WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pensacola NAS... and now Patrick AFB

Sandlord

Reaction score
This morning a Saudi shot up Pensacola NAS. Possible terrorism. Probable Muslim.

now I get this alert.
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 2.19.02 PM.png

WTF

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
So how about we write some laws outlawing Saudi flight school students not carry handguns in gun free zones.

I mean really, WTF. Gun free zones must end. And the ME, part, well why in the fuck do we continue to teach them to fly?????????

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Some worried about hand guns while flight training terrorists in fighter jets.
And people get pissed when I say I should be able to own a Trident sub...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
The Saudis are our friends......:rolleyes:

No offense to those here that have relatives back in the ME, but perhaps it's time we, the US, just leave that region and let them figure it all out for themselves. The hostility that spreads out from the ME is horrible and they need to get it out of their systems among themselves some way, somehow:(

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
And using a “locally purchased Glock” 9mm. Why are terrorists able to buy guns in America?

Because fucking homo's like yourself want to keep open borders.

Because "profiling" hurts the feelings of idiots like you.

Because of tree humping tofu farting fairys like yourself who can't see evil through their SJW bandanna.

Why are you here again? What positive things in your life come from participating here? Do you expect to hang out with the members here? Gonna buy us all a round at Fox's someday and think we'll laugh about our different views?

Seriously. I'd like to know.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
And using a “locally purchased Glock” 9mm. Why are terrorists able to buy guns in America?

Because it's LAND OF THE FREE...............................commie.

If you feel the need to be "safe", why don't you just move north to Cuckland?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

No word yet on "legally" purchased or not......so, he may have been able to buy the Glock in the same manner he could have purchased heroin, coke, and crystal meth from the same black market dealer .... W/o more info, there is no reason to jump to conclusions unless you're an anti-gun nut :)

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score
No word yet on "legally" purchased or not......so, he may have been able to buy the Glock in the same manner he could have purchased heroin, coke, and crystal meth from the same black market dealer .... W/o more info, there is no reason to jump to conclusions unless you're an anti-gun nut :)

A legal alien, illegal alien, terrorist, non-terrorist, convicted felon or any other person can simply go down to a gun show in Arizona and buy all the weapons and all the ammunition they so choose to do. Walk in and walk out while dozens of Law Enforcement officials are standing there and watching.

That is the system that exists and the system that is being vociferously protected.

Not taking a position on it, just laying out the facts and reality as Nganga has and will back up.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
A legal alien, illegal alien, terrorist, non-terrorist, convicted felon or any other person can simply go down to a gun show in Arizona and buy all the weapons and all the ammunition they so choose to do. Walk in and walk out while dozens of Law Enforcement officials are standing there and watching.

That is the system that exists and the system that is being vociferously protected.

Not taking a position on it, just laying out the facts and reality as Nganga has and will back up.

True.
Anyone can do that in any city, just depends if they want to follow the law or not.
I’m not defending the AZ laws. Im saying that in this case it is hard to conceive that a person committed to a lawless act like this would be prevented from carrying it out because of a gun purchasing restriction.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

Are you saying this weapon was purchased at a gun show? I have not seen anything regarding the location of where the weapon was purchased or obtained....

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score

Yep. No reason for a terrorist to take the risk of a black market purchase when he can buy a gun legally. I’ve been expecting this for a long time and surprised foreign terrorists are only now realizing that they can buy whatever they need right here. Domestic terrorists too, of course.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
True.
Anyone can do that in any city, just depends if they want to follow the law or not.
I’m not defending the AZ laws. Im saying that in this case it is hard to conceive that a person committed to a lawless act like this would be prevented from carrying it out because of a gun purchasing restriction.
The FBI has popped quite a few terrorists in the last two decades by posing as criminals willing to sell them bombs and explosives. It is a vulnerability the Fibbies can exploit because terrorists can’t obtain the same shit through legal channels. The same cannot be said of terrorists and cartel members who wish to acquire firearms.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Yep. No reason for a terrorist to take the risk of a black market purchase when he can buy a gun legally. I’ve been expecting this for a long time and surprised foreign terrorists are only now realizing that they can buy whatever they need right here. Domestic terrorists too, of course.
The FBI has popped quite a few terrorists in the last two decades by posing as criminals willing to sell them bombs and explosives. It is a vulnerability the Fibbies can exploit because terrorists can’t obtain the same shit through legal channels. The same cannot be said of terrorists and cartel members who wish to acquire firearms.

Were the weapons involved with this shooting obtained at a gun show?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I just Googled Pensacola classifieds and in under a minute found a shotgun I could buy in a person to person sale with just a phone call. How many Glock 9mm do you think have been sold in the same manner in the last month?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
As you and 530 were quick to point fingers and cast blame.....I thought you might have some facts that the rest of us were unaware.
Just a hunch and reported fact that it was purchased locally. An FFL should not have sold him a gun and faced felony charges if he did, and I’m skeptical that a Saudi military pilot has a lot of black market contacts in Pensacola, so the legal person to person sales without background seems most likely.

Attachments

• F852EA40-3163-4E32-9184-CF5B3763D9C6.png
    F852EA40-3163-4E32-9184-CF5B3763D9C6.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 91

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Just a hunch and reported fact that it was purchased locally.

Just because it is reported does not make it a fact....Have we not learned anything? :rolleyes:

I just Googled Pensacola classifieds and in under a minute found a shotgun I could buy in a person to person sale with just a phone call. How many Glock 9mm do you think have been sold in the same manner in the last month?

Shot guns are legal :rolleyes: ...How many Glocks did you find? :rolleyes:.......Your imagination gets the best of you....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Your elevating this particular terrorist to a well financed, well planned, well supported organization.

That’s a far cry from Akmed going off with a 9.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Just because it is reported does not make it a fact....Have we not learned anything? :rolleyes:

Shot guns are illegal :rolleyes: ...How many Glocks did you find? :rolleyes:.......Your imagination gets the best of you....
What do you mean “shotguns are illegal”? No, unless the barrel is under 18”. The point is that right now in Pensacola and everywhere else in America, any terrorist or felon who want a gun can either go to a gun show or flip through the classifieds of the local paper and buy whatever is being offered. Just call up the seller and meet them in the parking lot at Walmart. Perfectly legal and cheap. If you want a bag of weed, do you buy it legally from the pot shop or illegally from a guy in a ghetto who might just stab you and take your money? If you’re smart, you avoid that risk and inconvenience.

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Your elevating this particular terrorist to a well financed, well planned, well supported organization.

That’s a far cry from Akmed going off with a 9.
I’m saying Akmed’s Al Qaeda pals are smart enough to see how easy it was for him and next time maybe they’ll send a couple guys who buy AR-15s and shoot up the National Mall or a few schools or the New Years Eve party in NYC or a theater full of Ford v Ferrari fans or a music festival in Vegas. Sure they’ll be taken out by police within 15 minutes, but imagine the destruction just two trained terrorists could deliver in any of a hundred thousand soft targets in the US with a couple easy to buy rifles and a dozen magazines.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Let’s just cut out the middleman and make terrorism illegal.
Voila! Problem solved!

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
What do you mean “shotguns are illegal”? No, unless the barrel is under 16”. The point is that right now in Pensacola and everywhere else in America, any terrorist or felon who want a gun can either go to a gun show or flip through the classifieds of the local paper and buy whatever is being offered. Just call up the seller and meet them in the parking lot at Walmart. Perfectly legal and cheap. If you want a bag of weed, do you buy it legally from the pot shop or illegally from a guy in a ghetto who might just stab you and take your money? If you’re smart, you avoid that risk and inconvenience.

You do have an imagination..... but yet to make any points whatsoever in relevance to the specific where and how these weapons were obtained....

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Let’s just cut out the middleman and make terrorism illegal.
Voila! Problem solved!
I think we’ve done that too. The question is what’s enforceable and what is not. Universal background checks would be pretty enforceable and would made it harder for bad guys to get guns, while good guys would still be able to undergo a 15 minute background check at Cabellas while they stock up on bullets and camouflaged accessories.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
You do have an imagination..... but yet to make any points whatsoever in relevance to the specific where and how these weapons were obtained....
Is it hard for you to imagine anything I just described? If so you haven’t been paying attention because that’s all happened here already, typically just with lone wolf white America shooters rather than Saudis.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’m saying Akmed’s Al Qaeda pals are smart enough to see how easy it was for him and next time maybe they’ll send a couple guys who buy AR-15s and shoot up the National Mall or a few schools or the New Years Eve party in NYC or a theater full of Ford v Ferrari fans or a music festival in Vegas. Sure they’ll be taken out by police within 15 minutes, but imagine the destruction just two trained terrorists could deliver in any of a hundred thousand soft targets in the US with a couple easy to buy rifles and a dozen magazines.

Akmeds pals already have AR15’s.

It’s possible you might underestimate just how prevalent gun availability is today, and how irrelevant restrictions on purchases are in this country.

Take the challenge. Admittedly it’s been a few years for me, but I can assure you that you can drop me in any town USA with $500 and I’ll produce a gun to you in under 12 hours...easy...probably a bag of dope as well if you want it.
The risk of being busted during illegal purchases is fallacy barring an ongoing final stage investigation.

You, and Akmeds buddies, can buy an AR same day anywhere, put it in your trunk, drive home and no one will follow you home.

530RL

Reaction score
True.

You are absolutely correct.

And equally, murder laws do not prevent murder, rape laws do not prevent rape, speeding laws do not prevent speeding and drug laws do not prevent drugs from being sold and used.

The purpose of laws is to address consequences for the behavior.

And those that say that gun laws don’t prevent gun killings are correct, but neither do other laws as those crimes are committed every day.

The question remains, should there be laws that address issues or should we as a society throw our hands up and say laws don’t prevent crime so let’s just not have any? Because logically if one takes the position that gun laws do not prevent gun violence, then to be consistent we should just get rid of all those laws relating to murder, speeding, and a host of other societal ills as they too have “failed”.

However I suspect you would disagree with that premise. So what we are left with is a debate on which laws may or not be effective at reducing, not eliminating certain behaviors.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Is it hard for you to imagine anything I just described? If so you haven’t been paying attention because that’s all happened here already, typically just with lone wolf white America shooters rather than Saudis.

I thought we were addressing the weapons obtained and involved in this "terrorist attack"....Carry on.....:rolleyes:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct.

And equally, murder laws do not prevent murder, rape laws do not prevent rape, speeding laws do not prevent speeding and drug laws do not prevent drugs from being sold and used.

The purpose of laws is to address consequences for the behavior.

And those that say that gun laws don’t prevent gun killings are correct, but neither do other laws as those crimes are committed every day.

The question remains, should there be laws that address issues or should we as a society throw our hands up and say laws don’t prevent crime so let’s just not have any? Because logically if one takes the position that gun laws do not prevent gun violence, then to be consistent we should just get rid of all those laws relating to murder, speeding, and a host of other societal ills as they too have “failed”.

However I suspect you would disagree with that premise. So what we are left with is a debate on which laws may or not be effective at reducing, not eliminating certain behaviors.

I think focusing on the tool at hand is a flawed premise, and ineffective approach to minimizing certain behaviors.
I think it only burdens and penalizes otherwise law abiding citizens, and has little to no impact on lawless behavior.

Most perpetrators of acts like these are and have been on someone’s radar, and failure by the various authorities to act in a preemptive manner due to legal hamstringing or lack of prioritization is an issue far more so than a gun, truck, bomb etc.
They stop a lot, but don’t stop them all. The tool is immaterial.

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score
I think focusing on the tool at hand is a flawed premise, and ineffective approach to minimizing certain behaviors.

Your view in this case is the exact point of those who argue against drug laws.

530RL

Reaction score
I perused the Constitution...didn’t see drugs in there.

I am not surprised that you believe any right of the people no specifically addressed and written into the Constitution belongs to the government.

At least you are consistent in your government knows best political views. :(

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am not surprised that you believe any right of the people no specifically addressed and written into the Constitution belongs to the government.

At least you are consistent in your government knows best political views. :(

Huh?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score

It’s possible you might underestimate just how prevalent gun availability is today, and how irrelevant restrictions on purchases are in this country.

Take the challenge. Admittedly it’s been a few years for me, but I can assure you that you can drop me in any town USA with $500 and I’ll produce a gun to you in under 12 hours...easy...probably a bag of dope as well if you want it.
The risk of being busted during illegal purchases is fallacy barring an ongoing final stage investigation.

You, and Akmeds buddies, can buy an AR same day anywhere, put it in your trunk, drive home and no one will follow you home.
Sure, Akmed’s pals have AR15s in Syria but they’re not going to risk shipping them here subject to inspection and possibly getting caught. They can just buy them here. And the ease of buying them is EXACTLY what I’m talking about. But any rationale person would buy legally at a gun show or classifieds rather than take the risk of dealing with dangerous double crossing black market dealers.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score

Here’s the challenge. If you and I were both to fly into Phoenix with $500 to buy a gun- you through whatever nefarious contacts you can find versus me flipping through the back of a newspaper. Who gets a gun first and who’s more likely to be stabbed and robbed?

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I think it only burdens and penalizes otherwise law abiding citizens, and has little to no impact on lawless behavior.

Most perpetrators of acts like these are and have been on someone’s radar, and failure by the various authorities to act in a preemptive manner due to legal hamstringing or lack of prioritization is an issue far more so than a gun, truck, bomb etc.
They stop a lot, but don’t stop them all. The tool is immaterial.
There is no burden to you! I can buy any gun (ATF permit guns excluded) I want with a completed background check in less time than it takes to get a shitty Dominos pizza.

Sandlord

Reaction score

If a terrorist is going to commit a crime like terrorism and murder, I don't think taking the "risk" of buying a black market gun is much of a concern.
If they want to kill people they have already proved they will use an airplane, a truck, a kitchen cooking device, box cutters, whatever they can. Its not the gun.