WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

10 hrs for ten minutes

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Just kidding:p

In 07, both my neurosurgeon and my orthopedic surgeon had said that alcohol "Could" impede my progress. I figured they were both a whole lot smarter than me, so I listened. At the time, I didn't know if they meant the brain issues, the nerve damage or the bones. I kind of figured all of the above, and didn't touch a thing for about 9 or 10 months.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Those gas cans are illegal in CA.
The green ones not :)

Plus, I've never heard of anyone getting popped for illegal gas cans. I know it's technically written, but never seen or heard it enforced.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The green ones not :)

Plus, I've never heard of anyone getting popped for illegal gas cans. I know it's technically written, but never seen or heard it enforced.

how is the green one not illegal?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
how is the green one not illegal?
I don't know. It's stamped with CA legal fuel container or something along those lines. Bought it 7 months ago in California before we moved.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They’re illegal to sell.
They aren’t illegal to use or own.

While I’m sure we’ll get the inevitable “my buddy’s brothers cousin got a ticket for one”, no one can cite the law that broken for using it owning one.

Regs are here, read them for yourself:

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/regact/pfc/2005/frorev2.pdf

§ 2467. Applicability
(a) Except as provided in Section 2467.3, this article applies to any person who sells, supplies, offers for sale, advertises or manufactures for sale in California portable fuel containers or spouts or both portable fuel containers and spouts for use in California.
(b) Except as provided by Section 2467.3, no person shall sell, supply, offer for sale, advertise, or manufacture for sale in California a portable fuel container or spout or both portable fuel container and spout on or after July 1, 2007 unless said portable fuel container or spout or both portable fuel container and spout is covered by an Executive Order issued pursuant to this article.
NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rrrr

Reaction score
Ouch!

Still had a quarter tank left too!! Welcome to California.. hopefully they fix a pothole with the money.. oh that’s right they stole the money already.

View attachment 823834

Jeeeeezus. I filled up on Friday at a QuikTrip in McKinney, regular was $2.00.

It'll easily be over a year before you heal completely. It's going to try your patience every day after the boot comes off, but you have to go easy, do the PT, and protect it.

My right shoulder has a torn rotator cuff that's already been repaired once, back in 2005. It hurts like a mofo when I reach for something above my head. I've resisted surgery for two years, because the healing process sucks. It requires two months in a sling, four months of PT, and another 8 to 12 months for the pain to completely go away.

I don't want to deal with the long healing process. Maybe I'll have surgery in January, so it won't screw up summer too bad.

So I really sympathize with your condition. Follow your doctor's program, work the PT hard. You must find the energy and mental toughness to do the exercises every day, not just the two days a week you see the therapist. You don't want to be left with permanent pain and decreased mobility.

I'm pulling for you to recover completely, RD. Stay with it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t run back and forth to California enough to justify the tank.. Plus I have had this truck for years and will probably run it another year or two before I sell it.

When I left out of Havasu I ran acoma to the birth side and was half asleep as I only slept for a few hours the night before.. The gas stations at the 40 were pretty packed so I kept rolling.
On the way back. Could have probably made it to needles but it was breezy and I started thinking about comjng up short and sitting on the side of the road etc.. lol.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I almost got in a fist fight at a gas station in Quartzite trying to fill up before California, a lady cut in front of me while I was waiting in line for a pump (She claimed she had been waiting at another pump longer than I had). After that I figured paying a few extra bucks is worth my sanity, the lines are way shorter in California.