WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bilgie's Minnesota Adventure! (Sleekcraft "Barn Find")

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Boat content.:rolleyes:
dunno.jpg

sintax

Reaction score
man that thing is a time capsule, talk about a cool piece. I really love the flake, its so similar to dads 18' Kona I grew up on. Blue and Silver HEAVY metal flake.

Reactions: TBI

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
So here's a little update - In true TBI fashion 😁
We've been working on Scott's boat during the summer, while the covid bullshit provided some spare time, it has made rounding up parts a bitch! The power trim was shot, got all the parts and rebuilt the entire assembly to the (tune of about $900) Also rebuilt carbs and all new fuel lines, pumps, filters etc. Scott wanted to take the boat on vacation for labor day weekend, but we hadn't made a maiden voyage in it yet for a good shakedown. I had a biopsy scheduled for Wednesday and they said I would be pretty sore for a day after, so we decide we will go to the local lake on Friday. Wednesday morning I go to get my procedure done and in prepping for pre-op, they did labs and told me my platelets had tanked hard and there's is no way they can cut me open because there would be no way to stop the bleeding. Looking pretty grim for the test drive at this point. So yesterday I go in for a transfusion, after the transfusion the nurse was wheeling me out of the hospital in a wheelchair, about halfway down the hall she starts to scream, I look down and the floor looks like a crime scene, the dressing where the IV was is saturated with blood and it's squirting down my arm like a fucking Monty Python movie! They rush me back in and redo the dressing with a shit ton of gauze then wrap my whole arm tight as hell.

One hour later....😁
IMG_20200904_155701.jpg

Last edited:

buck35

Reaction score
Take care dude! Also kinda funny,as I was just thinking about this thread a couple days ago.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Well you made it, how'd the boat run?:D
Not worth a shit :D
At about two thirds into the throttle it just dies, no sputter, stumble or nothing just dies. I'm thinking we're missing a little insulation on one of the wires in the control box and it's grounding out on the throttle linkage?

Either that or Uncle Bob had us on a rev limiter because he knew I had no business being out there :D

Never even got it on plane, but it a was still a great trip! We floated for a bit and had a couple toasts

I think the boat ride did more for me than the Doctors and Hospital

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not worth a shit :D
At about two thirds into the throttle it just dies, no sputter, stumble or nothing just dies. I'm thinking we're missing a little insulation on one of the wires in the control box and it's grounding out on the throttle linkage?

Either that or Uncle Bob had us on a rev limiter because he knew I had no business being out there :D

Never even got it on plane, but it a was still a great trip! We floated for a bit and had a couple toasts?

I think the boat ride did more for me than the Doctors and Hospital
Sorry about the boat, glad you got on the water.👍

Reactions: TBI

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
1. After reading about your hospital go around glad to see you post.
2. This was an awesome read.
3. What's up with the boat today? Running well?
As is often the case life got in the way, Scott has had his hands full with some pretty tough family issues and I have
had a shitty run of health problems for the past couple years.
Boat has been on the back burner, but it's an indoor climate controlled back burner.
Hopefully we will be able to show it some love over the winter and get it out on the water next year.