WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Pensacola NAS... and now Patrick AFB

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct.

And equally, murder laws do not prevent murder, rape laws do not prevent rape, speeding laws do not prevent speeding and drug laws do not prevent drugs from being sold and used.

The purpose of laws is to address consequences for the behavior.

And those that say that gun laws don’t prevent gun killings are correct, but neither do other laws as those crimes are committed every day.

The question remains, should there be laws that address issues or should we as a society throw our hands up and say laws don’t prevent crime so let’s just not have any? Because logically if one takes the position that gun laws do not prevent gun violence, then to be consistent we should just get rid of all those laws relating to murder, speeding, and a host of other societal ills as they too have “failed”.

However I suspect you would disagree with that premise. So what we are left with is a debate on which laws may or not be effective at reducing, not eliminating certain behaviors.
Medication makes for a great analogy. Nobody working on a new cure for a disease realistically hopes to develops a drug that is 100% effective. Pfizer would be ecstatic to discover a new treatment that saves 20% of the patients afflicted with some awful disease. Likewise if universal background checks would save a single life they should be implemented, especially given the trivial burden on a 15 minute background check and maybe working through an FFL (ala sales on Gunbroker.com) which they impose.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
If a terrorist is going to commit a crime like terrorism and murder, I don't think taking the "risk" of buying a black market gun is much of a concern.
If they want to kill people they have already proved they will use an airplane, a truck, a kitchen cooking device, box cutters, whatever they can. Its not the gun.
If a terrorist is going to commit a crime like terrorism and murder, I don't think taking the "risk" of buying a black market gun is much of a concern.
If they want to kill people they have already proved they will use an airplane, a truck, a kitchen cooking device, box cutters, whatever they can. Its not the gun.
There’s no reason for them to take ANY risk. They could be standing right next to you at a gun show and you’d never know.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
What do you mean “shotguns are illegal”? No, unless the barrel is under 18”. The point is that right now in Pensacola and everywhere else in America, any terrorist or felon who want a gun can either go to a gun show or flip through the classifieds of the local paper and buy whatever is being offered. Just call up the seller and meet them in the parking lot at Walmart. Perfectly legal and cheap. If you want a bag of weed, do you buy it legally from the pot shop or illegally from a guy in a ghetto who might just stab you and take your money? If you’re smart, you avoid that risk and inconvenience.
If terrorists can "obtain" 4 jet air liners, they can figure out how to get a fucking pistol.......Just more shit stirring from the forum troll.

Lock your doors, they'll be looking for the dumbest fucks they can find to steal their guns from.....Better turn yours in before they crawl down under your bridge:rolleyes:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
If terrorists can "obtain" 4 jet air liners, they can figure out how to get a fucking pistol.......Just more shit stirring from the forum troll.

Lock your doors, they'll be looking for the dumbest fucks they can find to steal their guns from.....Better turn yours in before they crawl down under your bridge:rolleyes:
It’s been 18 years since they’ve been able to pull that off. So they’re looking for other targets and other tools. And for lone wolves, buying a gun and finding a crowd will always be the easiest option with greatest odds of success.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
And this....from a BLUE state

Tazewell County becomes Second Amendment Sanctuary, adds militia ordinance during widely attended meeting

TAZEWELL, Va. — Tazewell County joined the ranks of “Second Amendment Sanctuary” counties on Tuesday — and took it one step further.
Before a crowd of more than 200, the Board of Supervisors unanimously passed two resolutions during their meeting on Tuesday night. The Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution and a resolution promoting the order of militia within Tazewell County both passed to loud cheers from a crowd that overflowed the 189-seat board room.

“Our position is that Article I, Section 13, of the Constitution of Virginia reserves the right to ‘order’ militia to the localities,” Young said.
Both resolutions call for the elimination of funding to any enforcement of laws that infringe upon the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

In addition to allowing the county to order a militia, the ordinance calls for concealed weapons training for all residents of the county who are eligible to own a gun and the teaching of firearms safety in public schools.

Sheriff Brian Hieatt and newly elected Commonwealth’s Attorney Chris Plaster both expressed their support for the resolutions and belief that the Constitution of the United States supersedes state laws.

upload_2019-12-8_9-46-52.png

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Medication makes for a great analogy. Nobody working on a new cure for a disease realistically hopes to develops a drug that is 100% effective. Pfizer would be ecstatic to discover a new treatment that saves 20% of the patients afflicted with some awful disease. Likewise if universal background checks would save a single life they should be implemented, especially given the trivial burden on a 15 minute background check and maybe working through an FFL (ala sales on Gunbroker.com) which they impose.
I see where you are going with this and agree.... which is why I advocate for every Democrat Voter be banned from owning any type of firearm period. Just think about it, regardless of whether or not they would have, or ever have committed a criminal act with that firearm, the number of guns off the streets would be HUGE.

So when are you turning in your guns again?

500bbc

Reaction score
I see where you are going with this and agree.... which is why I advocate for every Democrat Voter be banned from owning any type of firearm period. Just think about it, regardless of whether or not they would have, or ever have committed a criminal act with that firearm, the number of guns off the streets would be HUGE.

Libturds are statistically much more likely to murder with a firearm than a Conservative.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

more like wrist rockets, don’t you know... they all went green

Old Texan

Reaction score
Libturds are statistically much more likely to murder with a firearm than a Conservative.
Kind of a terminal chicken little syndrome.....They're so emotional about issues, they make irrational decisions far more worse than the actual issue. Like spoiled children, if they cannot have their way, they'll make it so no one can have their way. Other folks must suffer.

Gronads made the statement when asked why he feared guns, that he was afraid of shooting himself. A fear of Russian Roulette. He didn't feel he could overcome the emotional pull of putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger......

Liberals are not emotionally normal or stable people and can't realize others do not have these mental issues. Reality escapes them entirely.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
This is not surprising. It has happened before. And it will keep happening.
By design.
I'm still waiting to see Trump (it was a campaign promise) rescind the ridiculous and nefarious EO that bill fucking klintoon signed in 1996 barring the carrying of personal protection firearms and weapons, concealed or otherwise, from all military installations.
I won't even entertain the sheer stupidity of this action that effectively turned them into gun free zones or the dangerous blatant, irony of it all.
Fucking dumb.

Last edited:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Are you saying this weapon was purchased at a gun show? I have not seen anything regarding the location of where the weapon was purchased or obtained....
For all we know this was his service revolver that he is allowed to bring over with him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Just a hunch and reported fact that it was purchased locally. An FFL should not have sold him a gun and faced felony charges if he did, and I’m skeptical that a Saudi military pilot has a lot of black market contacts in Pensacola, so the legal person to person sales without background seems most likely.
Where do you think the 911 pilots were being trained? Florida that's where.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
For all we know this was his service revolver that he is allowed to bring over with him.

Good question. One might want to ask the base commander if it was.
I wouldn't expect him/her to honestly answer if this was the case though.

'Amendment S. 1536 passed both House and Senate in 2015 as part of the “National Defense Authorization Act of 2016.” It allowed installation commanders to okay individual carry of firearms for self-defense on military installations. The impetus for this amendment was the July 16, 2015, attack on Chattanooga military assets. Four Marines and one Sailor were killed in Chattanooga.'
-Breitbart

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
This is not surprising. It has happened before. And it will keep happening.
By design.
I'm still waiting to see Trump (it was a campaign promise) rescind the ridiculous and nefarious EO that bill fucking klintoon signed in 1996 barring the carrying of personal protection firearms and weapons, concealed or otherwise, from all military installations.
I won't even entertain the sheer stupidity of this action that effectively turned them into gun free zones or the dangerous blatant, irony of it all.
Fucking dumb.

I believe it was actually Bush 1.0 responsible for that.

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score
Last edited:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
If it's "Just one life" you want to save, how about we keep violent repeat offenders in jail instead of giving them early release or no/low bond after multiple offenses?
When the dems grasp this you will see crime go down without fudging the numbers.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
If it's "Just one life" you want to save, how about we keep violent repeat offenders in jail instead of giving them early release or no/low bond after multiple offenses?
When the dems grasp this you will see crime go down without fudging the numbers.
I’m all for that. One reason we don’t is you Republicans don’t properly fund the prison system.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
I’m all for that. One reason we don’t is you Republicans don’t properly fund the prison system.
My version of prison is probably much different than yours. Fun and games were never meant to be punishment. Breaking rocks into dust with a chain around an ankle is for nothing more than to give an exercise program imo. Sledgehammers are cheap as well as rocks.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
My version of prison is probably much different than yours. Fun and games were never meant to be punishment. Breaking rocks into dust with a chain around an ankle is for nothing more than to give an exercise program imo. Sledgehammers are cheap as well as rocks.
Fine. Personally I miss penal colonies though.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
Fine. Personally I miss penal colonies though.
The death penalty has become a joke in as much as it costs more to kill than to house. If I knew the real shitheads were just breaking rocks all day I might be on board with non lethal sentences. As it stands now, jail is for those who cannot conduct themselves in society and get free life care with many benefits even the homeless don't get.o_O

SNiC Jet

Reaction score

lie.png

The FBI has made NO such announcement regarding purchased "legally".....Sad and pathetic when you "anti-gun" nuts have to fabricate lies to make your arguments.....

Last edited:

Old Texan

Reaction score
He bought it here legally per the following-
According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, foreign nationals who are in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa are forbidden from possessing a gun or ammunition unless they meet one of several exceptions. Those exceptions allow for someone with "a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business."

In response to a request for information about the Alshamrani case, the ATF cited the relevant federal law, which is posted on its website. The agency's statement to NPR also adds some details about how gun sales between foreign nationals and U.S. sellers can take place:

"A nonimmigrant alien who falls within an exception and has established residency in a State may purchase and take possession of a firearm from an unlicensed person, provided the buyer and seller are residents of the same State, and no other State or local law prohibits the transaction. A nonimmigrant alien with residency in a State may purchase a firearm from a licensee, provided the sale complies with all applicable laws and regulations."

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
“At a Sunday news conference, Rachel Rojas, special agent in charge of the Jacksonville Field Office, identified the weapon used in the attack as a 9mm Glock 45 pistol and said the shooter "did purchase it legally and lawfully" through a process that was open to "not just him, but any foreign national."

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
You starting to see the limitations of getting all of your information from propaganda sites?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Yes, they have. Do your homework and then come back and apologize.
I stand corrected....it appears the shooter found a loop hole by obtaining a Hunting License....

However, weapon was NOT purchased on Craig's List or at a Gun Show as you implied...

FBI warned of the exception in May, source says
The FBI issued a bulletin in May warning US companies about the hunting license loophole, according to a source familiar with the report. It said that exception could be exploited by terrorist or criminal elements to purchase firearms to be used in attacks.
The report, titled "Federal Hunting License Exception Could be Exploited by Extremists or Criminal Actors Seeking to Obtain Firearms for Violent Attacks," was issued to private sector partners by the bureau's private sector outreach team, the source said.

Last edited:

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
I stand corrected....it appears the shooter found a loop hole by obtaining a Hunting License....

However, weapon was NOT purchased on Craig's List or at a Gun Show as you implied...

FBI warned of the exception in May, source says
The FBI issued a bulletin in May warning US companies about the hunting license loophole, according to a source familiar with the report. It said that exception could be exploited by terrorist or criminal elements to purchase firearms to be used in attacks.
The report, titled "Federal Hunting License Exception Could be Exploited by Extremists or Criminal Actors Seeking to Obtain Firearms for Violent Attacks," was issued to private sector partners by the bureau's private sector outreach team, the source said.
That’s correct. I thought it likely that he’d purchased it legally using one loophole, and in actuality he purchased it legally through a different loophole. I support closing all such loopholes that allow dangerous people to obtain firearms.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
View attachment 824198

The FBI has made NO such announcement regarding purchased "legally".....Sad and pathetic when you "anti-gun" nuts have to fabricate lies to make your arguments.....
Perhaps accusations of lying should be fact checked a little more, but respect for admitting your mistake.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Perhaps accusations of lying should be fact checked a little more, but respect for admitting your mistake.

Your reputation is established and precedes you, and besides, I do not have that much time to waste on your nonsense.....

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Your reputation is established and precedes you, and besides, I do not have that much time to waste on you.....
Don’t waste a minute on me, but do try to get your facts straight so you don’t have to eat any more of my crow.

Carlson-jet

Reaction score
You are going to have define "Fund". Is this funding for the good guys keeping the bad guys in check or provisions for the bad guys to feel comfortable, fat and happy?