WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

crimes of "neccesity" OK

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I've been hearing that in some jurisdictions petty thefts and shoplifting below a $ threshold are no longer arrest/detain type of offenses , I haven't "snopes" this but got the info "on good authority" , so when ones income gets low one can simply just swipe what they need with a "scolding" ? ... Is this a trend to a greater type of Anarchy ?

500bbc

Reaction score
I've been hearing that in some jurisdictions petty thefts and shoplifting below a $ threshold are no longer arrest/detain type of offenses , I haven't "snopes" this but got the info "on good authority" , so when ones income gets low one can simply just swipe what they need with a "scolding" ? ... Is this a trend to a greater type of Anarchy ?

Cali, $950.00 or less, no threshold.
Shop lifting crews are going into stores with calculators to make sure they don't exceed 950.

Tank

Reaction score
Familiarize yourself with Prop 47, Prop 57 and AB109 for starters. It'll open your eyes to how California and other liberal run states are decriminalizing narcotics and lower offense crimes. Big eye opener.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Cali, $950.00 or less, no threshold.
Shop lifting crews are going into stores with calculators to make sure they don't exceed 950.
I had heard $850 but I suppose beyond ones upbringing and conscience theres not much , so @ $949 the simply "walk" ?

Tank

Reaction score
I had heard $850 but I suppose beyond ones upbringing and conscience theres not much , so @ $949 the simply "walk" ?
No, and depends on what county you're in. the threshold of $950 500 is referring to is the misdemeanor limit. Anything over 950 is a felony. Under is a misd. That is the way the law works. Prop 47 raised the threshold from $400 to 950 a few years ago. They also got rid of PC section 666 which stated if you commit 3 shopliftings and are convicted (under $400 each back then) the 4th and any that come after are felonies.

I think what the OP was alluding to is that some more liberal D.A.'s in the state have chosen not to even prosecute on misd petty thefts (thefts under $950) because the courts give zero time for first offenses and defers to probation for even multiple offenses. Vicious cycle. Now, I brought up the fact Prop 47 and 57 reduced posession of meth and coke and heroin from felonies to misd cite and release offenses because the vast majority of the time is the crack and meth heads that are out stealing your shit to support their habit.

Back in the old days, you'd get rolled up for being under the influence or holding a little coke or meth or heroin it was automatic 90 days in jail. Then your tweaker is off the streets for 90 days and most would roll on where it came from to avoid jail. Not any more. tweakers stay on the street. you get arrested for petty theft you get a ticket. possession of drugs, ticket. Unless you get booked for a violent felony you'll be out of jail in 12 hours or less. Whole system is fucked because of liberals putting shitty laws on the books that the dipshits of Ca. voted to pass.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My local Vons doesn't have handheld baskets anymore because of the zombies
They walk in grab a basket do their shopping and can run out with the basket full.

sintax

Reaction score
Saw this happen at Home Depot this weekend. A guy was in line with me to use the self checkout, he had one of those Milwaukee kits. I notice other people hovering around, the guy walks up and starts running out the door. The lady just shrugs and tells the security over the radio that he ran outside. I guess they just chock it up as a loss? She didnt even seem shocked by it.

Tank

Reaction score
Saw this happen at Home Depot this weekend. A guy was in line with me to use the self checkout, he had one of those Milwaukee kits. I notice other people hovering around, the guy walks up and starts running out the door. The lady just shrugs and tells the security over the radio that he ran outside. I guess they just chock it up as a loss? She didnt even seem shocked by it.

Unfortunately most stores have "hands off" policies even for their security and loss prevention personnel but ESPECIALLY for regular employees. Corporate figures the loss of $400 merchandise isn't worth the lawsuit that will come if an employee gets punched or breaks something or gets stabbed or some shit. But how will they account for the billions...YES BILLIONS WTIH A B in stolen merchandise a year in California? Well, they raise prices and then you and me and all the working schmucks pay the difference. Why do you think cost of living continues to rise in Ca? This isn't the only reason but it's definitely one of the reasons. These stupid little laws passed to decriminalize various crimes and mass release "non violent" criminals have a HUGE snowball affect that is dizzying. I've said it before and I'll say it again, AB109 the so-called "non violent offenders" early release program A) doesn't just include non violent offenders and B) the recidivism rate is estimated at over 90%!!!!! 90% chance those criminals released will re-offend in some form and go back to prison. Talk about a cataclysmic failure of a program. What's Gaven Grusome doing about this? Absolutely zero. He's working on climate control. It's literally sickening.

Last edited:

500bbc

Reaction score
No, and depends on what county you're in. the threshold of $950 500 is referring to is the misdemeanor limit. Anything over 950 is a felony. Under is a misd. That is the way the law works. Prop 47 raised the threshold from $400 to 950 a few years ago. They also got rid of PC section 666 which stated if you commit 3 shopliftings and are convicted (under $400 each back then) the 4th and any that come after are felonies.

I think what the OP was alluding to is that some more liberal D.A.'s in the state have chosen not to even prosecute on misd petty thefts (thefts under $950) because the courts give zero time for first offenses and defers to probation for even multiple offenses. Vicious cycle. Now, I brought up the fact Prop 47 and 57 reduced posession of meth and coke and heroin from felonies to misd cite and release offenses because the vast majority of the time is the crack and meth heads that are out stealing your shit to support their habit.

Back in the old days, you'd get rolled up for being under the influence or holding a little coke or meth or heroin it was automatic 90 days in jail. Then your tweaker is off the streets for 90 days and most would roll on where it came from to avoid jail. Not any more. tweakers stay on the street. you get arrested for petty theft you get a ticket. possession of drugs, ticket. Unless you get booked for a violent felony you'll be out of jail in 12 hours or less. Whole system is fucked because of liberals putting shitty laws on the books that the dipshits of Ca. voted to pass.
Defacto free, you are not going to get LEO to pursue and ticket them or hunt them down if they no show in court.

We pay the increased cost.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

power tools, etc arent inventory of home depot. they're essentially "on loan" from the manufacturer. which is why they have security tags built into the tools themselves.

495a3eb46747658573483fac5f547cc2.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
Defacto free, you are not going to get LEO to pursue and ticket them or hunt them down if they no show in court.

We pay the increased cost.

If they fail to appear on a misd citation a bench warrant will be issued but you are correct - Not like anyone is going to go out and look for this subject. It'll just catch up to them the next time they run into the police. Then they'll finally have their day in court, they'll stand in front of the judge, say they're an addict, vagrant, mental health issues, etc and the court will forward to probation, time served....NEXT.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I watched 2 people steal a bunch of stuff from a Walgreens a couple weeks ago and the employees did nothing . I asked the guy at the counter and he said it's corporate policy to do nothing . I asked him why I should pay and he laughed . I asked again in a more serious tone and he got my point . This country is fucked if we continue down this path !

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
When we fail to enforce the felony, we hyper- enforce the misdemeanor...let your parking ticket go without paying and see what happens. It’s all about who can pay .
I used a similar analogy recently on "neigborhood forum" and drew some wrath ... "be a junkie shoot up on a city bench and get nuthin... be me and get caught on my cell phone driving and get a $400 ticket" (they missed the point and went on about the dangers of cell use while driving ;))

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I can understand a true crime of necessity. I don't think the conditions exist here in the states for them to happen though. During time of war or natural catastrophe, damn right I'd do some shady things to feed my kids.

A junkie, feeding a habit, is not anywhere near the same ballpark. If you have the energy to steal, you have the energy to work. Cutting loose criminals for a dollar amount wastes the money of those robbed, the tax dollars of the good people, and wastes the time of LE while putting them at risk.

When I'm king...off with their heads;)

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
So easy to steel now
Dam walk in
Grap what you want
Walk out the door

Nobody going to do shit
Just make sure it a big box name type store
The small shop might just shot you

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
History shows us that in 1933, a Government stopped prosecuting low level crimes to save money. In fact it was to make the population demand more police protection at any cost and they did just that with their vote. Making you feel unsafe is how Government takes control of your life. Can you tell me who was elected and who was appointment to lead the party? They named a blimp after him and everyone knows the second one.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
I can tell you from experience owning a Hardware Store that theft is a constant problem and Law Enforcement is just as frustrated as we are with the problem. We constantly turn in video of the thefts and license plates of the thieves but nothing seems to come of it.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I had 3 "amish" ladies hit me up getting gas today trying to sell me stolen shrimp from the supermarket right next to us. They were pushy and fuck then hit up every one around me then walked into the gas stations mini mart tried to sell them the shrimp then promptly stole candy on their way out without a concern in the world. Had the balls to keep hanging out on the property they stole from while trying to sell other stolen shit and blocking a gas pump with their G ride while never getting gas. Just a typical Thursday morning in the hood

DLC

Reaction score
The only way I’m buying shrimp from 2 ho’s at a gas station is if I have a colonoscopy scheduled the next morning !

I’m sure that shrimp shit will clean you right out way better than the colon blow....

if cops aren’t going to do their job after video and lic plate then they should run the plate and give the info to the store keeper, so the keeper can send some goons down and break a few legs... or lop off a finger or 3.... I’m only going to ask this question 10 times... snip snip

I have to get back to my Christmas tv show.....

carry on!

22hotkat

Reaction score
In November 2014, California voters approved Proposition 47, The Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act, a criminal justice reform that reduced simple drug possession and some property crimes from felonies to misdemeanor.
CA now ranks #1 in Porch Pirates theft as most packages are worth less than $950. The Ring Door Bell is sold as a deterrent but the LEO's don't care as they are understaffed to deal with all the calls. The politicians claim crime rate is down because if you get rid of the laws there's nothing on the books. Fight Crime , No laws

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
I had 3 "amish" ladies hit me up getting gas today trying to sell me stolen shrimp from the supermarket right next to us. They were pushy and fuck then hit up every one around me then walked into the gas stations mini mart tried to sell them the shrimp then promptly stole candy on their way out without a concern in the world. Had the balls to keep hanging out on the property they stole from while trying to sell other stolen shit and blocking a gas pump with their G ride while never getting gas. Just a typical Thursday morning in the hood
"Morning Ladies" ;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
More guns, less crime...Some people just need killing.

History shows us that in 1933, a Government stopped prosecuting low level crimes to save money. In fact it was to make the population demand more police protection at any cost and they did just that with their vote. Making you feel unsafe is how Government takes control of your life. Can you tell me who was elected and who was appointment to lead the party? They named a blimp after him and everyone knows the second one.
The pendulum effect, the harder you push to one direction, the further it will come back. They don't teach much about Nazi Germany anymore...probably afraid others will see similarities. Evil was voted into power by a populace wanting to be saved...

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Makes mob style protection almost seem worth it doesnt it?!:eek: