WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Safe ....or Sexy

rvrrun

Reaction score
My wife's new boat, which colors do you like? I came up with the white/orange and at the last minute muddied the water with the gray/red.
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.25.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.25.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 4.26.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 6.00.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 6.01.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 6.02.01 PM.png

4Waters

Reaction score
They have a blue that looks stellar on the water.

Edit: Masters blue metal flake

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I like the orange and white for visibility and I like orange.
The Gray/Grey does look cool though but the red interior is a little loud.
Either way, it looks like a memory making machine. :cool:

DWC

Reaction score
First interior on the second boat. Do a red stripe instead of Orange. Congrats. Will be a bad ass boat either way.

rvrrun

Reaction score
They have a blue that looks stellar on the water.

Edit: Masters blue metal flake
Masters blue flake started this mess five years ago. We saw a G25 in that color and it got us boating again. I built this boat in blue first, but my wife wants grey Seadek and the blue only looks good with tan Seadek so we went orange in a nod to our last boat. Well, I started messing with colors and she loves the grey/red combo. My t-bird is black/red, her JCW is black/red so our love for that combo runs deep. My biggest concern is the Havasu heat on that combo. My ‘bird was daily driven with a red interior and was remarkably cool when sitting in the sun. The small bits of black, you would never touch with bare skin.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I thought for sure you sold the Tremor to get a toon. Your Wife has great taste. Much better option than a toon!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Personally i like the cemet with red, problem is that will be dated in a few years, kinda like teal and pink of the early 90s and the oranges and greens of the early 2000s. Think timeless colors, cant go wrong with that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

rvrrun

Reaction score
I thought for sure you sold the Tremor to get a toon. Your Wife has great taste. Much better option than a toon!
That was the plan. We decided that she should have a watersports boat while her body is young enough to enjoy it. It killed me to sell the Tremor, but I am sure Bob will be happy to build a twin in a few years when we are done with this.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
This color here, I can see this boat from across the lake.

View attachment 823737

And I can see the cost of gel repair on this boat from across the lake. Any scratches or gouges requires a full respray of the entire sidet to get it to match because of the metal fleck. It will never lay down the same as the original even if color is spot on. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the stripper makeup

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
And I can see the cost of gel repair on this boat from across the lake. Any scratches or gouges requires a full respray of the entire side to get it to match because of the metal flake. It will never lay down the same as the original even if color is spot on. Do yourself a favor and stay away from the stripper makeup
LOL. Nicely put I guess. :p

15th Century Multi- Million dollar paintings have been restored to their glory. Blue flake is so loud most would never be able to pick out a repair. I bet there are imperfections that would attract the same attention. :cool:
I still like the Orange and Dave is looking to buy an outdated boat in 3 years on the cheap. LOL :p

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
That Red/Gray really looks cool.....

Either one works.:D

sirbob

Reaction score
Have some courage to take a risk

Grey / red

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I’d go orange/white. First thing I thought when I saw the grey/red was that it is a Lego boat.
Or, I’d look at red exterior where the orange is and white/grey interior. So many options. Going to be a cool ride whatever you choose.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Go all white please. It will be easier for me to buff out the scratches from Fox's dock balls when I can afford to buy it from you in a decade! Vote for the Orange / White combo. Don't like the "stripper makeup" metal flake. Would love to upgrade my old school Nautique to a GS.

52fab023-3db8-4adc-803e-35f1167a2f26.jpg

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Can I ask?
Size? Power? Seating?
Ball park $$$ ??

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
My wife's new boat, which colors do you like? I came up with the white/orange and at the last minute muddied the water with the gray/red.
View attachment 823729 View attachment 823730 View attachment 823731 View attachment 823732 View attachment 823733 View attachment 823734

I think the bottom boat is sweet. The popular thing right now is very plain exterior with full color interiors, but yes it can be quite niche in terms of resale if that is ever a consideration.

The GS24 is a great boat. I have one on my floor right now. They updated the hull design for 2019 (surfs much better than previous years) and with the Pro Ballast set up they surf very similar to a G series which is saying a lot since that is pretty much the standard which all others are judged. Great thing about the GS series is they still ski pretty decent for a v-drive.

Who is your dealer if I may ask? Congrats, you will love it!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Both will look extremely dated in a few years. I’m more of a traditional guy. Our friends boat in blue. 20 years later it’ll look good still.

24700310-8CCB-4064-918B-3B06AD3EFEDE.jpeg

rvrrun

Reaction score
I think the bottom boat is sweet. The popular thing right now is very plain exterior with full color interiors, but yes it can be quite niche in terms of resale if that is ever a consideration.

The GS24 is a great boat. I have one on my floor right now. They updated the hull design for 2019 (surfs much better than previous years) and with the Pro Ballast set up they surf very similar to a G series which is saying a lot since that is pretty much the standard which all others are judged. Great thing about the GS series is they still ski pretty decent for a v-drive.

Who is your dealer if I may ask? Congrats, you will love it!
We are talking to Gary at Suncountry Havasu.

He sold us on the GS over the G. I like the way it drives and handles over the G, but it’s going to take some getting used to a lower boat after the Tremor. Also, a GS is low enough to fit in the garage.

buck35

Reaction score
We are talking to Gary at Suncountry Havasu.

He sold us on the GS over the G. I like the way it drives and handles over the G, but it’s going to take some getting used to a lower boat after the Tremor. Also, a GS is low enough to fit in the garage.

Mine has the red and black interior. Easy to keep clean and no fading after 24 years.
DSC_0245.JPG

rvrrun

Reaction score
Can I ask?
Size? Power? Seating?
Ball park $$$ ??
I found a website that shows MSRP and dealer cost. https://seedealercost.com/

For some reason the Nautique site does not show the prices on any so I had to go there to price options.

It’s powered by a ZR4 409hp and seats 17. We have just about every option on it but the blue water stuff and the awareness camera (I’ll turn my head).

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

For some reason the Nautique site does not show the prices on any so I had to go there to price options.

It’s powered by a ZR4 409hp and seats 17. We have just about every option on it but the blue water stuff and the awareness camera (I’ll turn my head).

The base ZR4 engine should be fine for lower altitudes. If you think you are going to run the boat at elevation much, I would definitely go to one of the direct injection engines as they are night and day in terms of linear power. The ZZ5 is great but I would jump to the 450hp ZZ6 if it is in your budget. The boat won't necessarily go any faster, but it will get to top speed so much quicker and the throttle response on the DI engines is amazing. The ZR4 is a great bullet proof engine though and it's nice not top pay an upcharge for it.

Good luck and have fun!

rvrrun

Reaction score
The base ZR4 engine should be fine for lower altitudes. If you think you are going to run the boat at elevation much, I would definitely go to one of the direct injection engines as they are night and day in terms of linear power. The ZZ5 is great but I would jump to the 450hp ZZ6 if it is in your budget. The boat won't necessarily go any faster, but it will get to top speed so much quicker and the throttle response on the DI engines is amazing. The ZR4 is a great bullet proof engine though and it's nice not top pay an upcharge for it.

Good luck and have fun!
We talked about the H6/ZZ6 vs the ZR4 but couldn’t justify the cost for what we do. Most of the time it will be 4-6 people in the boat and it will only run Havasu Parker and maybe Powell.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score

What about the 10k Stern Thruster? :eek:

rvrrun

Reaction score
What about the 10k Stern Thruster? :eek:
Only available on the G as far as I know. I’ll have to learn to back this thing up and dock it like a real man.

That and the engine reving to the moon at 40mph are the only two things I’m not looking forward to.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Personally I really like the boat you built with the red interior. I wouldn't worry about resale, get what you want as there will always be a buyer for it. You have to keep in mind if you build a blue and white boat, or something that everyone has, then you are competing against 5000 other blue and white or red and white boats on the market when you got to get rid of it. If you have something like green or red interior (something more on the fringe), there is always that one guy or gal that is searching out a particular color and when they see yours they will buy it. Honestly, Solar Red (the orange boat you built) would probably take longer to sell as that color is not popular whatsoever. I have been working for Nautique for three years and have never sold an orange boat. Green, purple, yellow and every other color I have sold at least one.

Unfortunately my customer base here in the Tahoe area is super conservative color wise and these two are about as wild as we get.

New 2020 GS22 I just got in in Mystic White and Masters Blue Metalflake. Such a good color combo. Masters is always one of my best sellers.

20191210_093347.jpg

2020 G23 in Haze Grey and Steel Blue Metalflake. The Haze is a new color this year. I really like it and it looks even better as an interior color.
20191210_093557.jpg

Last edited:

rvrrun

Reaction score
Personally I really like the boat you built with the red interior. I wouldn't worry about resale, get what you want as there will always be a buyer for it. You have to keep in mind if you build a blue and white boat, or something that everyone has, then you are competing against 5000 other blue and white or red and white boats on the market when you got to get rid of it. If you have something like green or red interior (something more on the fringe), there is always that one guy or gal that is searching out a particular color and when they see yours they will buy it. Honestly, Solar Red (the orange boat you built) would probably take longer to sell as that color is not popular whatsoever. I have been working for Nautique for three years and have never sold an orange boat. Green, purple, yellow and every other color I have sold at least one.

Unfortunately my customer base here in the Tahoe area is super conservative color wise and these two are about as wild as we get. hahaha.

New 2020 GS22 I just got in in Mystic White and Masters Blue Metalflake. Such a good color combo. Masters is always one of my best sellers.

View attachment 824234

2020 G23 in Haze Grey and Steel Blue Metalflake. The Haze is a new color this year. I really like it and it looks even better as an interior color.
View attachment 824235
I think we are leaning towards the white/solar red. Not because we like it better, but because of the heat here. There was a tiny stripe of red on the interior of our last boat that would get much hotter than the rest of the interior. I did model a masters blue flake boat with the solar red piping in the interior, but I couldn’t make it look good with grey Seadek and my wife hates the tan.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I think we are leaning towards the white/solar red. Not because we like it better, but because of the heat here. There was a tiny stripe of red on the interior of our last boat that would get much hotter than the rest of the interior. I did model a masters blue flake boat with the solar red piping in the interior, but I couldn’t make it look good with grey Seadek and my wife hates the tan.

Yes, the colored interiors are hotter than shit. We did a test here when it was only 80 degrees out. The Mohave and Tungsten was like 40 degrees hotter than the white. Haze, and Sahara Sand are a good compromise if you want some colored interiors without getting too hot. Tahoe is always cold in my opinion so you can have any color and be ok.

MasterCraft has the cool touch interiors but they have some durability issues.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Yes, the colored interiors are hotter than shit. We did a test here when it was only 80 degrees out. The Mohave and Tungsten was like 40 degrees hotter than the white. Haze, and Sahara Sand are a good compromise if you want some colored interiors without getting too hot. Tahoe is always cold in my opinion so you can have any color and be ok.

MasterCraft has the cool touch interiors but they have some durability issues.
That’s good to know about the hotter colors. My t bird has a red interior with the top always off and it never gets too hot to touch, but 110-115 degree heat changes that.

Now all I need is the Paragon style canopy for it.