit in his head. He was drilling up through a block with the trigger lock on, the bit got caught in his shirt and he couldn't reach the trigger to shut it off. Another guy unplugged the cord. They took the drill motor off and ran him to emergency, boss said the nurse fainted.:eek:

Dayum! :eek:

I must say that after all these years you've finally creeped me out! :confused: