WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

YETI Hopper with magnetic closure

X-rated

Reaction score
Saw one of these yesterday and figured it was the tits. Other than it's 300 bux. I really like the quality of Yeti but always hated how hard the zippers are to open and close. I've been through a half dozen AO coolers in the last 5 years and looking to step things up. Anybody got one? Pro's and con's?

Reaper1

Reaction score
I run two of them on the boat, they work well. Just tell the kids/wife to close the zipper all the way!

Reactions: DWC

copterzach

Reaction score
Huge sales on Rtic right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Yeti pulled their money from the NRA.

Are they funding an anti gun organization anywhere?

I don’t see them as an anti gun Corp. They open up their consumer base by not picking a side.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I don’t think Yeti has gone anti-gun yet, but they caved in at the last school shooting, hopped on the bandwagon and said they’re no long making donations to the NRA.

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t think Yeti has gone anti-gun yet, but they caved in at the last school shooting, hopped on the bandwagon and said they’re no long making donations to the NRA.

Chick Filet stopped funding anti gay organizations.

I think a lot of these businesses are finding that picking a side just loses money.

Funny how if a corporation stops funding an organization they suddenly become against that organization.

Pretty sure the business owners on here would be pretty pissed if they got called right/left wing because they stopped donating money to an organization.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I like the RTIC price point, but the zippers suck and so does the warranty, one year. YETI is three years, no questions asked, send it back and they send you a new one, and their zippers are far beefier.

sintax

Reaction score
I like the RTIC price point, but the zippers suck and so does the warranty, one year. YETI is three years, no questions asked, send it back and they send you a new one, and their zippers are far beefier.

I'll take my chances, I can buy 3 RTICs (of the same size) for the price of one Yeti. Would you spend 2x your cars price on auto insurance just for the chance you may get in an accident some day?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I'll take my chances, I can buy 3 RTICs (of the same size) for the price of one Yeti. Would you spend 2x your cars price on auto insurance just for the chance you may get in an accident some day?

no, but I have two RTICs with broken zippers that basically useless now, i was ok with paying to have them repaired at the factory, nope, the 9 year olds in china that build them dont do any repairs, they have no process for fixing them.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
This guy is great
"Beers just slide off the top" lol

Ice stays cold for WEEKS!
Have you seen the cost of ice?

2Driver

Reaction score
. Isn’t the whole point of their coolers to go in the middle of nowhere and kill shit and keep it fresh? Lol

No, it’s to impress your friends that you currently have enough disposable income to own a yeti.

My G-wagon came with a Yeti and 2 pair of Uggs. :D

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Saw one of these yesterday and figured it was the tits. Other than it's 300 bux. I really like the quality of Yeti but always hated how hard the zippers are to open and close. I've been through a half dozen AO coolers in the last 5 years and looking to step things up. Anybody got one? Pro's and con's?

IMG_8789.png
IMG_8790.png

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I can buy 4 AO coolers for the price of that. LOL.

I have 7 AO coolers. More than half leak. A couple that don’t leak have broken straps. My carbon fiber one is literally crumbling. Junk. I’ll never buy another one. And they are inferior in every way to my Yeti.

Adjustments.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have 7 AO coolers. More than half leak. A couple that don’t leak have broken straps. My carbon fiber one is literally crumbling. Junk. I’ll never buy another one. And they are inferior in every way to my Yeti.

View attachment 823366

I’ll buy a new AO every few years and be ahead.

Soft coolers are inferior, period. I’ve had my AO for 18 months, it’s held up great though.

W.O.T

Reaction score

View attachment 823366

That AO cooler has clearly spent most of its life in the sun haha. If you don't take care of your stuff its not going to perform the way it should.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

View attachment 823366

I know Paul. When you actually use the coolers multiple times a week it is worth getting a good cooler Yeti, Pelican etc. I have Yeti 65s, that I bought 5 years ago before all of these coolers where even ripped off. They are in perfect working order. I had a grave yard of igloo marine coolers in my side yard.

BajaMike

Reaction score

I bought a 3 pack (small, med, large) of American Outdoor coolers in 2004 (15 years ago, so you don’t have to do the math). The two I have left still work perfectly (my son lost the other one of) and never a single leak or tear.

I’ve traveled around the U.S. and around the world a few times with them, checked into the airline baggage, aside from boating and camping, and the zipper is perfect and so are the straps and case.

I wouldn’t buy a Yeti even if a needed one.....over priced and they are anti NRA.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
That AO cooler has clearly spent most of its life in the sun haha. If you don't take care of your stuff its not going to perform the way it should.

We boat a lot. But I always throw the coolers under the deck or throw a towel over them if we are at the sand bar and it’s on the back seat. It really doesn’t spend time in the sun. I use it in my rzr now, I have a black one that size also but it leaks like a siv and ends up muddy when you off-road.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We boat a lot. But I always throw the coolers under the deck or throw a towel over them if we are at the sand bar and it’s on the back seat. It really doesn’t spend time in the sun. I use it in my rzr now, I have a black one that size also but it leaks like a siv and ends up muddy when you off-road.

You can’t throw the empties back in :)

To your point, I’m not a fan of any carbon fiber style vinyl, simply not as strong of a material. The one I have in my RZR is the shiny vinyl style.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I’m super careful about empties. Especially if they’ve been crushed. Doesn’t mean I can police everyone who gets in my coolers. The good thing about the Yeti is that its not thin like a ziplock baggie and you can actually throw things in it without worrying about it getting cut, including ice. Which is what I think cuts the AO coolers more than cans.

Riley1

Reaction score
I’ll buy a new AO every few years and be ahead.

Soft coolers are inferior, period. I’ve had my AO for 18 months, it’s held up great though.
I have 4 AO coolers. None of the leak. They are all the “Made in US” ones though. I take my lunch to work in one daily.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
2 AO coolers..... one got a leak - fixed for free. same one got a seam at top separated - fixed for free - over the last 10 years. The other one is 6 years old....no problems. ;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I got a feeling the same people bashing yeti coolers are the same ones that have a garage full of harbor freight tools and will give you 10 reasons why they are better than snap-on.
No. Just guys that don't want to spend huge money on a NAME.

Yes, I do have harbor freight tools, but only select ones and none are tools I use frequently.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got a feeling the same people bashing yeti coolers are the same ones that have a garage full of harbor freight tools and will give you 10 reasons why they are better than snap-on.

And wallets so thick they won’t fold anymore.

Only Yeti fan bois would pay $200 for a bucket.

A6AD4507-37F6-46B3-8C57-0D218D6F3C4F.png

Last edited:

bagged97taco

Reaction score
The bucket is one thing. But the yeti dog bowl is just a little ridiculous.

W.O.T

Reaction score
If that's not paying for a name idk what is. $200 bucket haha
At least the cooler serves a purpose.

outboard_256

Reaction score

View attachment 824084

But that is not the question.

OP is asking about a snap on torque wrench. The peanut gallery is saying you can get 4 harbor freight ones for the price of the snap on one. And many admit that the snap-on has better quality parts and more features. But their argument is the harbor freight ones can break 3 times and you are still ahead in the money. Then their next argument is snap on screw driver costs $100 and is no better than the $5 harbor freight copy. (ie buckets and dog bowls) Which maybe true for those items but still has nothing to do with the original question.

Yes I do own yeti coolers. Yes I have tried other brands and when they leaked or didn't keep everything cool enough and ruined a camping trip I threw them away and never looked back. The problems caused by the leaky cooler and lost food on a trip, time wasted, stress, etc was worth way more than the cost of a yeti. Wasn't interested in buying 10 more and waiting for it to happen again. Just paid the outrageous price of the yeti and have been happy and problem free for the last 4 years.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
But that is not the question.

OP is asking about a snap on torque wrench. The peanut gallery is saying you can get 4 harbor freight ones for the price of the snap on one. And many admit that the snap-on has better quality parts and more features. But their argument is the harbor freight ones can break 3 times and you are still ahead in the money. Then their next argument is snap on screw driver costs $100 and is no better than the $5 harbor freight copy. (ie buckets and dog bowls) Which maybe true for those items but still has nothing to do with the original question.

Yes I do own yeti coolers. Yes I have tried other brands and when they leaked or didn't keep everything cool enough and ruined a camping trip I threw them away and never looked back. The problems caused by the leaky cooler and lost food on a trip, time wasted, stress, etc was worth way more than the cost of a yeti. Wasn't interested in buying 10 more and waiting for it to happen again. Just paid the outrageous price of the yeti and have been happy and problem free for the last 4 years.

Who is talking about a snap on tools? This thread is about soft sided coolers. You brought up tools LOL.

Not everyone destroys their cheap shit every 6 months... if that is a Harbor Freight ratchet, or an AO cooler, sometimes those are good enough for the job. There is a tool or product for every job. If you want to pay 2x/3x/4x+ for a product to feel better about the quality, go right ahead.

HCP3

Reaction score

outboard_256

Reaction score
Who is talking about a snap on tools? This thread is about soft sided coolers. You brought up tools LOL.

Not everyone destroys their cheap shit every 6 months... if that is a Harbor Freight ratchet, or an AO cooler, sometimes those are good enough for the job. There is a tool or product for every job. If you want to pay 2x/3x/4x+ for a product to feel better about the quality, go right ahead.

I was continuing my harbor freight/snap-on example that you quoted.
Your response is yeti is over priced, look at this $200 bucket.

And again you fail to understand the point of this thread. OP is asking about this yeit magnetic cooler because and I quote "I really like the quality of Yeti but always hated how hard the zippers are to open and close. I've been through a half dozen AO coolers in the last 5 years and looking to step things up." So yes the OP does "destroys their cheap shit every 6 months" as you put it. And is also willing "to pay 2x/3x/4x+ for a product to feel better about the quality" as you also put it.

I think I found who has the garage full of harbor fright tools, haha.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I was continuing my harbor freight/snap-on example that you quoted.

Your response is yeti is over priced, look at this $200 bucket.

And again you fail to understand the point of this thread. OP is asking about this yeit magnetic cooler because and I quote "I really like the quality of Yeti but always hated how hard the zippers are to open and close. I've been through a half dozen AO coolers in the last 5 years and looking to step things up." So yes the OP does "destroys their cheap shit every 6 months" as you put it. And is also willing "to pay 2x/3x/4x+ for a product to feel better about the quality" as you also put it.

I think I found who has the garage full of harbor fright tools, haha.

So by your own logic you don't understand the point of the thread either, because you started talking about tools. You said the OP is asking about a Snap On torque wrench... The thread is about Yeti coolers.

I buy harbor freight when needed. I buy better brands when needed. I'm certainly not going to spend $5K on a metal box with drawers that says Snap On on it when a $800 box from Harbor freight serves the exact same purpose for me and is demonstrably better in every way.

With regard to Harbor Freight, either their stuff is getting better, or Snap On is getting crappier (the latter is true) because as shown above with their high end torque wrenches, tool storage, etc, HF is putting out some good products these days. Not all of it is better, but if you really want Snap On tools, I'll sell you a $400 Snap On bucket to put them in.

outboard_256

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I rest my case, haha.

What case are you resting? The Harbor Freight “crap” won every test, and is demonstrably better than the Snap On piece.

Oh sorry, the Snap On had a nicer blow molded case.

I hope you aren’t a lawyer.:rolleyes: