WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Midlife crisis #46 averted - Thanks Jason at Selman Chevy

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Looking forward to heading out to Chuckwalla soon.......Camaro 2SS with 1LE Track Package, magnetic ride suspension, pirelli super car tires, brembo 6 piston discs, on board data logger and track video recorder, factory cold air intake, recaro seats, 6 speed, etc. Ordered it the way I wanted it, took some extra time due to the strike.

IMG_4333.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nice piece.

If you need some company at Chuckwalla let me know, I want the get the RX7 out there soon.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Data logger and Recaro seats are optional items? Nice!

Ride looks really slick. Keep us updated on how she runs and handles. The mag suspension is like science fiction meets Hot Rod magazine:eek:

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Nice

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

jet496

Reaction score
I think they're one of the best looking cars out there. How much was it? You don't have to say, but we're looking at getting one maybe by end of the year.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Great looking car, that should put your crises on hold for a bit.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I think they're one of the best looking cars out there. How much was it? You don't have to say, but we're looking at getting one maybe by end of the year.
Msrp was 53k, then $2000 rebate and Jason’s deal brings it down considerably. As a bonus for the wife gm gives you a $700 Costco gift card.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Apples to oranges, but a couple of months ago Arrowhead Chevy here in PHX had a row of 1SS 1LE Camaros with data logging and Recaros for 41-43k before TT&TTL... tempting for sure. I’m holding out for a C8 at this point, but I’ve owned several Camaros and have considered picking one up before they stop building them next year.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
He has another one in blue that I ordered first but didn’t like the color, Jason was cool and let me order another one, the blue one is in the showroom now, same car for about $2000 less, it doesn’t have the data logger or the cold air intake.

BajaMike

Reaction score
It would be fun to run that out at the Thermal race track!

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Great looking car! I'm sure it will be a ball of fun. I had a rental Camaro a few years back and at 6'3'' it was just too damn small. Wish it wasn't would love to have one as a commuter.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
That's just badass!! Isn't GM shitcanning the Camaro again? Makes me sad when I see rides like yours

RodnJen

Reaction score
Excellent. I didn’t know they made such a beast.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
"Merica"

Congrats, She's a beauty.
( not genderizing ) Call it what you want. :D

Cdog

Reaction score
Pretty cool. I'll be converting my Formula Enterprise to FE2 over the winter and will need to do some run in & testing. I'll hit you up and see if you're interested in hitting the track once I get my car converted for some track time.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Sweet. Interested to see how she goes on the track.

They definitely made some improvements over the old one

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That is a bad ass looking car Walt! I checked in on her Vette yesterday while I was down at the shop. My truck goes in monday

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Bad ass. I am not a Chevy car guy but when I picked up my new truck a few months ago I saw the ZL1 1LE package and I said that is a Camaro I could own. The 1LE package is so bitchen. I see the full floaters through the front wheels! Awesome you are going to do some open track with it! There are lots of videos on Youtube of 1LEs smoking so much on the track.

Congrats!!!!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Update, so I ordered this car about six months ago and I ordered it in blue, it came in I really wasn’t all that in love with the color when I saw it, Jason at Selman was totally cool and he said I’ll order you another one and so we went with the red color. The blue one I ordered is still sitting in their showroom, last night my wife drops me off and says I love the blue one. Jason thought she was just messing with us, so did I, but she was being truthful, so you know what they say happy wife happy life, so Jason is getting the blue one ready, we’re picking it up this morning. So the red one is now in the showroom if anyone wants it :)

WAAZ

Reaction score
34C81536-376C-402E-BE7A-EC8958B95470.jpeg
Been wanting a 1LE for a while now - the gen 6 is dialed!! There’s an ‘18 near me that I dig but it doesn’t have the data logger (PDR). You have yourself an awesome car sir!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I actually like the Blue one better and that's strange as I typically don't like Blue and 2 of my last 3 cars have been Ruby Red...lol

Almost bought the same car in white...second choice was the Gray above.

They are now making the 1LE in the 10 speed auto and if that had been available when I got my new Mustang I would have really considered it.

Last edited:

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats, looks like a lot of fun!

JBS

Reaction score
I like the blue also!! The Red looks a little to orange for my tastes. Congrats

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I actually like the Blue one better and that's strange as I typically don't like Blue and 2 of my last 3 cars have been Ruby Red...lol

Almost bought the same car in white...second choice was the Gray above.

They are now making the 1LE in the 10 speed auto and if that had been available when I got my new Mustang I would have really considered it.

I hear you on the auto, I just wanted to keep it old school with the 6 speed manual. Definitely slower that way, but it sure feels faster, and takes me back to high school when i dreamed of a camaro 37 years ago.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I like the blue also!! The Red looks a little to orange for my tastes. Congrats

They have about 40 different dark reds, all different names, it definitely was not the same color that comes on the new trucks that we really liked, it is more orange for sure, thats why we went with the blue, it really pops, you cant miss it, im sure the police will feel the same way.

Reactions: JBS

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I hear you on the auto, I just wanted to keep it old school with the 6 speed manual. Definitely slower that way, but it sure feels faster, and takes me back to high school when i dreamed of a camaro 37 years ago.

If it wasn't my daily and I was tracking it on anything with corners I would have gotten the manual.

Joe mama

Reaction score
So dam nice! I’m guessing this is your wife’s. If so she deserves it..

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
For the OC/IE people we should get together after the first of the year and go run the cars at a local event.

https://www.puretrack.net/

I have done one of the events at Angels stadium and its a a good time without a full day drive and big $$$.

How long are the straightaways? With the chevelle I could launch, slow all the way down, put the blinker on, and then turn, corners aren't really its thing.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
How long are the straightaways? With the chevelle I could launch, slow all the way down, put the blinker on, and then turn, corners aren't really its thing.

There were cars from every walk of life there. stock saturns all the way to lambos or Mercedes GT's.

Might now win in the corners but it would be fun sliding the big girl around...lol