WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oak Island

nowski

Reaction score
I quit watching this show a couple of years ago, have they found any treasure yet?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did anyone get to watch episode 5 ???

Im up to date.

They’re closing in on the flood tunnel for real. They’re also close to a swamp reveal of some magnitude.

They have a Segway developing involving former lot owner tunneling from the West as well.

They’ve pulled some old tools (Gary and his detector) off the West side that date back to 1200-1400, and connect to the lot owners of that era working in from the West. Rock chisels and a couple “sharpening” swages.

So they are going to dig in the swamp with a box dam set up, continue to core to establish a directional azimuth following the Smith Cove flood tunnel, and put some resource into the Western side.

guest hs

Reaction score
Yah I know all that buy Ditect Tv did not show episode 5 on Tuesday ????

Sandlord

Reaction score
season been sucking so far.
They found one old broach, some clay, and some dynamite paper after 5 episodes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yah I know all that buy Ditect Tv did not show episode 5 on Tuesday ????
My DirecTV recorded it like normal. If your house is anything like mine I'd bet your setting for it was too low priority and was bounced for a multiple of other shows scheduled to record at the same time.
Had it happening to me on another show I had set.

guest hs

Reaction score
I even tried to watch it on the History channel app and it wouldn’t show episode 5

KevinR

Reaction score
Im up to date.

They’re closing in on the flood tunnel for real. They’re also close to a swamp reveal of some magnitude.

They have a Segway developing involving former lot owner tunneling from the West as well.

They’ve pulled some old tools (Gary and his detector) off the West side that date back to 1200-1400, and connect to the lot owners of that era working in from the West. Rock chisels and a couple “sharpening” swages.

So they are going to dig in the swamp with a box dam set up, continue to core to establish a directional azimuth following the Smith Cove flood tunnel, and put some resource into the Western side.

Great recap.

Wife and I have been watching since the beginning. Part of the fun is to joke and get fired up over the slow going. Still, it is really interesting how they have found items and clues tracing back to the 1200s and such. Even if there is no big treasure uncovered, they sure have uncovered some great history on that little island.....and spent a pretty penny doing it!.

Gotta appreciate their intensity and resolve, regardless of final outcome.

4Waters

Reaction score
This is from Google, pretty recent image of Smith's cove.

Screenshot_20191205-145253_Maps.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Ok so im all cought up and I noticed in episode 4 them talking about the cave in pit that is in between Smith's cove and the money pit, why haven't they talked about this pit before.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Stoked that they built the dam. Dam off the water and dig baby dig.

Buggydave

Reaction score
I still want to see Tony Beets come in there with his kids and some machinery! They will have that whole dam place dug up in a few days! Enough with this metal detector and a guy with a shovel BS, dig the shit out of that place!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Spoiler alert.

They don't find a damn thing.

They’ve re-written history.
DNA on a bone fragment at like 100’ down tests as 1000 year old middle eastern heritage. IE, Portuguese Templar.
The lead cross is priceless IMO.
It’s tested to originate from pre-King Philip France, a full 100 years (11th- 12th century) before the 1307 round up of Templar’s.
For me, the history is the treasure. I find it absolutely mind boggling and fascinating. The engineering that was performed on that island is insane.
Biblical...

If they can overcome it and actually reach whatever might be there, and it isn’t destroyed from drilling and flooding, there is literally no limit to what it might be.

On a side note, Marty Lagina is worth over a hundred million dollars...so cost isn’t really an issue. He made his fortune as an oilfield consultant and engineer, formed a drilling solution company and sold it.
He isn’t going anywhere.

4Waters

Reaction score
They’ve re-written history.
DNA on a bone fragment at like 100’ down tests as 1000 year old middle eastern heritage. IE, Portuguese Templar.
The lead cross is priceless IMO.
It’s tested to originate from pre-King Philip France, a full 100 years (11th- 12th century) before the 1307 round up of Templar’s.
For me, the history is the treasure. I find it absolutely mind boggling and fascinating. The engineering that was performed on that island is insane.
Biblical...

If they can overcome it and actually reach whatever might be there, and it isn’t destroyed from drilling and flooding, there is literally no limit to what it might be.

On a side note, Marty Lagina is worth over a hundred million dollars...so cost isn’t really an issue. He made his fortune as an oilfield consultant and engineer, formed a drilling solution company and sold it.
He isn’t going anywhere.
I don't necessarily think that there is treasure on the island but I don't think there isn't. I believe that it was definitely there at some point. I do agree that the history is treasure as well.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s a given that any “pirate” treasure is likely gone. Sam Ball got rich off that stuff.
I consider that stuff the “surface treasure” for lack of a better word.
But the money pit and flood tunnels is high end shit.
My concern is that any historical artifacts are destroyed from drilling.
They’ve cored up parchment and stuff that would suggest that any sealed or isolated “treasure” is negatively compromised from their own efforts.
I just hope it isn’t biblical stuff that they have damaged.

Think about it. Let’s say some real important shit is down there (and it’s feasible given the empirical data collected that points to Templar era) and one day they say
“check it out, here’s half of the ark of the covenant, the rest went over our shaker”...that would suck.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Theres been more hidden treasures found on one of my job sites in the last week than Oak Island!

buck35

Reaction score
There is an island....
I hope they eventually find something big .

sintax

Reaction score
It’s a given that any “pirate” treasure is likely gone. Sam Ball got rich off that stuff.
I consider that stuff the “surface treasure” for lack of a better word.
But the money pit and flood tunnels is high end shit.
My concern is that any historical artifacts are destroyed from drilling.
They’ve cored up parchment and stuff that would suggest that any sealed or isolated “treasure” is negatively compromised from their own efforts.
I just hope it isn’t biblical stuff that they have damaged.

Think about it. Let’s say some real important shit is down there (and it’s feasible given the empirical data collected that points to Templar era) and one day they say
“check it out, here’s half of the ark of the covenant, the rest went over our shaker”...that would suck.

I feel like thats pretty much my assessment of the situation also. I dont suspect there is anything left. I cant imagine a secret could be kept that well either, if it took more than one man to bury it, then thats one too many, and chances are anything that was there is now gone. I've watched this show from the start though, and I just geek out on what they're doing. The stories are great too, from a history perspective. It reminds me of that Nic Cage movie, National Treasure.

4Waters

Reaction score
I feel like thats pretty much my assessment of the situation also. I dont suspect there is anything left. I cant imagine a secret could be kept that well either, if it took more than one man to bury it, then thats one too many, and chances are anything that was there is now gone. I've watched this show from the start though, and I just geek out on what they're doing. The stories are great too, from a history perspective. It reminds me of that Nic Cage movie, National Treasure.
Just another clue. LOL I enjoyed those movies.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I agree with the Ball guy finding the real treasure . Secondly just because I drop a antique item on a beach does not mean somebody was there 100 plus years ago .

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I agree with the Ball guy finding the real treasure . Secondly just because I drop a antique item on a beach does not mean somebody was there 100 plus years ago .

The thing is that the island has been visited for centuries by everyone from virtually every notable pirate throughout history, to the Sinclair’s literally centuries before Columbus was even born, to French royals, to Portuguese and on and on.
The items they find mostly, to me, confirm ancient maps and transcripts rather than stand on their own as singular evidence, especially when coupled with things like Nolan’s cross and stone carvings etc.
it’s a real possibility that there is a whole freaking ship sunk in the swamp on purpose, and the swamp itself is man made.
What all this means to me is that there is no one “treasure”, but rather all kinds of different stuff from all different eras.
Ball cleaned up on his lots from pirate stuff and who knows what all.
But I believe that there is something older, far more significant still to be found. The engineering is beginning to reveal itself due to modern technologies like GPR etc.
I find it difficult to imagine that such engineering efforts centuries ago were performed simply for “everyday” treasure.
I stopped watching a couple seasons ago when all the did was drill and fuck around. But when I saw them getting serious in Smith Cove and actually finding solid evidence of the flood tunnels I had to start watching again!

grumpy88

Reaction score
I agree with you 100 percent . My only point was if a concrete guy dropped a 1932 penny in the forming in 1988 when my house was built it does not mean my house was built or lived in before 1988 . I enjoy the show and hope they do not destroy more then they find

Heylam

Reaction score
Or, if a producer or director happened to drop a cross or a coin or something. That show is so staged....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, this season is over, surprise surprise they didn't find any treasure. They ended the season talking about the "Big Dig", a 100' wide hole down to 200'+. I don't know if there will be a season this year as everything is on lockdown due to Covid19.

sintax

Reaction score
Well, this season is over, surprise surprise they didn't find any treasure. They ended the season talking about the "Big Dig", a 100' wide hole down to 200'+. I don't know if there will be a season this year as everything is on lockdown due to Covid19.

Thanks for the spoiler dude! I thought for sure they found Jimmy Hoffa, or maybe Tupac Shakur down there or something!

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanks for the spoiler dude! I thought for sure they found Jimmy Hoffa, or maybe Tupac Shakur down there or something!
Fuk, sorry I waited 2 days to post anything. I was still a little leary so I didn't go into any details but there was an interesting find from a couple seasons ago.

sintax

Reaction score
Fuk, sorry I waited 2 days to post anything. I was still a little leary so I didn't go into any details but there was an interesting find from a couple seasons ago.

haha i'm just joking man!

I'm very much convinced there was never anything there, at least in the way of treasure. I do find it interesting though, but i'm baffled how someone could pour cubic dollars down the toilet like those guys are doing. If they REALLY wanted to do a show, so me the behind the scenes show where they have to ask their accountant for 10m to dig a hole in the ground because they THINK something might be there. At this point i'm pretty convinced I have just as good of a chance at finding treasure in my backyard as these dudes have.

4Waters

Reaction score
haha i'm just joking man!

I'm very much convinced there was never anything there, at least in the way of treasure. I do find it interesting though, but i'm baffled how someone could pour cubic dollars down the toilet like those guys are doing. If they REALLY wanted to do a show, so me the behind the scenes show where they have to ask their accountant for 10m to dig a hole in the ground because they THINK something might be there. At this point i'm pretty convinced I have just as good of a chance at finding treasure in my backyard as these dudes have.
I'm kinda with you, it's very obvious that something happened on that island and I do believe there was something of great historical means/value there but not anymore. Nonetheless they will rewrite history when and if they make it to the bottom of the money pit.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It ain’t about the “treasure”.
They can’t keep any of it anyway even if they did find something valuable.
I think they can only personally keep like 5% or something like that. Canada keeps it all.
It’s never been about monetary gain.
Since childhood they have dreamed of digging for treasure on oak island, exploring an actual pirate island. That readers digest article all those years ago planted a seed that never died.
Marty Lagina made his fortune by forming then selling a drilling solutions company. He’s worth over $100 million by himself. His partner Craig Tester is a multimillionaire as well, though not at Laginas level.
Rick is the poor brother. He tips in under $5 million.
So exploring their childhood dreams, backed by their own success in life, while entertaining me on a Tuesday night doesn’t seem like such a stupid thing.
How many can say the same? Lol

They have dated shit back to mid/ Middle Ages.
Basically rewritten the fables we were taught in school concerning N American history.

I for one hope they keep pouring money into it so I can continue to live vicariously through them, since I’ll NEVER be able to do anything close to what they have done.

So let’s see, 800 years ago people dug flood shafts and tunnels and holes over 100’ deep by hand, after sailing from god knows where to a forsaken island in the fucking N Atlantic for no reason and to hide nothing....yeah, makes sense.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Or, if a producer or director happened to drop a cross or a coin or something. That show is so staged....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol
Yeah, a producer dropped a priceless (in my mind) 12th century Templar cross, mined from a French lead source in the 1100’s into 20’ of overfill 150’ from shore, under a previously undiscovered “ramp” dated to mid 1700’s.
Makes sense...

sintax

Reaction score
There is clearly some works on the island, but i'm not convinced its some elaborate medieval fort knox. I think its likely that the island was indeed used as some sort of fort, or settlement, maybe some type of way station, who knows.

Would it be cool if they found something, sure. I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing i didnt waste 8 years of my life watching some stupid show =)

spectras only

Reaction score
What I question about treasures on that island is, what pirate did have time and resources to dig as deep [ 200 feet ] to hide his loot [ treasure ] as these modern day treasure hunters digging for? :p

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What I question about treasures on that island is, what pirate did have time and resources to dig as deep [ 200 feet ] to hide his loot [ treasure ] as these modern day treasure hunters digging for? :p

That’s the thing, pirates were only a small part of the equation at a small slice in time there.
If we are to believe recorded history’s lessons concerning Templar’s, King Solomon, and basically everything from the early ages through the renaissance (middle ages, 450 AD- 1450 AD) then it’s easy to see that this island could easily be a Depot through the ages, literally.
Spanning 1500 years or more. Straight into the renaissance and the pirate ages.
So the question “why would anyone dig a 200’ hole with elaborate flood systems, by hand, in an era of sailing ships, is exactly the million dollars question!
I think time and Mother Earth has shifted and possibly destroyed whatever was there.
They aren’t going to pull the ark out one day with that big ass claw.
The thing is that it isn’t just one thing, one “treasure” in one period of history, it’s a journal.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There is clearly some works on the island, but i'm not convinced its some elaborate medieval fort knox. I think its likely that the island was indeed used as some sort of fort, or settlement, maybe some type of way station, who knows.

Would it be cool if they found something, sure. I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing i didnt waste 8 years of my life watching some stupid show =)

Yeah it would be cool!
Take comfort in the fact that it’s not really 8 years wasted, more like 16-20 hours a year for 8 years...lol

KevinR

Reaction score
Wife and I have seen every show.

We always have a good laugh at the end of the show. We are thoroughly are entertained and do believe they have unearthed enough factual data to re write some of the history of what was previously known in that area.

sintax

Reaction score
Wife and I have seen every show.

We always have a good laugh at the end of the show. We are thoroughly are entertained and do believe they have unearthed enough factual data to re write some of the history of what was previously known in that area.

yea, thats the part that i kind of geek out on honestly. I've always been a bit of a "history" buff, even though it seems our history is not as well known as we thought it was. This show has proven that many times.

That paved area in the swamp really blew my mind, esp with the year range that scientist came back with for when those stones were laid on top of those trees. I still cant wrap my head around that.

Sandlord

Reaction score
we say the same thing every week;
1) muddy sticks, they found muddy sticks, old muddy sticks.
2) Tony Beets woulda had the loot and been gone, before the Canadians knew he was there.

sintax

Reaction score
we say the same thing every week;
1) muddy sticks, they found muddy sticks, old muddy sticks.
2) Tony Beets woulda had the loot and been gone, before the Canadians knew he was there.

haha serious. If those dudes hand any sack they'd hire ol Tony to get that shit sorted.