WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Going on 20 years...anyone longer?

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Ive Been In this house since 1996.... Im putting it on the market and gonna get another project. Im staying within my county and taking my tax base with me to the next stop.
500k limit on capital gains, then taxable. But add improvement, remodeling and other costs to offset.

waterhorse

Reaction score
I've been here for 24 years, bought out the ex wife and still sitting pretty good, RE value has gone up here on the Ca Central Coast. I'm not going anywhere, the entire summer here weather was in the hi 70s to low 80s and that is hard to beat, 10 miles to the beach, 75 miles to Naci. ;)

Baja 252

Reaction score
Built my first house in 1984, still live there.
Built new lake house at LOTO in 1987, still have it.

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
22 years yesterday, another 8 years and this bitch is paid for.. (unless I refi again to buy more toys)

brownsuger

Reaction score
We had the shell of our house put up in late 1989, we finished everything inside ourselves except for the flooring and plaster work. Moved in February 1990.... So almost 30 years....

dribble

Reaction score
Built my house in East Loomis near the lake in 1992 and lived in it until the ex walked out in 2015.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
35 years Here cant beat country life and the "neighborhood"
GCR 17.jpg
;)

AEA

Reaction score
Moved in in 1980. Did one of those "one wall left standing" remodels in 2000. We talk about moving, but do not have any sense of urgency.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
A little over 20 years here in Glendora...

Paid 184 for it. It's worth a couple more bucks now I think.

It will most likely go to my kids. :)

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Prop. 13 is real. I bought my sister out of the house we grew up in a dozen years back. It is a 1700 sq ft. tract home built in 1963 in Corona. Taxes are $844.22 for the year. Taxes on my house in Redlands that isn't much bigger but sits on .75 ac takes a check for $6200. That is a big fuggin difference. Those rent checks are going to finance a new boat interior in a few months.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
We’re approaching 14 years. Thought I’d stay much longer. But time to move on. This city isn’t going anywhere. Home values suck. They won’t recover to 2006 level before the next down turn. There’s more to it than that, but I’ve posted about it in other threads. Single when I bought and met my wife the day I moved in. We have 2 girls, 8 & 9. We’ll shed a tear or four when we sell next Spring.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Crazy, as my wife and I are the complete opposite. We have lived in five different homes in the last 17 years that we have owned. Add one rental we were in why home got built and that would be six in 17 years!

We are having a new home built now that will finished in about six months; so make that seven in 17 or so years! Ugh! Good part about moving is we tend to purge a lot of useless crap every time we move. Moving does suck and can be stressful but we have gotten pretty good at it :D

Last edited:

JDKRXW

Reaction score
For you guys that have lived there that long, at what point do you say this is going to be my last house?

When you know the house you're in will accommodate your needs until they carry you out feet first.
Example; if you or your wife can't handle stairs.....there's no point in living in a 2 story that doesn't have a bedroom / nice bathroom on the main floor.
Big bungalows are selling for big premiums over similar sq. foot split levels and 2 stories around here.

3.Slow

Reaction score
10 years in Eastvale, the house is a little small for our family. 3 bed plus a psuedo den/room, and 2.5 bath, 1750 sq ft with 7 people, but it works, bought it for a reasonable price in 08', I refuse to move and up my property taxes and be stuck with a 5 bedroom house when all the kids move out. I dont see myself moving in the next 27 years, maybe add a vacation house if the market takes a dip, but we are in this one for the long haul.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I find this thread fascinating how many people have stayed in their house for decades.

77charger

Reaction score
I find this thread fascinating how many people have stayed in their house for decades.
Overall it pays off imo. I'm not the type to have to have the latest and greatest. Like said earlier on this thread We're cashing out and with way we live it's gonna be semi retirement for me.

DrHW

Reaction score
Just sold our home in Laguna Niguel CA., after 25 years. South Orange County is an amazing place to live for sure. Retired November 5th and we are in LHC full time for now. We are thinking of a second home as well but need to get our New Construction Home set up first. I was somewhat concerned about retiring as I enjoyed what I did for a living. Truth be known, I am having a blast. We have Family in Parker, several friends all ready here and morefriends moving out here as we speak.