WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drama in the channel

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Not Havasu for a change, though I'm guessing there may have been some alcohol involved here as well. Fairly new 40' sportfisher hit the bridge last night while taking a harbour Christmas lights toddle. Took about an hour to get it pulled out due to the rising tide making it tighter. And no, it probably won't buff out.

Hit the bridge.jpeg

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
Wow. That WAS a beautiful boat. Even if I was a passenger I would have been crying with every crunch sound.

DWC

Reaction score
That’s painful.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
He wasn’t even close. Did the fuzz show up and do a sobriety check?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Missed it by that much, either really wasted to thing that would fit or maybe he lost power?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t even close. Did the fuzz show up and do a sobriety check?

Two Sheriffs showed up about 20 minutes after contact, they assisted in getting him pulled out. Don't know about checking for BUI.

The impact noise was horrible. I was in the house putting up decorations but instantly knew what had happened. This is a car/foot traffic bridge that nothing taller than a kayak can pass under most of the day. At low tide maybe a SUP and short operator can make it under.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Two Sheriffs showed up about 20 minutes after contact, they assisted in getting him pulled out. Don't know about checking for BUI.

The impact noise was horrible. I was in the house putting up decorations but instantly knew what had happened. This is a car/foot traffic bridge that nothing taller than a kayak can pass under most of the day. At low tide maybe a SUP and short operator can make it under.
Is this the bridge in Huntington Harbour, around the corner from Sunset beach paddle board / duffy rentals?

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Is this the bridge in Huntington Harbour, around the corner from Sunset beach paddle board / duffy rentals?

Huntington Harbour but the bridge onto Humbolt Island, inland side of the harbor.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Huntington Harbour but the bridge onto Humbolt Island, inland side of the harbor.
that is a low bridge most of the time. i float tube in the harbour quite a bit and there have been times where i have to duck under in my float tube to clear that bridge.

gqchris

Reaction score
I know of a guy that was running it hard at night drunk on an Inflatable and hit that bridge at 40 MPH. Decapitated himself.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I know of a guy that was running it hard at night drunk on an Inflatable and hit that bridge at 40 MPH. Decapitated himself.

40mph in the harbor?

spectras only

Reaction score
The sportfisher I see in the picture is larger than 40', if it's the one lit up with lights.;)
Yeah, that would suck paying for the repairs.:eek:

BajaMike

Reaction score
Amazing how many “captains” don’t know how tall there boat is. Or their judgement is “impaired”.......

Taboma

Reaction score
Amazing how many “captains” don’t know how tall there boat is. Or their judgement is “impaired”.......

Hell, he peeled the bow rail back and shoved his dingy up onto the windshield, so not even a 1/3 of the height, I don't think he saw it at all.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...When I lived aboard it was always a sense of great empowerment when you blew your horn and the guy had to lift up the Henry Ford railroad bridge...I can’t remember as to whether my boat would clear the Schular Heim bridge which was right next to the railroad bridge...sure had a lot of fun with those bridges never hit one...

BajaMike

Reaction score
Hell, he peeled the bow rail back and shoved his dingy up onto the windshield, so not even a 1/3 of the height, I don't think he saw it at all.

Impaired, by substance or semi-naked girls on board can do it.